Points and yards given up in 3 games most in history

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 341

Re: Points and yards given up in 3 games most in history

Post by RandyMoss84 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:24 pm

PacificNorseWest wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:50 pm
Rodgers and GB haven't lost to Minnesota since when? 2018 now? It's starting to even out...that is, Rodgers versus a Zimmer defense.

I think the secondary will settle in eventually. The rookies haven't looked all that bad really. There will still be rookie mistakes along the way, but also, there lack of a run stopper and another pass rusher is going to be concerning all season, most likely. The offense is going to have to stay consistent and tighten up the mistakes down the stretch, a la Seattle with Russ, if they hope to be competitive the rest of the way. Not much room for error when you start 0-3.
Vikings have not won against Packers and Bears since 2018, Zimmer is a joke
0 x

User avatar
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2923
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Location: Seattle, Wa
x 146

Re: Points and yards given up in 3 games most in history

Post by PacificNorseWest » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:43 pm

Yeah, that's bad.
0 x

User avatar
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3769
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm
Location: Hawaii
x 103

Re: Points and yards given up in 3 games most in history

Post by 808vikingsfan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:14 pm

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:24 pm
Vikings have not won against Packers and Bears since 2018, Zimmer is a joke
He's beaten them before. What's the common thread in 18-19?
0 x
Joined: Aug 2006
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014

User avatar
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 341

Re: Points and yards given up in 3 games most in history

Post by RandyMoss84 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:23 pm

808vikingsfan wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:14 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:24 pm
Vikings have not won against Packers and Bears since 2018, Zimmer is a joke
He's beaten them before. What's the common thread in 18-19?
So what? I can understand the Packers since they are better than Vikings but not the Bears
0 x

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 12321
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii
x 464

Re: Points and yards given up in 3 games most in history

Post by S197 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:02 pm

808vikingsfan wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:14 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:24 pm
Vikings have not won against Packers and Bears since 2018, Zimmer is a joke
He's beaten them before. What's the common thread in 18-19?
New head coaches. He hasn't beaten Nagy or Lafluer .
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 341

Re: Points and yards given up in 3 games most in history

Post by RandyMoss84 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:39 am

S197 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:02 pm
808vikingsfan wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:14 pm


He's beaten them before. What's the common thread in 18-19?
New head coaches. He hasn't beaten Nagy or Lafluer .
Yup, Zimmer sucks
0 x

Vikecycle
Practice Squad
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:02 am
x 1

Re: Points and yards given up in 3 games most in history

Post by Vikecycle » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:41 pm

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:16 pm
CharVike wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:42 am

I've posted this before but Zimmer's D IMO was never that great when we played teams that can move the ball. We shut out the Packers which padded the stats but the only reason why that happened is because Rodgers was out. When Rodgers plays they can score when ever they feel like it. The year we made it to the Champ game in Philly with a bum at QB and a great stat D that really couldn't stop a team that could score I thought crap I never thought we could make the show with a total stiff at QB and half arse D that was ranked top 5 for some reason. Of course our great D was ripped to shreds by a stiff QB who happened to have the hot hand at that point. This stiff QB wasn't even sure if he really wanted to play football anymore. At that point a great D lays the wood to that stiff. Our D didn't do anything. The bum looked like the greatest QB that ever played the game. Even last year when Cousins beat the Saints in the playoffs the D did nothing. They let some stiff backup QB do whatever he wanted to. He made it look easy. Zim got lucky because the Saints HC kept going back to Brees which was a tremendous break for us. Otherwise we were done. Then Zim's great D makes the stiff Jimmy G look better than Rodgers. Zim is considered by the experts as a defensive genius but I don't see that. Since he's been with us teams that can score do so easily. Yes he'll shut down the stiffs. That will never get a team over the hump. There are few stiffs once in the playoffs. I like a D that brings tremendous pressure on the QB like the way Buddy Ryan always built a D. Bring big time heat and all QBs have a hard time. Week one this year Rodgers was never touched. You can't beat him that way. Last year the 49ers got after him and made him a mortal QB. Zim always plays this bend but don't break BS. I say the heck with that get after the QB. Make him put it up. That forces the issue.
I'm no longer a Zimmer apologist, so take what I'm about to post with that in mind. But you gotta get facts before you post stuff like this.

Here's the truth, directly from Sports Illustrated.
Combined, Zimmer's teams are 6-5-1 against the Packers. Rodgers has completed 62.1 percent of his passes with 19 touchdowns, four interceptions and a rating of 94.2. Only once has Rodgers thrown for 300 yards against a Zimmer defense. In five games at Minnesota, Rodgers has never thrown for more than 213 yards.
Aaron Rodgers, until this season's opener, has historically struggled against Zimmer's Vikings more than any other team.

Again, I'm no apologist. I'm not happy with the job Zimmer is doing this year. But facts are facts.
The issue is, two of those game were against Brett Hundley. The best record Zimmer ever held against Rodgers as a Vikings HC was 3-4-1, but he has since lost 3 straight.

3-7-1, you know who beat Rodgers that many times in less years? Chilldress.
0 x

Vikecycle
Practice Squad
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:02 am
x 1

Re: Points and yards given up in 3 games most in history

Post by Vikecycle » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:44 pm

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:23 pm
808vikingsfan wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:14 pm


He's beaten them before. What's the common thread in 18-19?
So what? I can understand the Packers since they are better than Vikings but not the Bears
The Bears are better too.
0 x

User avatar
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 8194
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm
x 843

Re: Points and yards given up in 3 games most in history

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:59 pm

Vikecycle wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:41 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:16 pm

I'm no longer a Zimmer apologist, so take what I'm about to post with that in mind. But you gotta get facts before you post stuff like this.

Here's the truth, directly from Sports Illustrated.

Aaron Rodgers, until this season's opener, has historically struggled against Zimmer's Vikings more than any other team.

Again, I'm no apologist. I'm not happy with the job Zimmer is doing this year. But facts are facts.
The issue is, two of those game were against Brett Hundley. The best record Zimmer ever held against Rodgers as a Vikings HC was 3-4-1, but he has since lost 3 straight.

3-7-1, you know who beat Rodgers that many times in less years? Chilldress.
Where are you getting this?

I just quoted you that the Vikings were 6-5-1 against the Packers under Zimmer coming into this season. Where are you getting 3-7-1? That doesn’t even add up to enough games.
0 x
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

Vikecycle
Practice Squad
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:02 am
x 1

Re: Points and yards given up in 3 games most in history

Post by Vikecycle » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:40 pm

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:59 pm
Vikecycle wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:41 pm


The issue is, two of those game were against Brett Hundley. The best record Zimmer ever held against Rodgers as a Vikings HC was 3-4-1, but he has since lost 3 straight.

3-7-1, you know who beat Rodgers that many times in less years? Chilldress.
Where are you getting this?

I just quoted you that the Vikings were 6-5-1 against the Packers under Zimmer coming into this season. Where are you getting 3-7-1? That doesn’t even add up to enough games.
Your quote was not correct. Zimmer is 5-7-1 against the Packers currently, prior to the season he was 5-6-1, but two of those games were against Brett Hundley.

Against AARON RODGERS, Mike Zimmer is currently 3-7-1. The games against Hundley bring that up to 5-7-1.

Brad Childress as far as winning against Rodgers, was better then Zimmer as a Vikings HC.
0 x

CharVike
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1165
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:28 pm
x 204

Re: Points and yards given up in 3 games most in history

Post by CharVike » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:22 am

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:16 pm
CharVike wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:42 am

I've posted this before but Zimmer's D IMO was never that great when we played teams that can move the ball. We shut out the Packers which padded the stats but the only reason why that happened is because Rodgers was out. When Rodgers plays they can score when ever they feel like it. The year we made it to the Champ game in Philly with a bum at QB and a great stat D that really couldn't stop a team that could score I thought crap I never thought we could make the show with a total stiff at QB and half arse D that was ranked top 5 for some reason. Of course our great D was ripped to shreds by a stiff QB who happened to have the hot hand at that point. This stiff QB wasn't even sure if he really wanted to play football anymore. At that point a great D lays the wood to that stiff. Our D didn't do anything. The bum looked like the greatest QB that ever played the game. Even last year when Cousins beat the Saints in the playoffs the D did nothing. They let some stiff backup QB do whatever he wanted to. He made it look easy. Zim got lucky because the Saints HC kept going back to Brees which was a tremendous break for us. Otherwise we were done. Then Zim's great D makes the stiff Jimmy G look better than Rodgers. Zim is considered by the experts as a defensive genius but I don't see that. Since he's been with us teams that can score do so easily. Yes he'll shut down the stiffs. That will never get a team over the hump. There are few stiffs once in the playoffs. I like a D that brings tremendous pressure on the QB like the way Buddy Ryan always built a D. Bring big time heat and all QBs have a hard time. Week one this year Rodgers was never touched. You can't beat him that way. Last year the 49ers got after him and made him a mortal QB. Zim always plays this bend but don't break BS. I say the heck with that get after the QB. Make him put it up. That forces the issue.
I'm no longer a Zimmer apologist, so take what I'm about to post with that in mind. But you gotta get facts before you post stuff like this.

Here's the truth, directly from Sports Illustrated.
Combined, Zimmer's teams are 6-5-1 against the Packers. Rodgers has completed 62.1 percent of his passes with 19 touchdowns, four interceptions and a rating of 94.2. Only once has Rodgers thrown for 300 yards against a Zimmer defense. In five games at Minnesota, Rodgers has never thrown for more than 213 yards.
Aaron Rodgers, until this season's opener, has historically struggled against Zimmer's Vikings more than any other team.

Again, I'm no apologist. I'm not happy with the job Zimmer is doing this year. But facts are facts.
I know Rodgers had a crappy stat game in 2019 when they didn't score much but IMO that had more to do with the HC than Rodgers. I think Rodgers put up 21 points by the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Then the HC shut him down to run the clock out I guess. Even Rodgers was pissed. He had no yards that game because they shut it down and almost got beat because of that. Once something is shut down it's hard to get it back. Yes Rodgers did struggle because he only threw a couple TDs in quarter 1 and had low yardage. That is a fact. Bottom line Zim gets them again this year. I don't see their HC shutting it down again. He'll let Rodgers get after it. Trust me I hate Rodgers but we have at least 7 more years of this which isn't good.
0 x