Trent Williams

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Trent Williams

Post by halfgiz »

fiestavike wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:28 am https://twitter.com/SeanBormanNFL/statu ... 81607?s=20

Might end up having to either rescind the franchise on Harris or cut Reiff in order to afford Williams...possibly both if we want to bring Griffen back too.
How we going to pay Cook...or aren't we?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Texas Vike wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:32 am Glad to see that the rumor spread by Dan Patrick, that a first round pick was involved, was debunked.

What do you guys think will get it done? A 4th and Reiff?
I don't know. I'm not sure they are after players at all. They aren't really in competition for a championship this year, or even relevance, so picks are probably more valuable to them than guys who are already in 2nd and 3rd contract territory.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

halfgiz wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:34 am
fiestavike wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:28 am https://twitter.com/SeanBormanNFL/statu ... 81607?s=20

Might end up having to either rescind the franchise on Harris or cut Reiff in order to afford Williams...possibly both if we want to bring Griffen back too.
Hopefully we aren't. sorry about the link. Strange remnant from past post. :confused:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

fiestavike wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:37 am
halfgiz wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:34 am

Hopefully we aren't. sorry about the link. Strange remnant from past post. :confused:
Yeah, checked the date on that Tweet, 4/6. Seems like it was a year ago!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

fiestavike wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:36 am
Texas Vike wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:32 am Glad to see that the rumor spread by Dan Patrick, that a first round pick was involved, was debunked.

What do you guys think will get it done? A 4th and Reiff?
I don't know. I'm not sure they are after players at all. They aren't really in competition for a championship this year, or even relevance, so picks are probably more valuable to them than guys who are already in 2nd and 3rd contract territory.
True, but they need a starter at LT, and Reiff is that. I'm OK with rolling with Reiff this season, honestly. I'd like to shore up the interior. Elf was brutal last year, and we let Kline walk.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Texas Vike wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:20 am
fiestavike wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:36 am

True, but they need a starter at LT, and Reiff is that. I'm OK with rolling with Reiff this season, honestly. I'd like to shore up the interior. Elf was brutal last year, and we let Kline walk.
I agree. Guard is very high priority, but probably not a player in the draft who solves that overnight.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

We can't afford Williams and pay Cook, unless we get rid of Reiff or Harris.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I would not mind a move up for OT Josh Jones. We keep Reiff for the year and get Jones a year of Coaching and Strength and Conditioning at NFL level.
I wonder just how much they like Oli Udoh ? Maybe at LG this year?
I definitely want Trent Williams, but what if it doesn't happen?
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

fiestavike wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:24 am
Texas Vike wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:20 am

I agree. Guard is very high priority, but probably not a player in the draft who solves that overnight.
I think that's to be expected at the position. I prefer to look at the draft with a long-term vision. It's more realistic.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Texas Vike wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:07 am
fiestavike wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:24 am

I think that's to be expected at the position. I prefer to look at the draft with a long-term vision. It's more realistic.
I do think in the next 2, perhaps 3 rounds, there are real options at other positions who might have a more immediate impact, so that's where it becomes interesting. A G prospect who likely sees his first real contribution in 2 to 3 years, or a Nickel CB who might well contribute this year, for instance.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Vikings09
Rookie

Post by Vikings09 »

I was thinking if we were not sure of getting Williams I would thought they would have drafted that tackle out of Houston or grabbed a guard.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Here we go boys!!! Come on Rick get it done!!

ESPN's Courtney Cronin reports the Vikings remain in pursuit of Redskins LT Trent Williams.
Minnesota had previously offered a Day 3 pick to the Redskins last week, but Washington apparently wants a little bit more. The Vikings can make it happen with 12 picks across the next two days, but the Redskins are running out of suitors after the Browns and Bucs both drafted tackles in the first round Thursday night to pretty much eliminate themselves from the Williams sweepstakes. The Vikings don't have much cap space to work with, so Cronin suggests Minnesota could send a pick and incumbent LT Riley Reiff to D.C. for Williams.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Vikings09 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:08 am I was thinking if we were not sure of getting Williams I would thought they would have drafted that tackle out of Houston or grabbed a guard.
Josh Jones is a not a first round prospect. He is completely raw in pass sets. There isn't even any tape of him in pass pro that has relevance to what he would be asked to do in the NFL.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

fiestavike wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:10 am
Vikings09 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:08 am I was thinking if we were not sure of getting Williams I would thought they would have drafted that tackle out of Houston or grabbed a guard.
Josh Jones is a not a first round prospect. He is completely raw in pass sets. There isn't even any tape of him in pass pro that has relevance to what he would be asked to do in the NFL.
Yeah I think that since we couldnt land Wirfs on the trade up, Williams was the next option. I'm all for it. Spielman has announced multiple times they are planning on moving up today....plus if we land Williams......woooooo I'd be one happy camper
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:09 am Here we go boys!!! Come on Rick get it done!!

ESPN's Courtney Cronin reports the Vikings remain in pursuit of Redskins LT Trent Williams.
Minnesota had previously offered a Day 3 pick to the Redskins last week, but Washington apparently wants a little bit more. The Vikings can make it happen with 12 picks across the next two days, but the Redskins are running out of suitors after the Browns and Bucs both drafted tackles in the first round Thursday night to pretty much eliminate themselves from the Williams sweepstakes. The Vikings don't have much cap space to work with, so Cronin suggests Minnesota could send a pick and incumbent LT Riley Reiff to D.C. for Williams.
I would have no problem with that if that is the trade, I would be so happy if Trent is a Viking! Make it happen please!