Vikings Suspend In-person Club Activities

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Vikings Suspend In-person Club Activities

Post by PacificNorseWest » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:55 pm

Give it time...anytime someone tests positive the doom and gloomers become unhinged. :lol:

People said the same thing when the Marlins broke out, yet here we are watching baseball make it to the playoffs.

The Vikings so far are doing this only out of precaution...today's a day off anyway...let it play out.
2 x

TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:22 pm

YikesVikes wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:03 pm
TSonn wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:55 pm
This might teeter on political talk here, and mods feel free to delete if necessary...

But if I were a team in a state that's handling COVID well (subjective, I know), I would boycott playing in states that have high positivity rates and I would boycott playing against teams coming from those states in your stadium.

It just highlights the complete lack of direction and federal response we've had as a country.
The NFL should have created a pseduo bubble.
1. Team and team employees with access to players stay in a hotel for 6 months.
2. Team locks down a 2nd hotel for visiting teams.
3. Daily testing as usually
4. Chartered flights cleaned an hour before and after take off.

That would have given the best change for success. Allowing people to go home is crazy.
100%. Not only does going home jeopardize the football season, but it could also spread the disease even further (and to people who don't make millions for health care). I'm guessing they floated the bubble idea to owners and they turned it down because players wouldn't go for that for 6 months.
0 x

Husker Vike
Transition Player

Post by Husker Vike » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:25 pm

Well at least with no wins we are in the running for the top draft pick,smh.
1 x

StanM
Rookie

Post by StanM » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:46 am

This cloud has a silver lining if it means that the Vikings won't lose again this coming Sunday. They can't lose if they don't play can they? :lol:
0 x

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:00 pm

Zero positive results for any Vikings players, coaches or staff, according to vikings.com.

Vikings will be playing Houston this weekend.
1 x
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

StumpHunter
Career Elite Player

Post by StumpHunter » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:46 pm

TSonn wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:22 pm
YikesVikes wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:03 pm

The NFL should have created a pseduo bubble.
1. Team and team employees with access to players stay in a hotel for 6 months.
2. Team locks down a 2nd hotel for visiting teams.
3. Daily testing as usually
4. Chartered flights cleaned an hour before and after take off.

That would have given the best change for success. Allowing people to go home is crazy.
100%. Not only does going home jeopardize the football season, but it could also spread the disease even further (and to people who don't make millions for health care). I'm guessing they floated the bubble idea to owners and they turned it down because players wouldn't go for that for 6 months.
Players aren't engaging in any more risky behavior than the guy at the McDonalds drive thru. Sure they are grabbing each other for 60 minutes, but they are constantly being tested and don't have a bunch of people coming through from who knows where getting their food without masks on.

We go through all these considerations for these football players while real people are doing things in the real world far riskier because they need to work to survive and can't just stay home while this blows over.
0 x