Imagine the possibility 2 ( Mr Sewell)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Imagine the possibility 2 ( Mr Sewell)

Post by YikesVikes » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:23 am

[youtube]https://youtu.be/NcaDs-cuMco[/youtube]

Now that we look to be out of the Trevor Olympics, let's look to other players in the draft.These are clips of him as a Sophomore. This guy is going to be an amazing LT.
0 x

StumpHunter
Career Elite Player

Re: Imagine the possibility 2 ( Mr Sewell)

Post by StumpHunter » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:03 am

YikesVikes wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:23 am
[youtube]https://youtu.be/NcaDs-cuMco[/youtube]

Now that we look to be out of the Trevor Olympics, let's look to other players in the draft.These are clips of him as a Sophomore. This guy is going to be an amazing LT.
I would be very disappointed if the Vikings got a top 5 pick again and spent it on a LT again. I know it is an important position, but it is just one spot on the line, a spot that is actually playing pretty well this year.

A more mobile QB would do more for the line as a whole than an upgrade at LT, and a disruptive 3 tech or elite edge rusher to pair with Hunter would make it so our offense wouldn't have to do as much.

Since there isn't a game changing DE or DT in this draft that would fall in that top 5 range, that leaves Fields or Lance to get excited about if Trevor is truly out of reach. The rest of the top 10 don't do a whole lot for me. They might be great players, but they either play positions that we don't need or positions like LT that are pretty boring and won't be the missing piece.

I think at this point the most likely pick would be Micah Parsons if Zimmer and Spielman are still picking for us. He would be a much cheaper version of Barr and Zimmer wants that Barr type LBer in his defense.

Rousseau might be interesting too. He can be disruptive inside and out in the pass rush, but he only has one year of tape to go off of.
3 x

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:37 pm

I wouldn't want the Vikings to take a LT in the top 5. They just drafted Ezra Cleveland, who hasn't even had an opportunity yet.

The more I see video and read about Trey Lance, the more I like him. We wouldn't need a top 5 pick to get him, which means if we ended up in the Top 5, we could possibly trade down and get more picks. I realize he hasn't played top competition and would need time to develop, but we're actually in a good position to let him do just that. Meanwhile, his skillset is incredible. For those of you thinking he's just an athlete, know this ... Lance's most frequent comp is none other than Andrew Luck. Scouts say that while his arm talent is top-shelf, his real strength is that he has the same leadership and "I'm going to do whatever it takes to beat you" mindset that Luck had. (If only Cousins had been born with THAT in his DNA.)

The Vikings have to make a decision on Cousins by next March, when his contract extension becomes fully guaranteed through 2022. Since the Vikings are likely to stick with Cousins, I'd say draft Lance in the top 10 or 12 and let him develop in 2021 and 2022. Play him if you need to, but otherwise let him learn.
4 x
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:23 pm

If our corners are still struggling I really like Patrick Surtain Jr. out of Alabama. If only we had drafted Winfield Jr. Hopefully Gladney turns out to be just as good or better.
Last edited by Maelstrom88 on Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.

Foreman44
Waterboy

Re: Imagine the possibility 2 ( Mr Sew

Post by Foreman44 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:18 pm

I know many do not want to go qb unless it’s Lawrence. Many would prefer o line and totally understand.Its been a weak link for to long. I have said on another forum that when it comes to QBs. It’s a long shot gamble at best. Look at Cleveland. Trabiski Chicago, Leaf, countless others. But a few have starred outside the first, personally, I wished we had gone Russell Wilson. Dak was pretty good. Romo, Brady. Delhime were decent late rounders.

But imo.. we need a young QB.... cousins is not the answer.. I will say he is a good QBs with a great line. But he is not going to carry the load on his shoulders when losing...

But IMO.. we need to go high, I wouldn’t mind going another hoping one took. If it didn’t look good after year one. I believe they should be able to see. If any questupions go againthe next year. Til you get one. I am even more so inclined Going one that is more mobile, not a dead duck,like cousins.
0 x