There actually IS a game scheduled TODAY

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: There actually IS a game scheduled in 2 days

Post by fiestavike » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:25 pm

I haven't watched any of the nba playoffs this year (too political) and wont be able to comapre. I hope the NFL doesnt get too political. From what I read about last night it sounds like it was better than I expected it would be. I'll tune out quick if they wade into that ****storm.

I did get a kick out of james jones saying that protesting a moment of unity is disrespectful, meaning while protesting a moment of unity is a moment of unity. We dont think too clearly I'm afraid. I dont want this kinda crap mixed with my sports.
0 x

S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:51 pm

Last night's game really seemed to lack intensity. It was almost like watching a scrimmage. Even the refs were sloppy, missing pretty blatant stuff like obvious false starts.

Makes me a little concerned how well prepared the team will be. Of course maybe the Chiefs are just that good and made it a boring game.
0 x

indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:00 pm

When people talk about "no or few fans in the stands," this Fall, covid is just part of the problem.

...------
0 x
...spirits in the wind and the trees

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:34 pm

fiestavike wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:25 pm
I haven't watched any of the nba playoffs this year (too political) and wont be able to comapre. I hope the NFL doesnt get too political. From what I read about last night it sounds like it was better than I expected it would be. I'll tune out quick if they wade into that ****storm.

I did get a kick out of james jones saying that protesting a moment of unity is disrespectful, meaning while protesting a moment of unity is a moment of unity. We dont think too clearly I'm afraid. I dont want this kinda crap mixed with my sports.
Have you tried videogames?
0 x

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:36 pm

I would like to see a reduced number of fans at game. I think the issue isn't just spacing in the stadium but lining up outside the stadium, going thru security, buying food, bathrooms etc. Best to be safe and remove it. I think a poster above me said it right, it will be noticeable at first but once the game starts, you tend to block out all of that stadium stuff anyway.
0 x

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:56 pm

Cliff wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:14 am
YikesVikes wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:18 pm

The stadium. It's why we have been practicing with pumped in noise.
That seems like it'll be weird. Will they turn the volume up when a big play happens or will it always just be one volume? What happens if the noise gets out of sync with what's happening on the field? It's going to be interesting.
Will there be boo ing when Cousins starts to suck? JK. Actually, without the crowd, I can see Cousins performing better. Less outside pressure.
0 x
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014