Updated Depth Chart

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pep2Moss
Starter

Updated Depth Chart

Post by Pep2Moss »

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/MIN

Not perfect and I think missing a couple players but cool to look at when they add the UDFA
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Updated Depth Chart

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I will be celebrating when Beebe gets cut, he sucks
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

I wonder why they list Brandel as the 4th RT instead of the 3rd LT.
Lynch or Watts will start at the DT make Stephen the backup NT until we cut him.
Wonnum over Yarbrough.
Dye will surpass Gedeon and Wilson.
I love our CB group with the additions of Gladney and Dantzler.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Pep2Moss wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:49 pm https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/MIN

Not perfect and I think missing a couple players but cool to look at when they add the UDFA
Thanks for the link.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:23 am I wonder why they list Brandel as the 4th RT instead of the 3rd LT.
Lynch or Watts will start at the DT make Stephen the backup NT until we cut him.
Wonnum over Yarbrough.
Our defense has so many talented young guys now. It's amazing what one draft can do.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Pep2Moss
Starter

Post by Pep2Moss »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:23 am I wonder why they list Brandel as the 4th RT instead of the 3rd LT.
Wonnum over Yarbrough.
This. Super excited about everything I'm reading about Dye. The CB's look very young and talented. Boyd I remember was a guy who was pegged as a possible rd 4 corner. Hill has talent, just needs to keep it together. Been liking what I have read so far on Hand as an outside guy down the road. The three new safeties seem that they may have some staying power as well.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

So how many defensive tackles make the cut? There are a lot of talented guys.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Pep2Moss
Starter

Post by Pep2Moss »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:43 pm So how many defensive tackles make the cut? There are a lot of talented guys.
I would like Stephen cut. Depending upon how big the rosters are I would keep

Pierce, Watts, Lynch, Johnson, Holmes/Mata'afa…. I honestly might keep 6 and just four ends with Hunter, Odnigbo, Wonnum and Willekes, and line up Barr on some downs over the tackle.

We seem to have more talent inside right now, while Holmes and Hercules are still huge question marks, I want to keep them around,. not sure they make it to a PS.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Pep2Moss wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:31 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:43 pm So how many defensive tackles make the cut? There are a lot of talented guys.

Pierce, Watts, Lynch, Johnson, Holmes/Mata'afa…. I honestly might keep 6 and just four ends with Hunter, Odnigbo, Wonnum and Willekes, and line up Barr on some downs over the tackle.

We seem to have more talent inside right now, while Holmes and Hercules are still huge question marks, I want to keep them around,. not sure they make it to a PS.
what about Zettel???
Pep2Moss
Starter

Post by Pep2Moss »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:41 pm
Pep2Moss wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:31 pm

what about Zettel???
Eh he's been a whole lot of nothing after 2017 so far. We will see how he looks with Andre working some magic
Passepartout
Backup

Post by Passepartout »

Well not perfect nor any depth chart can be. But have to do!
Ready for Halloween
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

My main concern at DT is if Pierce goes down, who the heck is going to stop the run? This was the problem last year (and the year before), teams were able to run at will on the defense. Jaleel Johnson is about the closest I would say, which is a little scary. We have a lot of disruptive DTs that can get up the field but not many that can hold the line.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

S197 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:52 am My main concern at DT is if Pierce goes down, who the heck is going to stop the run? This was the problem last year (and the year before), teams were able to run at will on the defense. Jaleel Johnson is about the closest I would say, which is a little scary. We have a lot of disruptive DTs that can get up the field but not many that can hold the line.
Agreed. Zimmer has built his D to stop Aaron Rodgers, which is why the 9ers just ran the ball down our throats. A defense needs greater versatility, although I realize that's difficult with a 53 man roster

I think Stephen would be the best backup to Pierce, although obviously a pretty big step down

I am hoping throws a lot more looks a teams this year, with a healthy rotation on DL in particular. we have a lot of different players now with different skill sets, so I am hoping Zim is creative this year in his rotations and taking advantage of different weaknesses on opposing team's OL.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

It will be interesting to see if a rookie starts at corner for Zimmer's defense. I think there might actually be two rookies, since we still don't have a nickle corner with starting experience outside of Hughes.

Rookies corners in Zimmer's defense have struggled. Even the ones that have turned out well, like Waynes and Mack.
dougpaschal
Waterboy

Post by dougpaschal »

This one has the look of authenticity to it. Like it was put together by an insider or someone who's been snooping around and asking questions
https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/min