WRs in Draft

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Re: WRs in Draft

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I am not going to like it if it happens but I can understand trading for a proven receiver since the past first round wide receivers that Vikings drafted have been busts in the past few years
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Texas Vike wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:13 am
Saw it on reddit too. I'd be surprised, given that we couldn't handle Diggs' antics; now we are interested in trading for OBJ? The biggest WR Diva out there? I just don't think he'd be good for our locker room.
I agree, I just do not get it, maybe they just want to see if they can handle another diva this time :lol:
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:36 am There is a rumor that Vikings will trade their 2nd rounder and 5th rounder for Beckham, I sure hope that does not happen!
Those would be picks in next years draft.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Texas Vike wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:13 am
Saw it on reddit too. I'd be surprised, given that we couldn't handle Diggs' antics; now we are interested in trading for OBJ? The biggest WR Diva out there? I just don't think he'd be good for our locker room.
We make out like bandits on the swap of Diggs for OBJ considering the draft picks involved.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:20 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:36 am There is a rumor that Vikings will trade their 2nd rounder and 5th rounder for Beckham, I sure hope that does not happen!
Those would be picks in next years draft.
Ahh you are right, I did not realize that, I would be fine with that
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

As far as I know Beckham still has his skills. It's a large contract, but I would do it.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:08 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:44 pm
Williams is 32 is it with an injury history. Wirfs is 22 without. That's a big difference. It would be real interesting though to get Williams and Chase Young. Could have two all pros in the trenches for years to come.
I'm still all for trading Reiff and a 3rd or 4th for Williams. If we can do that AND draft Wirfs our line would look like:

LT: Williams
LG: Wirfs
C: Bradbury
RG: Could put a garbage can there for all I care
RT: O'Neill

That's a hell of an OL and easily the best OL we have had in years.
Reiff and a third for Trent Williams was what I had originally proposed we do with the Redskins.

In that case, I'd be in favor of moving up in the draft and going after Wirfs.

By the NFL Draft Points chart, our 22 and 25 picks are worth 1,500 points. That's the No. 7 pick. Meanwhile, round 2 guys are worth anywhere from 270 to 580. So the idea of trading 22 and 25 for the 12th pick and a 2nd-rounder is very appealing to me, and very do-able for the Vikings. We can still get a receiver in round 2, and it would put us in the hunt for somebody like Wirfs.

The problem is that the Cardinals, Browns and Jets all need O-line help just as bad or worse than we do. Would we have to move up even higher and forego the 2nd-rounder in order to jump ahead of Arizona, Cleveland and New York?

Gonna be interesting. Very few mocks have us moving out of our two first-round picks. I'm not so sure about that.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:01 pm

I'm still all for trading Reiff and a 3rd or 4th for Williams. If we can do that AND draft Wirfs our line would look like:

Reiff and a third for Trent Williams was what I had originally proposed we do with the Redskins.

By the NFL Draft Points chart, our 22 and 25 picks are worth 1,500 points. That's the No. 7 pick. Meanwhile, round 2 guys are worth anywhere from 270 to 580. So the idea of trading 22 and 25 for the 12th pick and a 2nd-rounder is very appealing to me, and very do-able for the Vikings. We can still get a receiver in round 2, and it would put us in the hunt for somebody like Wirfs.

The problem is that the Cardinals, Browns and Jets all need O-line help just as bad or worse than we do. Would we have to move up even higher and forego the 2nd-rounder in order to jump ahead of Arizona, Cleveland and New York?

Gonna be interesting. Very few mocks have us moving out of our two first-round picks. I'm not so sure about that.
I think our best trade partner in the early first round would be the Jags at 9.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Yeah landing a top 15 pick with 22 and then trading down from 25 is my ideal scenario. The only reason I'd like to stay in the 1st round (even if it's 32nd) with that trade down is because you get that 5th year option with first round picks. But I love your idea of something like 12 and a 2nd for 22 and 25 as well.

But I agree, I would be absolutely shocked if the Vikings actually make a pick at 22 and 25 and never move from either of those picks.

Did you see my breakdown of if we did indeed trade up then trade down?? If not I can post it for you. But it looks even better than it sounds.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:32 pm

According to the sports illustrated article I posted a page or so ago, our most likely trade partners in round one are: SF @ 13, Atlanta @ 16, Dallas@ 17, or Raiders@ 19.

Targets would be an OT or WR that we’re targeting.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Texas Vike wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:50 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:32 pm
According to the sports illustrated article I posted a page or so ago, our most likely trade partners in round one are: SF @ 13, Atlanta @ 16, Dallas@ 17, or Raiders@ 19.

I doubt that the OT we are looking for would be available at any of those spots and the WRs probably aren't worth the trade up cost.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:00 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:50 pm

I doubt that the OT we are looking for would be available at any of those spots and the WRs probably aren't worth the trade up cost.
Not sure I agree on either point. My understanding is there are 4 elite O linemen. I could see one lasting till 13. For the WRs, in my estimation Jeudy and Lamb are a considerable step up from the rest of the field. If either were to fall to 13,I could imagine them making a move up for him, if they their evaluations are similar to mine.

I could also imagine them wanting to move up a bit (to 17 or 19) in order to grab Mims or Jefferson. The Eagles (@21) are almost certain to take a WR, so if we have our eye on someone, we may try to get ahead of them.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Texas Vike wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:33 pm
Not sure I agree on either point. My understanding is there are 4 elite O linemen. I could see one lasting till 13. For the WRs, in my estimation Jeudy and Lamb are a considerable step up from the rest of the field. If either were to fall to 13,I could imagine them making a move up for him, if they their evaluations are similar to mine.

I could also imagine them wanting to move up a bit (to 17 or 19) in order to grab Mims or Jefferson. The Eagles (@21) are almost certain to take a WR, so if we have our eye on someone, we may try to get ahead of them.
I do not see Eagles taking a wide receiver, they need offensive line to protect Wentz
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

It's possible we could get out target at 13, but is it likely? There are supposed to be 4 quality OTs in the draft, but the Vikings might only covet one or two of them and those players could easily be gone by 10. I know there is supposed to be a big three WRs, but let's say Jeudy is the one they want and he's gone at 9 or 11 or 12.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I don't think we'd have to move up to take Mims. Jefferson might be iffy.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.