Remaining Free Agents

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Sandpounder27
Practice Squad
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:19 am
x 3

Remaining Free Agents

Post by Sandpounder27 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:50 pm

At this point, who is left that you think the Vikes should pursue in FA? Other than Robby Anderson or Brasheed Perriman there’s not much left IMO.
0 x

Punkoholic
Practice Squad
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:44 pm
x 5

Re: Remaining Free Agents

Post by Punkoholic » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:55 pm

Andrew Krammer of the Star Tribune mentioned these players as possible fits


Jarius Wright, Demaryius Thomas and Taylor Gabriel. Apparently Gabriel wouldn't count against the compensation draft pick because he was released this off season. Thoughts?

He also had other players for different positions but I'm not subscribed to the Tribube and the site I saw this from only listed the receivers.
0 x

Sandpounder27
Practice Squad
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:19 am
x 3

Re: Remaining Free Agents

Post by Sandpounder27 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:21 pm

At receiver, my preference at FA would probably be Perriman, I think Anderson is asking too much for us to be involved. Not sure what D. Thomas has left. Wright or Gabriel would be ok if cheap enough, but then I definitely would want an early pick in the draft go WR. With Perriman I think we could address other needs in the draft early and still go WR if we want in 3-5 rounds.
2 x

User avatar
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 902
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 10:38 am
Location: Saint Michael, MN
x 120

Re: Remaining Free Agents

Post by Dames » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:23 pm

Sandpounder27 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:21 pm
At receiver, my preference at FA would probably be Perriman, I think Anderson is asking too much for us to be involved. Not sure what D. Thomas has left. Wright or Gabriel would be ok if cheap enough, but then I definitely would want an early pick in the draft go WR. With Perriman I think we could address other needs in the draft early and still go WR if we want in 3-5 rounds.
What have you heard that Anderson is asking? I am sure it's more than we want, but I would like to have him here. Perriman isn't a bad option though, and I wouldn't mind it at all.
0 x
Damian

Punkoholic
Practice Squad
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:44 pm
x 5

Re: Remaining Free Agents

Post by Punkoholic » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:01 pm

Dames wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:23 pm
Sandpounder27 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:21 pm
At receiver, my preference at FA would probably be Perriman, I think Anderson is asking too much for us to be involved. Not sure what D. Thomas has left. Wright or Gabriel would be ok if cheap enough, but then I definitely would want an early pick in the draft go WR. With Perriman I think we could address other needs in the draft early and still go WR if we want in 3-5 rounds.
What have you heard that Anderson is asking? I am sure it's more than we want, but I would like to have him here. Perriman isn't a bad option though, and I wouldn't mind it at all.
I seen reports of $13 to $15 mil a season.
0 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 138

Re: Remaining Free Agents

Post by VikingsVictorious » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:03 pm

Punkoholic wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:01 pm
Dames wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:23 pm

What have you heard that Anderson is asking? I am sure it's more than we want, but I would like to have him here. Perriman isn't a bad option though, and I wouldn't mind it at all.
I seen reports of $13 to $15 mil a season.
He's not getting any offers. He will end up settling for 8 or less.
0 x

User avatar
IIsweet
Transition Player
Posts: 398
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:02 pm
x 7

Re: Remaining Free Agents

Post by IIsweet » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:37 pm

I prefer to not spend the money on either. Wait for June 1 cuts after the draft.
Saw Perriman last year a lot, living near Tampa. He had a breakthrough half season after Evans and Godwin were out for season. Has potential but never did anything until last few games. I don't like giving him a ton of money for a handful of his games
1 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 550
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 138

Re: Remaining Free Agents

Post by VikingsVictorious » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:35 pm

IIsweet wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:37 pm
I prefer to not spend the money on either. Wait for June 1 cuts after the draft.
Saw Perriman last year a lot, living near Tampa. He had a breakthrough half season after Evans and Godwin were out for season. Has potential but never did anything until last few games. I don't like giving him a ton of money for a handful of his games
I don't think anyone is intending on giving Perriman a ton of money. That's one of the main reasons people are wanting us to go for him. They think he will come relatively cheap.
0 x