New Players on Banner

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: New Players on Banner

Post by 808vikingsfan »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:32 am
Dames wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:26 am
Yes, I'm afraid I'm all too aware of of it. Doesn't mean I can't dream of it.
Who wins a Super Bowl first.

A: Kirk
B: Tua
C: Teddy
D: Burrow
E: None of the above.

Answer: Most likely E
For me, it's not who wins, but who gives the best chance to win a SB.

I think we all know what we get with Cousins. Going into his 9th year in the league, he's not going to change. You either build a perfect team around him or you'll be a 9 win team.

I'd take any other name on that list.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:33 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:32 am
Who wins a Super Bowl first.

A: Kirk
B: Tua
C: Teddy
D: Burrow
E: None of the above.

Answer: Most likely E

I think we all know what we get with Cousins. Going into his 9th year in the league, he's not going to change. You either build a perfect team around him or you'll be a 9 win team.

You have your right to be wrong. :rock: Just kidding. It wouldn't shock me if Tua or Burrow end up being better than Cousins. We already know Teddy won't be. However odds are one of Tua or Burrow ends up being better than Cousins and the other doesn't. Or both. Or neither. Draft is a crap shoot unless your talking sure things like Luck, Megatron, or Barkley.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:23 pm
808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:33 pm

You have your right to be wrong. :rock: Just kidding. It wouldn't shock me if Tua or Burrow end up being better than Cousins. We already know Teddy won't be. However odds are one of Tua or Burrow ends up being better than Cousins and the other doesn't. Or both. Or neither. Draft is a crap shoot unless your talking sure things like Luck, Megatron, or Barkley.

We already know a guy who threw for as many yards and tds per start last year as Cousins won't be as good as Cousins? Seems like by your definition of good QB play he already is. :D
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:53 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:23 pm

We already know a guy who threw for as many yards and tds per start last year as Cousins won't be as good as Cousins? Seems like by your definition of good QB play he already is. :D
I've already seen enough of Teddy to know he isn't on Cousins level. YMMV.
I have seen a couple of game highlights of Tua and have read incredibly glowing reports on Burrow so I give each of them a chance to be as good or better at some point in their careers.
Once we get within a month of the draft I will start taking a close look at guys who are potential Vikings picks.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I think Burrow has a good chance to be better than Cousins, I do not see it in Tua
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:55 pm
PacificNorseWest wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:30 pm I'm on mobile, who is on it now?

Put Zimmer, Kendricks and Rudolph.
Zimmer is a player?
You're clearly going to contribute tremendously to this forum.

Save the snide remarks, guy. The OP didnt have to be taken too literal. Zim been here a while and the banner was already recently updated...seems fairly fluid to me...
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:39 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:55 pm

Zimmer is a player?
You're clearly going to contribute tremendously to this forum.

Save the snide remarks, guy. The OP didnt have to be taken too literal. Zim been here a while and the banner was already recently updated...seems fairly fluid to me...
What snide remark? The original poster never said coaches, just players so it is your fault
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

:lol: Alright.

I don't think anyone else deserves it, simple as that. Nothing wrong with thinking outside the box.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:49 pmWhat snide remark? The original poster never said coaches, just players so it is your fault
I did write "players" but honestly it can be anything Viking related.

The snide comment that I particularly don't like is when you told another poster "don't be stupid". Refrain from that sort of comment, it's only likely to start a fight and adds nothing to the conversation.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Various pics of Hunter crushing QBs.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.