Justin Jefferson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Justin Jefferson

Post by 808vikingsfan »

I'm happy for Diggs and his success in Buffalo. I knew he was going to flourish there as he was going to a good team with a capable QB. #1 WR. In the league. I know some here think of Thielen as a better WR but I don't think it's even close. Thielen is very good, but not elite like Diggs.

Everyone has an opinion. My opinion, he just wanted to win and he knew that wouldn't happen in Minnesota with Cousins.

I think this team misses Diggs' fire and passion. Maybe after JJ gets acclimated, he can become that vocal leader this team is missing.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

makila wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:39 pm Diggs seems to be doing great in Buffalo. I wasn't a fan of the trade at the time. I am glad JJ has been everything and more we thought he might be. Diggs and Allen are really clicking. At one point they quoted Diggs as saying how "real" Josh Allen is. Seemed a little diggy, almost made me wonder how truthful the statement is. I'm glad it's working for both parties. That is how a trade should work imho. It makes it where the front offices maintain a strong relationship and future trust for potential trading partners.
Not seems. He is doing great in Buffalo. He's leading the league in several categories. He's helped turn Buffalo into a legitimate SB contender .
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

For me Jefferson has been the biggest bright spot this year. He's looking like a 10 year vet and I can't wait to see the jump he makes next season.

I'm also happy Diggs is doing well. I will never forget the miracle catch and will always love him for that play. I don't think they could afford to pay him that contract anyways. Our cap would really be a nightmare if we had to account for that going forward.

I hope both players have very productive and lengthy careers.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:18 am For me Jefferson has been the biggest bright spot this year. He's looking like a 10 year vet and I can't wait to see the jump he makes next season.

I'm also happy Diggs is doing well. I will never forget the miracle catch and will always love him for that play. I don't think they could afford to pay him that contract anyways. Our cap would really be a nightmare if we had to account for that going forward.

They are going to give that contract to Jefferson in a few years if Jefferson keeps it up
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:23 am
Maelstrom88 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:18 am For me Jefferson has been the biggest bright spot this year. He's looking like a 10 year vet and I can't wait to see the jump he makes next season.

They are going to give that contract to Jefferson in a few years if Jefferson keeps it up
Very true and he will be deserving but in the meantime we aren't up against the wall and we let some of the dead weight come off the books (Barr, Cousins, Smith, maybe Thielen by that point).
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:19 am
RandyMoss84 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:23 am
Very true and he will be deserving but in the meantime we aren't up against the wall and we let some of the dead weight come off the books (Barr, Cousins, Smith, maybe Thielen by that point).
And with the (team option) fifth year (doubt we'd let it get that far if he continues as a WR1), the team may not be up against it for awhile yet if for whatever reason his performance levels off.

But I'd look at Danielle Hunter's contracts as a guide: Drafted 2015, signed a new contract 2018 for five years $72M. Renegotiations moved money around in 2020 to lessen his cap hit.

My guess is if JJ continues on his path, he will be treated likewise. I see it as a non-issue, if the situation requires, it'll get done.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Justin is 45 yards away from breaking Randy's yardage record and if he does, Randy can look on the bright side, he gets to keep his touchdown record and I doubt any rookie will break Randy's touchdown record :thumbsup:
makila
Franchise Player

Post by makila »

808vikingsfan wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:50 am
makila wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:39 pm Diggs seems to be doing great in Buffalo. I wasn't a fan of the trade at the time. I am glad JJ has been everything and more we thought he might be. Diggs and Allen are really clicking. At one point they quoted Diggs as saying how "real" Josh Allen is. Seemed a little diggy, almost made me wonder how truthful the statement is. I'm glad it's working for both parties. That is how a trade should work imho. It makes it where the front offices maintain a strong relationship and future trust for potential trading partners.
Not seems. He is doing great in Buffalo. He's leading the league in several categories. He's helped turn Buffalo into a legitimate SB contender .
Fair point. I wasn't attempting to minimize his impact on the field, he's been as good as any WR in the game on the field. I was referring to his mental happiness. Which is all speculation of course. That's why I used the word "seems", I didn't communicate myself well though.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Congratulations to Jefferson on breaking Randy's yardage record and rookie yardage record!!! :thumbsup: :rock: :v): :appl:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

D.K. Metcalf, who everybody goes nuts over, finished the season with almost 100 yards less than Justin Jefferson.

Way to ball out, JJ. You were easily the best reason to watch the Vikings this year.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.