So far in FA, the Vikings have cut a lot of dead weight

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purplepain2018
Backup

So far in FA, the Vikings have cut a lot of dead weight

Post by Purplepain2018 »

I know it seems the Vikings have lost a lot of players this offseason in free agency, but in retrospect they were all dead weight. For example, Everson Griffen is over thirty and probably not much left in the tank. Why spend the money on an aging guy who may have one or two season left anyway. Linval Joseph see Everson Griffen. As far as all the losses in the secondary, Rhodes should have been cut last year and he is over thirty. Trae Waynes has never really lived up to his first round draft position and there is no way that he is worth what the Bengals paid for him. Andrew Sendejo is pretty much in the same boat not really a difference maker.

Two players that I would like to still have on the team are Stefon Diggs and MacKenzie Alexander.

On the bright side, the Vikings have 12 picks in the upcoming draft and five picks in the top 105. The Vikings can get younger and perhaps better at certain positions. If the Vikings draft right, and not trade picks, they could have their starting left tackle, both starting cornerbacks and wide receiver for the next four to five years in this draft. I do see a light at the end of the tunnel.

What do you think?
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: So far in FA, the Vikings have cut a lot of dead weight

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Younger, cheaper, better. What's not to like?
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.