The Bucs Stop Here

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: The Bucs Stop Here

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:27 pm I didn’t watch game but saw stats and score.

For those who watched, how did it happen? 27 1st downs to 17 and double the time of possession!!! And only 1 TO.

I get that Bailey was a total disaster but sheesh how did they manage to lose this by double digits ?
Brady threw for 2 touchdowns, Jones rushed for a touchdown, and their kicker kicked 2 field goals of 18 and 48 yards so that is how Vikings lost by double digits
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

S197 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:15 pm Half of those were on the last drive after O’Neill was out. Like I said, they didn’t play great but I saw progress.
He got the crap beat out of him today. The Olines pass blocking is not good. The six sacks don’t include the numerous times he was hit and hit hard. That scissors hit was brutal and Tampa Bay should have been assessed a roughing the passer or a flagrant. That hit on Beebe was a flagrant miss by the refs.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

The team played hard. Cook surprised me and I give him a ton of credit. He went out there and ran hard. I didn't think he would do much. It was nice to see our young TE get involved. Maybe he can get the starting spot next year. Cousins also did much more than I thought he would. The few passes he had time he made something happen. He even had a couple nice runs. Getting sacked 6 times makes a tough job almost impossible. I'm glad he didn't get hurt. He hung in there and gave his all. Most would have folded. This FG kicker needs to be cut now. Plane lands tell him do get his crap out of the building. He'll never make another FG at this point. Basically an embarrassment to the kicking profession. Our OL didn't help either.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

CharVike wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:50 pm The team played hard. Cook surprised me and I give him a ton of credit. He went out there and ran hard. I didn't think he would do much. It was nice to see our young TE get involved. Maybe he can get the starting spot next year. Cousins also did much more than I thought he would. The few passes he had time he made something happen. He even had a couple nice runs. Getting sacked 6 times makes a tough job almost impossible. I'm glad he didn't get hurt. He hung in there and gave his all. Most would have folded. This FG kicker needs to be cut now. Plane lands tell him do get his crap out of the building. He'll never make another FG at this point. Basically an embarrassment to the kicking profession. Our OL didn't help either.
Bailey is not getting cut until after the season, there is no replacement kickers on the market right now
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Mike Zimmer, when asked about Dan Bailey, said, “At this point, we’re not really worried about feelings any more.”

Later, Zimmer said, “If you guys want me to fire guys for making a mistake here or there, we wouldn’t have any players. Let’s not put this all on Dan Bailey.”
https://twitter.com/goesslingstrib/stat ... 72675?s=21
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

S197 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:59 pm
Mike Zimmer, when asked about Dan Bailey, said, “At this point, we’re not really worried about feelings any more.”

Later, Zimmer said, “If you guys want me to fire guys for making a mistake here or there, we wouldn’t have any players. Let’s not put this all on Dan Bailey.”
https://twitter.com/goesslingstrib/stat ... 72675?s=21
He fired Carlson :roll: Zimmer is an idiot
Frozen Rope
Starter

Post by Frozen Rope »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:07 pm
He fired Carlson :roll: Zimmer is an idiot
I agree Randy. The only difference is Bailey was available then. I’d take a retired kicker now. I’m not sure Bailey can get past this,
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Watching the replay I didn’t realize O’Neill came back in and actually struggled quite a bit. Makes me less optimistic.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:27 pm I didn’t watch game but saw stats and score.

For those who watched, how did it happen? 27 1st downs to 17 and double the time of possession!!! And only 1 TO.

I get that Bailey was a total disaster but sheesh how did they manage to lose this by double digits ?
It's pretty simple.

Bailey missed 3 FGs and an extra point. There's 10 of the 12 points (well, 9 ... we went for 2 and converted on our second TD).

When he missed, he gave the Bucs good field position and allowed them to climb out of the early offensive hole they were in.

Then there were a bunch of penalties in the first half. An unnecessary roughness penalty on Harrison Smith (total bull ... the refs are looking for him now), a DPI on Gladney in the end zone when Mike Evans slipped (also B.S.) and a DPI on a freaking Hail Mary as time expired in the first half, which led to a field goal (even the biased Fox announcers thought that call was garbage).

After that, it was injuries as much as anything else. O'Neill went down, then Rashod Hill went down replacing O'Neill. That forced Cleveland to move out to RT and Dru "Turnstile" Samia into the game at RG. That led to a bunch of late sacks of Cousins, two of them coming when the Vikings had first-and-goal at the 8 with lots of time left and could have made it 23-21 with a TD. They lost 19 yards on the two straight sacks, leading to yet another missed FG by Bailey.

So yeah ... we dominated the stat sheet and lost by 12.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Kapp got the gist of it. There were even more questionable calls and non calls, though. There were also typical Vikings' stupid penalties that they DID deserve. It was the kind of game that made me wonder why in the world I continue to follow this team. And then I remember that it really isn't a choice, but rather an obligatory weight that I must drag through this life :lol: .
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:21 pm

It's pretty simple.

Bailey missed 3 FGs and an extra point. There's 10 of the 12 points (well, 9 ... we went for 2 and converted on our second TD).

When he missed, he gave the Bucs good field position and allowed them to climb out of the early offensive hole they were in.

Then there were a bunch of penalties in the first half. An unnecessary roughness penalty on Harrison Smith (total bull ... the refs are looking for him now), a DPI on Gladney in the end zone when Mike Evans slipped (also B.S.) and a DPI on a freaking Hail Mary as time expired in the first half, which led to a field goal (even the biased Fox announcers thought that call was garbage).

After that, it was injuries as much as anything else. O'Neill went down, then Rashod Hill went down replacing O'Neill. That forced Cleveland to move out to RT and Dru "Turnstile" Samia into the game at RG. That led to a bunch of late sacks of Cousins, two of them coming when the Vikings had first-and-goal at the 8 with lots of time left and could have made it 23-21 with a TD. They lost 19 yards on the two straight sacks, leading to yet another missed FG by Bailey.

The call on Smith was the right one, it was helmet to helmet. The fact that they missed the call on Beebe and also the hit on Cousins was the more BS calls. Same with Gladney, I watched it again and it was PI. Fuller does slip but Gladney is grabbing at him all over the top of his route and the ball was catchable. The Hail Mary PI is questionable. Todd Davis definitely made contact before the ball arrived and didn’t get his head around but it’s so rarely called on those plays I don’t like the flag.

I think the refs were poor today but more so because they missed penalties on Tampa. The penalties they actually called were penalties they just weren’t called evenly.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

The Gladney PI starts at 4:25.

https://youtu.be/EPI4m7xdX44
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

S197 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:41 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:21 pm
It's pretty simple.

The call on Smith was the right one, it was helmet to helmet. The fact that they missed the call on Beebe and also the hit on Cousins was the more BS calls. Same with Gladney, I watched it again and it was PI. Fuller does slip but Gladney is grabbing at him all over the top of his route and the ball was catchable. The Hail Mary PI is questionable. Todd Davis definitely made contact before the ball arrived and didn’t get his head around but it’s so rarely called on those plays I don’t like the flag.

I think the refs were poor today but more so because they missed penalties on Tampa. The penalties they actually called were penalties they just weren’t called evenly.
That's a fair assessment. What I dislike is that when we play the marquee named QBs of the league, the officiating just doesn't feel even. This was another one of those days. The clock operator screwed us over at the end of the half too. Buck and Aikman even called it out.
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

Stupid puckers Crosby perfect on the year have a penalty moves them back 5 yards then makes a 58 yard field goal to go up ten. Better to be lucky than good
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Raz wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:17 pm Stupid puckers Crosby perfect on the year have a penalty moves them back 5 yards then makes a 58 yard field goal to go up ten. Better to be lucky than good
Lucky? He is a good kicker, I am not surprised he made it