The Vikings aren't THAT bad...blow it up or nah?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Re: The Vikings aren't THAT bad...blow it up or nah?

Post by Cliff »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:29 amI do not want Zimmer as defensive coordinator, I do not want Zimmer associated with the Vikings anymore, let him go to the Bengals.
I do not want him in the game
I do not want him in the rain
I do not want him near the bench
I don't want his play calls in a pinch
I do not want him, Vikings fans
I do not want that one-eyed man

Sorry, I've got a 20 month old.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

I dusted my old crystal ball off trying to make sense out of this mess we are in. When I say old crystal ball I mean old as in remembering following the Vikings from their first game at nine years old until today only missing the 1972 season when I was launching planes off an aircraft carrier as part of the cat crew.

The crystal ball is faded and foggy so it’s opinions are always subject to closer scrutiny.

It tells me that it thinks Zim was not on on board with the Cousins trade.

It says that the Vikings thought they had a good enough defense to keep them in QB shootouts but it self destructed before the first coin toss of the season. It goes onto say that they expected big things from cousins but obviously what little progress he made or steps forward have been countered with twice as many steps back.

The delusions of management that we were still a competitive team have been shattered. My crystal ball is not giving me a clear reading on what management is thinking now or their plans going forward. That indicates that either my crystal ball needs a tuneup or that Vikings management is shell shocked and still doesn’t have a plan.

I wish that I saw a Super Bowl win in my crystal ball but there is nothing but fog and mist. As a fan I’m long in the tooth and would have liked to see some assurance that things will get better in my lifetime but my crystal ball is pleading the fifth when I ask that question.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Cliff wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:53 am
RandyMoss84 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:29 amI do not want Zimmer as defensive coordinator, I do not want Zimmer associated with the Vikings anymore, let him go to the Bengals.
I do not want him in the game
I do not want him in the rain
I do not want him near the bench
I don't want his play calls in a pinch
I do not want him, Vikings fans
I do not want that one-eyed man

Sorry, I've got a 20 month old.
:lol:
psjordan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by psjordan »

This is a long read concerning the Pats and Belichick, but is certainly an eye-opener when discussing pro personnel front office, talent drafted, talent traded for and away, salary cap, etc. over the past 10 years or so.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/302 ... t-easy-fix
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

I've been a fan for a long time and I would rather they stick with what they have at this point. I don't see the next Landry or Walsh or whatever available at this point. The Lions a few years ago grab the best from the Pats and guess what. They still suck. They can't even challenge for a wild card. We are in a rebuild at this point. We have some nice young players that were selected by Speilman. For Zimmer yes he does some things that pisses some off but any HC will do that. Bud pissed me off many times and he's a HOF coach. Our team has not quite on Zim. They are willing to lay it out which says a ton about him. My biggest knock on Speilman is collecting all those late round choices. I also wanted Drew Lock when he came out but Speilman didn't. He was there for us. Even with a new GM I won't like all the picks. In todays game contending is success I guess and we have done that more often than not. Bottom line I don't see a better guy available.