Yannick Ngakoue to Vikings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Career Elite Player

Re: Yannick Ngakoue to Vikings

Post by StumpHunter » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:10 pm

VikingsVictorious wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:05 am
StumpHunter wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:15 am

They cut Fournette after his best season and I don't think it saved them any cap since he was still on his first round contract. They are paying him 6 million to not play for them.

This is an even more obvious tank than Miami's last year. Minshew must be having a really bad camp.
Except Miami didn't tank at all. They started the season looking like the worst team of all time and were playing respectably by the end. My favorite non Vikings game of the year was Miami over New England.
Did they stop tanking/playing poorly when Tua got hurt? I think the timing was pretty close if I remember correctly.

I also think there is a difference between management doing everything to lose football games and the coaches and players on the field. Miami management wanted to lose, or at least were okay with losing based on the trades they made early in the season. That doesn't mean the coaching staff and players weren't doing their best to win.
0 x

VikingsVictorious
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Yannick Ngakoue to Vikings

Post by VikingsVictorious » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:01 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:10 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:05 am

Except Miami didn't tank at all. They started the season looking like the worst team of all time and were playing respectably by the end. My favorite non Vikings game of the year was Miami over New England.
Did they stop tanking/playing poorly when Tua got hurt? I think the timing was pretty close if I remember correctly.

I also think there is a difference between management doing everything to lose football games and the coaches and players on the field. Miami management wanted to lose, or at least were okay with losing based on the trades they made early in the season. That doesn't mean the coaching staff and players weren't doing their best to win.
You may be right about management, but the players didn't agree. I actually gained Huge respect for Miami after they started that season how they did and bounced back the way they did. I'm very much rooting for them to have success going forward.
0 x