Two moves that might get Vikings to Super Bowl!!!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Two moves that might get Vikings to Super Bowl!!!

Post by StumpHunter » Tue May 19, 2020 11:10 am

fiestavike wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 am
Cam's problem is overwhelming that he is a schmuck.

Now he seems to be injury prone as well. That's a bad combination. People can tolerate a guy being a schmuck when he is at his best, winning games, making plays...less so when he is just a schmuck.
I have never heard of coaches or teammates having an issue with him.

That isn't to say there aren't distractions that come with signing him. Any team that brought him in to be a backup would face the same type of questions about how short of a leash the current starter has. Plus his showmanship is a distraction in and of itself which is probably what you are referring too. I personally don't care how he behaves in press conferences or how he celebrates a good play, but I can see how some wouldn't like it.
0 x

VikingsVictorious
All Pro Elite Player

Post by VikingsVictorious » Tue May 19, 2020 12:22 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:27 am
VikingsVictorious wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:58 am

Easily disputable.
It is easy to dispute the league MVP is not a top 10 QB?
He's not the league MVP. That would be Lamar Jackson and I'm not disputing Jackson as a top 10 QB in the league right now. Cam Newton is a former MVP and his current status IMO is very easy to make a case for him not being top 10. If he still was top 10 he would be somebodies starting QB despite his being a pain in the a$$.
0 x

VikingsVictorious
All Pro Elite Player

Post by VikingsVictorious » Tue May 19, 2020 12:25 pm

fiestavike wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 10:09 am
StumpHunter wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:27 am

It is easy to dispute the league MVP is not a top 10 QB?
Of course. Otherwise you could say Dan Marino is a top 10 QB. Time factors into these things.
You hit the nail on the head. Neither Dan Marino or Cam Newton is MVP. That is Lamar Jackson. MVP or not the best player in the league is Patrick Mahomes.
0 x