Colts signed Rhodes

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

RandyMoss84
Starter

Colts signed Rhodes

Post by RandyMoss84 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:25 pm

I just saw Colts signed Rhodes on a 1 year deal, Vikings did not have a good overall history at cornerback (Bobby Bryant, Ed Sharockman, Carl Lee, Antoine Winfield, and Xavier Rhodes are the only good corners in Vikings history although Nate Wright could be considered but he was not as good as the others) Rhodes was enjoyable to watch play shutting down receivers, he was one of my favorite players,it is a shame he fell off quickly! Thank you Rhodes for the good memories and I wish Rhodes the best with the Colts! :thumbsup:
0 x

Maelstrom88
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Colts signed Rhodes

Post by Maelstrom88 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:19 pm

He was fun to watch in his prime but I'm not sorry to see him go. His complaining and getting on teammates got old.
1 x
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers. Wonderlic scores matter.

Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Colts signed Rhodes

Post by Bowhunting Viking » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:59 am

I am watching PFT this morning right now. Today is Simms day off, so Peter King is on with Florio. They just finished discussing the Colts signing Rhodes. I had to laugh at a few things that they said. First Florio said the jury is out on whether Xavier Rhodes can help anyone out the way he has played the past few years. Then King added that when he saw this he thought it was very Odd and wondered if Ballard has lost his mind. He then stated that in 2016 and 17 Rhodes was a top 25 Corner. then in 2018 and 19 , neither year was he even a top 100 corner. He went onto say that he has always felt that Rhodes was a "good " corner but never a "great" corner, and that now he has fallen off the face of the earth. He was rated 103 and then 124 the past 2 years.
Florio noted that Rhodes fairly regularly found himself on the wrong end of the play as a receiver was running right by him, and was given a big contract that he never lived up to.
The only they forgot to add was his propensity to always come up lame or injured, or come off the field blaming and yelling at teammates for his blown coverage.
King ended it by saying I sure hope this is a soft contract that the Colts gave him because he doesn't believe Rhodes can reclaim what he was before.
Anyone of us on this board could have hosted that segment of the show!
1 x
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!