Sean Mannion back on a new deal

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
halfgiz
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2054
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
x 47

Sean Mannion back on a new deal

Post by halfgiz » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:22 pm

Source said the Vikings are bringing back Sean Mannion on a new deal to back up Kirk Cousins. :confused:
0 x

User avatar
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee
Posts: 4225
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
x 171

Re: Sean Mannion back on a new deal

Post by fiestavike » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:27 pm

YYYEEEESSSSSS!
1 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 681
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 164

Re: Sean Mannion back on a new deal

Post by VikingsVictorious » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:19 pm

fiestavike wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:27 pm
YYYEEEESSSSSS!
LOL. The excitement. Thank you. Made me laugh almost out loud.
0 x

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11989
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii
x 288

Re: Sean Mannion back on a new deal

Post by S197 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:55 pm

All we need now is to pickup Joe Smith from Northwestern Dixie State Tech as an UDFA to complete the Spielman trifecta.
1 x

User avatar
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 902
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 10:38 am
Location: Saint Michael, MN
x 120

Re: Sean Mannion back on a new deal

Post by Dames » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:59 pm

VikingsVictorious wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:19 pm
fiestavike wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:27 pm
YYYEEEESSSSSS!
LOL. The excitement. Thank you. Made me laugh almost out loud.
HAHA, same here. Thanks fiestavike.
1 x
Damian

User avatar
Maelstrom88
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 856
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am
x 111

Re: Sean Mannion back on a new deal

Post by Maelstrom88 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:59 pm

:puke:
1 x
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers. Wonderlic scores matter.

RandyMoss84
Veteran
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 78

Re: Sean Mannion back on a new deal

Post by RandyMoss84 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:33 pm

I can not say I am surprised, I do not know what Zimmer and Speilman sees in Mannion, he is an awful back up
0 x

User avatar
Mothman
Defensive Tackle
Posts: 38141
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL
x 311

Re: Sean Mannion back on a new deal

Post by Mothman » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:46 pm

S197 wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:55 pm
All we need now is to pickup Joe Smith from Northwestern Dixie State Tech as an UDFA to complete the Spielman trifecta.
:lol: You and FiestaVike are cracking me up.
0 x

User avatar
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:39 am
Location: Convoy, Ohio
x 285

Re: Sean Mannion back on a new deal

Post by Bowhunting Viking » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:23 am

I feel this is the best move the front office have made so far in my opinion. Keeping one of the well prepared, highest football IQ QBs and undoubtedly one of the finest leaders in the history of the game as a back up in the case that Cousins goes down with an injury.
I don't know how anyone here can remotely be upset or question this deal. My God guys wake up and quit being so negative of Spielman, swallow your pride and admit he made a great move here and stop being such Dumb As ....
Oh wait... MANNION. Hell I thought it said Manning. Thought Peyton was back.
:lol: :point:
2 x
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!

User avatar
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2843
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Location: Seattle, Wa
x 110

Re: Sean Mannion back on a new deal

Post by PacificNorseWest » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:32 pm

Meh...ok. :lol:

If money and Kirk's frail ego weren't an issue, I would've certainly loved to bring in Cam or Jameis, as their market doesn't seem to very big as once thought, but whatever.
0 x

User avatar
Rhodes Closed
Transition Player
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:21 am
Location: Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
x 61

Re: Sean Mannion back on a new deal

Post by Rhodes Closed » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:38 pm

PacificNorseWest wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:32 pm
Meh...ok. :lol:

If money and Kirk's frail ego weren't an issue, I would've certainly loved to bring in Cam or Jameis, as their market doesn't seem to very big as once thought, but whatever.
Kirk has an ego?
2 x

User avatar
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3921
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am
x 113

Re: Sean Mannion back on a new deal

Post by Texas Vike » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:02 pm

Rhodes Closed wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:38 pm
PacificNorseWest wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:32 pm
Meh...ok. :lol:

If money and Kirk's frail ego weren't an issue, I would've certainly loved to bring in Cam or Jameis, as their market doesn't seem to very big as once thought, but whatever.
Kirk has an ego?
Frick yeah he does! :D
0 x

User avatar
Rhodes Closed
Transition Player
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:21 am
Location: Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
x 61

Re: Sean Mannion back on a new deal

Post by Rhodes Closed » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:31 pm

Texas Vike wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:02 pm
Rhodes Closed wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:38 pm


Kirk has an ego?
Frick yeah he does! :D
Does he like that?
1 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7670
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 508

Re: Sean Mannion back on a new deal

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:42 pm

Yeah saw this yesterday and wanted to puke. I don’t get the infatuation here. It’s like us holding onto Shaun hill (at least mannion isn’t that old). But regardless, I feel like spielman is banking too much on “Kirk doesn’t get hurt”. Neither did teddy and then that happened. Just because Kirk has been healthy his whole career doesn’t mean he couldn’t blow his knee out or something at any stage (knock on wood this doesn’t happen).
1 x
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri

User avatar
Rhodes Closed
Transition Player
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:21 am
Location: Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
x 61

Re: Sean Mannion back on a new deal

Post by Rhodes Closed » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:50 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:42 pm
Yeah saw this yesterday and wanted to puke. I don’t get the infatuation here. It’s like us holding onto Shaun hill (at least mannion isn’t that old). But regardless, I feel like spielman is banking too much on “Kirk doesn’t get hurt”. Neither did teddy and then that happened. Just because Kirk has been healthy his whole career doesn’t mean he couldn’t blow his knee out or something at any stage (knock on wood this doesn’t happen).
Wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings use him as a third-stringer and draft a QB this year in one of the later rounds... or they could always sign PJ Walker. :confused:
0 x