Slick Rick being outmaneuvered by Jags fans!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Slick Rick being outmaneuvered by Jags fans!

Post by VikingPaul73 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:50 am

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2020/11/1 ... ck-ngakoue

I wonder how this will affect trade incentives in the future
0 x

Rhodes Closed
Transition Player

Re: Slick Rick being outmaneuvered by Jags fans!

Post by Rhodes Closed » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:41 am

It's of zero concern. A 4th is a 4th and we get one from the Ravens in 2022 if Yannick makes Pro Bowl.

I also highly doubt even with this concerted effort he even makes it in. Yannick has not had a good year, period.
0 x

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:11 am

Jags fans are idiots.

Pro Bowl selections are weighted only one-third toward fan vote. The rest come from players and coaches.

Do we honestly believe players and coaches are going to cast even one vote for a guy who has a grand total of 3 tackles and 0 sacks with Baltimore? A guy who has been voted into one Pro Bowl three years ago on the strength of a 12-sack season that he has no prayer of duplicating? A guy whose production with the Vikings has been matched by D.J. Wonnum?

There is no way Yannick Ngakoue makes the Pro Bowl in 2020.

Next topic.
0 x
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:04 pm

Jokes on them, we turn all our mid-picks into 7th round picks anyway!
3 x

VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:55 pm

S197 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:04 pm
:lol:

I just thought the article and the idea were hysterical. Reason #1000 that fans shouldn't vote for Pro Bowl :lol:

As much as I've complained about Rick, the 2020 draft class is really shaping up to be a promising one.

Jefferson - already looks to be a star, probably ROY
Gladney - really improving the last couple of weeks. He's a starter and looks like a 1st rounder. A young 1st, but still a 1st
Ezra - starting now and getting better every week. Baldy seems to love him, and who am I to argue with Baldy?
Dantzler - improving when he's on the field. Hopefully he'll be back this week. Looks like he'll be a quality starter if he stays healthy
Wonnum - getting more snaps and improving every weeks, with some sacks too. Looking forward to seeing him and Hunter next year

That's 5 in a row that look like hits! I know it's early but they look promising. And Vikes have also gotten some meaningful contributions from Lynch, Hand, Osborne and even Dye. Again it's early but this could turn out to be a fantastic class
0 x

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:20 pm

VikingPaul73 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:55 pm
S197 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:04 pm
:lol:

I just thought the article and the idea were hysterical. Reason #1000 that fans shouldn't vote for Pro Bowl :lol:

As much as I've complained about Rick, the 2020 draft class is really shaping up to be a promising one.

Jefferson - already looks to be a star, probably ROY
Gladney - really improving the last couple of weeks. He's a starter and looks like a 1st rounder. A young 1st, but still a 1st
Ezra - starting now and getting better every week. Baldy seems to love him, and who am I to argue with Baldy?
Dantzler - improving when he's on the field. Hopefully he'll be back this week. Looks like he'll be a quality starter if he stays healthy
Wonnum - getting more snaps and improving every weeks, with some sacks too. Looking forward to seeing him and Hunter next year

That's 5 in a row that look like hits! I know it's early but they look promising. And Vikes have also gotten some meaningful contributions from Lynch, Hand, Osborne and even Dye. Again it's early but this could turn out to be a fantastic class
We had 15 picks. Also, we have to remember guys playing for us doesn't make them a good selection. We always seem to forget this until they are off the team. I can wholeheartedly say that Osborne is a horrible pick. I don't care how many returns we fields. They guy is simply not an NFL returner and we will be looking for another one next year or the year after.
1 x

VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:43 am

YikesVikes wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:20 pm
We had 15 picks. Also, we have to remember guys playing for us doesn't make them a good selection. We always seem to forget this until they are off the team. I can wholeheartedly say that Osborne is a horrible pick. I don't care how many returns we fields. They guy is simply not an NFL returner and we will be looking for another one next year or the year after.
You are definitely right that several rookies have been prematurely pushed into service due to injuries and such a roster overhaul this past offseason. No doubt. And guys like Lynch, Dye, Hand certainly aren't locks to have long NFL careers.

But those top 5 are looking extremely promising right now and I'm extremely optimistic about their futures. Heck JJ is already a star!

With Osborne, I honestly have not paid too much attention. I know he's making contributions but I can't argue with you.

And there are still a lot of 6th and 7ths that aren't on the active roster, but are on the practice squad, so who knows what they will be in a couple of years.

I've been as much of a Spielman critic as anyone, but credit where credit is due.
0 x