Everson is a Lion

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Everson is a Lion

Post by StumpHunter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:25 pm Actually the Cowboys have a surplus of edge rushers, and Griff wasn't playing all that well. He's got a couple sacks, but his pass rush win rate is really low, especially for him.

Gonna be weird seeing AP and Griff in Lions unis.
His pressure percentage is actually higher than last year's with a 7.5 versus a 7.2.

That is good for 22nd among qualifying defend ends this year and almost 2 percentage points higher than the best pass rusher on the Vikings, Odenigbo, who is averaging pressure on 5.8 % of his pass rushes and 2.5 points higher than Ngakoue.

He was getting after the passer, but like someone else said, Dallas has edge rushers and they don't really need him.
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

Perfect. Way to go Zim. Ezra says thanks.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/302 ... ta-vikings

Griffen later noted on Twitter that he expected more from Zimmer after he "gave everything for that team."
"I miss guys," he said. "I miss Harrison [Smith], I miss Anthony [Barr], I miss E.K. [Eric Kendricks], I miss Zimmer. So when Zimmer said that about that -- I'm a good player -- all right, we're going to see who's a good player on Sunday. That's what I've got for him."
"I don't ever talk bad about people, so for him to call me a good player, all right, I got something for him on Sunday."
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

In other news ... the Lions brought in Kyle Sloter once again to work out today.

Let the man-crushing begin.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

And in news that actually pertains to Everson Griffen (sorry, couldn't resist when I saw that the Lions brought in Sloter) ...

Earlier this week, Mike Zimmer told the Star Tribune that Everson Griffen was a "good player for us."

That apparently didn't sit well with Griffen.
“Like, he wasn’t just a good coach to me," Griffen said. "He was a great coach. He helped me improve, he helped me grow. I don’t ever talk bad about people, so for him to call me a good player, all right, I got something coming for him on Sunday.”
Griffen referenced Zimmer's "insult" 11 times in a 10-minute chat with reporters. I mean, wow. Athletes are interesting characters. They'll take anything as a lack of respect.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:13 pm And in news that actually pertains to Everson Griffen (sorry, couldn't resist when I saw that the Lions brought in Sloter) ...

Earlier this week, Mike Zimmer told the Star Tribune that Everson Griffen was a "good player for us."

That apparently didn't sit well with Griffen.
“Like, he wasn’t just a good coach to me," Griffen said. "He was a great coach. He helped me improve, he helped me grow. I don’t ever talk bad about people, so for him to call me a good player, all right, I got something coming for him on Sunday.”
Griffen referenced Zimmer's "insult" 11 times in a 10-minute chat with reporters. I mean, wow. Athletes are interesting characters. They'll take anything as a lack of respect.
Could be just him trying to find a little extra motivation. Not a smart move imo, since Zimmer would have brought him back in a minute and free agency is going to be hard on non-elite players for at least 1 more season. Can't be burning bridges when there are so few available.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

After today's beatdown of the Lions, maybe Griffen should be glad he got even a "good" from Zimmer. :lol:
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.