Jake Browning News

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1476
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 368

Jake Browning News

Post by VikingsVictorious » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:24 am

I wasn't sure where to put this.

Purple for the win Podcast recently ran a bit about Jake Browning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avShxb69AP4

IF he has regained arm strength like Kubiak claims, he would be the obvious choice for Vikings backup QB and a potential starter down the road.
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 290

Re: Jake Browning News

Post by RandyMoss84 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 am

VikingsVictorious wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:24 am
I wasn't sure where to put this.

Purple for the win Podcast recently ran a bit about Jake Browning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avShxb69AP4

IF he has regained arm strength like Kubiak claims, he would be the obvious choice for Vikings backup QB and a potential starter down the road.
I really doubt it, Zimmer and Speilman loves Mannion so much that they gave him a 3 year contract and will probably be the starter down the road :wallbang:
0 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1476
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 368

Re: Jake Browning News

Post by VikingsVictorious » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:35 am

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 am
VikingsVictorious wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:24 am
I wasn't sure where to put this.

Purple for the win Podcast recently ran a bit about Jake Browning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avShxb69AP4

IF he has regained arm strength like Kubiak claims, he would be the obvious choice for Vikings backup QB and a potential starter down the road.
I really doubt it, Zimmer and Speilman loves Mannion so much that they gave him a 3 year contract and will probably be the starter down the road :wallbang:
Jake Browning with recovered arm strength would be so much better.
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 290

Re: Jake Browning News

Post by RandyMoss84 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:50 am

VikingsVictorious wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:35 am
RandyMoss84 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 am


I really doubt it, Zimmer and Speilman loves Mannion so much that they gave him a 3 year contract and will probably be the starter down the road :wallbang:
Jake Browning with recovered arm strength would be so much better.
I rather have Sloter back but I will give Zimmer, Kubiak and Speilman credit, they know what they are doing since Sloter is not on a NFL roster right now
0 x

StumpHunter
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 249

Re: Jake Browning News

Post by StumpHunter » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:44 pm

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:50 am
VikingsVictorious wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:35 am

Jake Browning with recovered arm strength would be so much better.
I rather have Sloter back but I will give Zimmer, Kubiak and Speilman credit, they know what they are doing since Sloter is not on a NFL roster right now
He is available. June 18th, and the greatest 3rd stringer in Vikings history is available. I wonder why?
0 x

User avatar
jeg067
Starter
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:21 am

Re: Jake Browning News

Post by jeg067 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:44 pm

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 am
I really doubt it, Zimmer and Speilman loves Mannion so much that they gave him a 3 year contract and will probably be the starter down the road :wallbang:
I think Mannion is under contract for only 1 year.
0 x
The natural state of the football fan is bitter disappointment. - N.H.

User avatar
RandyMoss84
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 290

Re: Jake Browning News

Post by RandyMoss84 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:22 pm

jeg067 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:44 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 am
I really doubt it, Zimmer and Speilman loves Mannion so much that they gave him a 3 year contract and will probably be the starter down the road :wallbang:
I think Mannion is under contract for only 1 year.
Ahh, you are right, I swear I saw an article that Vikings sign Mannion to 3 year contract a few months ago, I was wrong
0 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1476
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 368

Re: Jake Browning News

Post by VikingsVictorious » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:02 am

jeg067 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:44 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 am
I really doubt it, Zimmer and Speilman loves Mannion so much that they gave him a 3 year contract and will probably be the starter down the road :wallbang:
I think Mannion is under contract for only 1 year.
Thanks for the correction. I had high hopes for Browning, that were somewhat dashed. I'm allowing those hopes to be rekindled.
PAC 12 Player of the Year winners their sophomore season are rare and Browning holds most of the PAC12 QB career records.
0 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7913
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 642

Re: Jake Browning News

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:36 pm

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:50 am
VikingsVictorious wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:35 am

Jake Browning with recovered arm strength would be so much better.
I rather have Sloter back but I will give Zimmer, Kubiak and Speilman credit, they know what they are doing since Sloter is not on a NFL roster right now
Again I don’t get the infatuation with sloter. He hasn’t been able to stay on a roster since they let him go. Sure mannion is bad, but if sloter was any good he’d be at worst a backup right now
0 x
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am
x 128

Re: Jake Browning News

Post by YikesVikes » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:29 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:36 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:50 am


I rather have Sloter back but I will give Zimmer, Kubiak and Speilman credit, they know what they are doing since Sloter is not on a NFL roster right now
Again I don’t get the infatuation with sloter. He hasn’t been able to stay on a roster since they let him go. Sure mannion is bad, but if sloter was any good he’d be at worst a backup right now
There are plenty of good players not on nfl rosters. Your argument is flawed. His talent could be marginal enought to beat out Mannion but still not all-star level. Those kind of guys often stick in the league due to being lucky.
0 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7913
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 642

Re: Jake Browning News

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:55 pm

YikesVikes wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:29 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:36 pm


Again I don’t get the infatuation with sloter. He hasn’t been able to stay on a roster since they let him go. Sure mannion is bad, but if sloter was any good he’d be at worst a backup right now
There are plenty of good players not on nfl rosters. Your argument is flawed. His talent could be marginal enought to beat out Mannion but still not all-star level. Those kind of guys often stick in the league due to being lucky.
Yeah maybe right now there are good players left out there because of COVID and such but when week 1 hits, the pool will be very weak and Sloter could very well be in that pool at this rate.
0 x
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri

StumpHunter
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1900
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 249

Re: Jake Browning News

Post by StumpHunter » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:35 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:55 pm
YikesVikes wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:29 pm


There are plenty of good players not on nfl rosters. Your argument is flawed. His talent could be marginal enought to beat out Mannion but still not all-star level. Those kind of guys often stick in the league due to being lucky.
Yeah maybe right now there are good players left out there because of COVID and such but when week 1 hits, the pool will be very weak and Sloter could very well be in that pool at this rate.
Seems pretty likely. He isn't exactly a high priced free agent and there is very little risk in a team just signing him for very little to no guarantees.

At this point, I think he would be happy with the XFL coming back next year and making one of those squads. The guy just isn't a NFL caliber backup QB, let alone a starter.
2 x

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am
x 128

Re: Jake Browning News

Post by YikesVikes » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:55 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:55 pm
YikesVikes wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:29 pm


There are plenty of good players not on nfl rosters. Your argument is flawed. His talent could be marginal enought to beat out Mannion but still not all-star level. Those kind of guys often stick in the league due to being lucky.
Yeah maybe right now there are good players left out there because of COVID and such but when week 1 hits, the pool will be very weak and Sloter could very well be in that pool at this rate.
After this post, I contacted a childhood friend that coaches for the Lions and he said that he is an NFL caliber QB, but nothing special.
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 290

Re: Jake Browning News

Post by RandyMoss84 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:27 am

YikesVikes wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:55 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:55 pm


Yeah maybe right now there are good players left out there because of COVID and such but when week 1 hits, the pool will be very weak and Sloter could very well be in that pool at this rate.
After this post, I contacted a childhood friend that coaches for the Lions and he said that he is an NFL caliber QB, but nothing special.
You should have told him the Lions suck and he is wasting his time coaching so he should come to coach Vikings :lol:
0 x

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1206
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 am
x 128

Re: Jake Browning News

Post by YikesVikes » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:04 am

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:27 am
YikesVikes wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:55 pm


After this post, I contacted a childhood friend that coaches for the Lions and he said that he is an NFL caliber QB, but nothing special.
You should have told him the Lions suck and he is wasting his time coaching so he should come to coach Vikings :lol:
We played ball together in HS. Guy has a Master's in chemical engineering, never used it. Instead chased his dream to coach. I pray that he latches on. This is his 2nd stint in the NFL. I would welcome him in purple. I would love to pick his brain on who is really overrated. Other HS friend is a scout of the Colts. I don't ask him much because I assume his job is confidential.
0 x