Dre Kirkpatrick

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Dre Kirkpatrick

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Dre has been cut by the Bengals this morning, do not be surprised if Zimmer brings him here
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Dre Kirkpatrick

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:59 am Dre has been cut by the Bengals this morning, do not be surprised if Zimmer brings him here
Yeah just posted this in my mock offseason thread. I think it's a very realistic possibility. I projected us to sign Dennard in my mock. Zim didnt draft him but he was drafted by Cincy the year Zim left so he's still familiar with the system. However, Kirkpatrick probably makes more sense because Zim was there when he was drafted and coached him for a few years. I'm all for the signing because Kirkpatrick is still a quality corner and would be a good veteran presence in a young CB room. I wouldnt be surprised at all if we go after him hard AND Kirkpatrick would want to play for Zim again.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

He was making about 9 million a year. Is he someone we can afford?
Certainly not going to sign for league minimum. Like we offered Roby.

Also he missed half of last season with a knee injury, that would have to be checked out.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Reading up on him, he has terrible ball skills (right up Zimmers' alley), but is a poor tackler, which makes him a no for Zimmer's D. He barely played the 2 seasons he was with Zimmer in Cincy, despite being the 17th overall pick. Doesn't seem like Zim was his biggest fan.