Diggs Traded

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Diggs Traded

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

http://m.startribune.com/vikings-stefo ... 568885742/

This clearly went much deeper than what media and disgruntled fans thought (cousins).

It matches up with what chad greenway said and it was because Diggs wasn’t the guy.

If you read the article above, diggs missed offseason workouts right after Thielen became the teams highest paid WR (ironic?). He then complained and skipped practices after the Chicago game because he only got 19 targets in 4 games. Whereas the year prior, even though we were a worse team, he was gobbling up targets from cousins because all we did was pass. He was content with that, winning a SB was an afterthought for him clearly.

Week 1 this year we throw the ball 10 times, which clearly ticked him off and the following week he chucks his helmet like an idiot against GB.

Bottom line is, these frustrations started well before the season even hit. And it was not directly at cousins and how he played. Again, diggs was content in 2018 because he was getting the ball, from the same damn QB. He was clearly ticked that 1.) Thielen was now making more 2.) we switched to a run first team and 3.) he wasn’t getting the targets he wanted, not because of cousins but because of the scheme. He had 50 less targets in 2019 than he did in 2018. Its not like cousins didn’t wanna throw him the ball. Cousins proved him could force feed him any time he wants in 2018.

So for those that want to blame cousins for diggs frustration and say he hated his QB, you couldn’t be more wrong and have zero proof of that ever being the case. But I get it, when does cousins not receive the blame right? The proof of what really went on is above. And what’s funny is he got traded to a very similar run first scheme in buffalo with a worse QB. Your whining bit you in the as# diggs. Sucks to be you. You’ll see the whining sooner than later in buffalo. Great player but good riddance. I don’t want that crap on my favorite team
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:08 pm http://m.startribune.com/vikings-stefo ... 568885742/

This clearly went much deeper than what media and disgruntled fans thought (cousins).

Bottom line is, these frustrations started well before the season even hit. And it was not directly at cousins and how he played. Again, diggs was content in 2018 because he was getting the ball, from the same damn QB. He was clearly ticked that 1.) Thielen was now making more 2.) we switched to a run first team and 3.) he wasn’t getting the targets he wanted, not because of cousins but because of the scheme. He had 50 less targets in 2019 than he did in 2018. Its not like cousins didn’t wanna throw him the ball. Cousins proved him could force feed him any time he wants in 2018.

So for those that want to blame cousins for diggs frustration and say he hated his QB, you couldn’t be more wrong and have zero proof of that ever being the case. But I get it, when does cousins not receive the blame right? The proof of what really went on is above. And what’s funny is he got traded to a very similar run first scheme in buffalo with a worse QB. Your whining bit you in the as# diggs. Sucks to be you. You’ll see the whining sooner than later in buffalo. Great player but good riddance. I don’t want that crap on my favorite team
The article sounds like it's exactly what I suspected, so obviously it must be 100% accurate. :lol: I wish I could read it, but it's behind the paywall. Thanks for the breakdown though!

I have always thought it was more about not being catered to, rather than a personal dislike for the QB. It could be a bit of both still, but I'm less inclined to believe that after your breakdown, and few other things I've read.
Damian
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

StumpHunter wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:20 am
Raptorman wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:06 am If Diggs didn't like Cousins he'll love Allen.

Code: Select all

Rk     Player                        Cmp  Att    Cmp%     Yds   YPA   TD   Rate    Int
1    Josh Allen    First 28 games     440  781    56.3    5163  6.6   30   78.2    21
2    Kirk Cousins  First 28 games     535  820    65.2    6161  7.5   36   88.2    26
Brown did pretty well with Allen last year, and I expect Diggs to do the same.

But yes, our 7th year QB has better numbers than a guy who has played fewer than 2 full seasons. You make a point. :lol:
So here you go. Since Cousins didn't play 28 games over 2 years, his first 28 games. Just for you.

BTW, in 2019 the Bills threw 50 more passes than the Vikings. That's a little more than 3 per game.

Diggs gets to be the man!
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Raptorman wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:04 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:20 am

Brown did pretty well with Allen last year, and I expect Diggs to do the same.

But yes, our 7th year QB has better numbers than a guy who has played fewer than 2 full seasons. You make a point. :lol:
So here you go. Since Cousins didn't play 28 games over 2 years, his first 28 games. Just for you.

BTW, in 2019 the Bills threw 50 more passes than the Vikings. That's a little more than 3 per game.

Stump, I get you wanna put your twist on things and continue to say everything is cousins fault but don’t sit there and act like you know enough about josh Allen to say so. I live in NY and they are on live TV all the time. I’m surrounded by bills mafia fans. Josh Allen is not a good QB. At his best he’s mediocre. He arguably has the worst accuracy of any QB in the nfl. On deep balls last year, he was 15 of 59 which was dead last in the nfl. But you think diggs “hates cousins” but will somehow like josh Allen? The hate you have for cousins is simply starting to completely blind you at this point
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

https://vikings61.com/why-would-viking ... fon-diggs/

Good article regarding Diggs and this points to the exact reason I think he wanted out
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:26 pm
Raptorman wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:04 pm So here you go. Since Cousins didn't play 28 games over 2 years, his first 28 games. Just for you.

Stump, I get you wanna put your twist on things and continue to say everything is cousins fault but don’t sit there and act like you know enough about josh Allen to say so. I live in NY and they are on live TV all the time. I’m surrounded by bills mafia fans. Josh Allen is not a good QB. At his best he’s mediocre. He arguably has the worst accuracy of any QB in the nfl. On deep balls last year, he was 15 of 59 which was dead last in the nfl. But you think diggs “hates cousins” but will somehow like josh Allen? The hate you have for cousins is simply starting to completely blind you at this point
I remember you making almost this exact same argument about Jackson last year. Looks like you just ensured Allen is on his way to be the MVP.
VikingsVictorious
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by VikingsVictorious »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:19 pm https://vikings61.com/why-would-viking ... fon-diggs/

Good article regarding Diggs and this points to the exact reason I think he wanted out
The big thing I took out of that article was the conduct language.

“All persons associated with the NFL are required to avoid conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League.”

What kind of penalties if any are there for violating this. Is this the language that got Peterson his can't play penalty for the remainder of the season.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:35 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:26 pm

I remember you making almost this exact same argument about Jackson last year. Looks like you just ensured Allen is on his way to be the MVP.
Like do you get off on me being wrong about Jackson? Like I don’t get what the big deal is? I’ve said before that I was wrong on Jackson. Granted there was no doubt Jackson was not a great passer coming into the nfl. He ended up drastically improving and becoming an MVP. But this is where your arrogance sets in. Everyone has been wrong about players on this board. Guys have been right about players as well. Hell, GMs (the guys that actually get paid to evaluate talent) have been wrong hundreds of times about players. But say what you want, I know that I study and watch a lot of games and tape on players coming into the nfl each year. And I always say that I’m probably just as big of an NFL fan than I am a Vikings fan. The mocks that I do show a lot of that as well. Not trying to toot my own horn by any means but I definitely have more knowledge about incoming prospects and current nfl players than the average football fan. By no means am I any sort of expert. Far from it. But if you really get off on me being wrong about a player and trying to splatter it all over the board to make it look like I don’t know what I’m talking about, it does nothing but make you look childish. I think I’ve proved enough over 8 years on this board in regards to evaluating player talent not only coming out of college but in the nfl that your opinion means very little to me and others as well in that regard. I know plenty of guys on here that actually appreciate the work I put into the mocks I do on here. It gives the board a fun read and provides good discussion. But in the end, you coming on here trying to belittle people when they are “wrong” clearly isn’t working and it’s making you look more and more childish by the day. Mods if you want to ban me for this then ban me. I’m just sick of the constant crap and I know others are as well. Back to Vikings discussion.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

VikingsVictorious wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:02 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:19 pm https://vikings61.com/why-would-viking ... fon-diggs/

The big thing I took out of that article was the conduct language.

“All persons associated with the NFL are required to avoid conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the National Football League.”

What kind of penalties if any are there for violating this. Is this the language that got Peterson his can't play penalty for the remainder of the season.
Yeah that really stuck out to me too. This must fall under the whole Kaepernick issue as well?
-Chazz Palminteri
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Sorry. All I see is fluf and a Greenway quote. No substance here.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

It's good to finally see some if the articles coming out about it.
But for me it became pretty simple really.
The Vikings drafted a guy that wasn't considered a potential super star or he would have been a high round draft pick and coveted.
We gave him a shot, and the guy did work and take advantage of it.
He did become a great player and part of a great tandem.
Then we signed him to a big life changing contract, and he absolutely loved the Vikings , Minnesota and the fans.
Then that dreaded Mr. Ego paid a visit, took over and suddenly Diggs wasn't a team guy anymore, he became a " Its all about me and I want to be THE MAN"
Well sorry buddy it's a team game.
So after the crying, whining and pouting and tweeting we have a GM and coach with the balls to basically say " Screw you, actually F U, we don't need ur kind in our locker room, so they pulled the trigger, got us a a sweet return to send the big selfish baby packing.
And the best part was , they sent him to Buffalo. I highly doubt that is where he wanted to land.
I used to love the guy. Turned into the type of guy I loathe.
So all the worst of luck to ya in Buffalo. I hope in a few seasons u become afterthought while you are watch Theilen and whoever ends up being our other WR going to Pro Bowls, and God willing, standing on the stage kissing the Lombardi trophy .
If just get sick of seeing these guys get an opportunity from a team, get a big contract an then become TOO BIG for the team.
Go away dickhead, and hope your career goes down the tubes.
If ya agree with me, Bless you. If you don't, bless you too.
Just my feelings and my opinion, my right to voice it.
Hell there are things about my job I don't like, but I am glad that I have a good job and have always been able to support my family.
These big babies make more in a few years than I will make in a lifetime. And I go to work every day, every year , and I dont cry and whine about it on Twitter. I honor my commitment , do my job and appreciate the paycheck. And it ain't NOWHERE near Diggs $$$
So again, GOOD RIDDANCE
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:57 am
StumpHunter wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:35 pm

Like do you get off on me being wrong about Jackson? Like I don’t get what the big deal is? I’ve said before that I was wrong on Jackson. Granted there was no doubt Jackson was not a great passer coming into the nfl. He ended up drastically improving and becoming an MVP.
I just wanted you to remember that not all QBs are finished products by the end of their first or second year. Allen improved dramatically from his first to 2nd season, he could improve even more in his third.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:57 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:57 am

Like do you get off on me being wrong about Jackson? Like I don’t get what the big deal is? I’ve said before that I was wrong on Jackson. Granted there was no doubt Jackson was not a great passer coming into the nfl. He ended up drastically improving and becoming an MVP.
I just wanted you to remember that not all QBs are finished products by the end of their first or second year. Allen improved dramatically from his first to 2nd season, he could improve even more in his third.
Pretty sure that’s not what you were trying to get at. Either way, his on target percentage and deep ball accuracy were both dead last in the nfl last year. He improved his completion percentage from 52% to 58%, way to go. 58% is still down right pathetic and if you can’t improve from 52%, you shouldn’t be an nfl QB. The rest of his numbers are very similar in both years, especially if you take into consideration he only played 12 games in 2018
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:45 am
StumpHunter wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:57 am

Pretty sure that’s not what you were trying to get at. Either way, his on target percentage and deep ball accuracy were both dead last in the nfl last year. He improved his completion percentage from 52% to 58%, way to go. 58% is still down right pathetic and if you can’t improve from 52%, you shouldn’t be an nfl QB. The rest of his numbers are very similar in both years, especially if you take into consideration he only played 12 games in 2018
And maybe he will get better at the deep ball. Having one of the best deep ball receivers in the game certainly will help, it helped Cousins who struggled with the deep ball for most of his career.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:44 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:45 am

And maybe he will get better at the deep ball. Having one of the best deep ball receivers in the game certainly will help, it helped Cousins who struggled with the deep ball for most of his career.
Not sure where you’re coming up with that. He led the nfl in yardage on deep throws in 2017 and was 2nd in TDs on deep throws. And that was with the worst receiving core he’s ever had.

And sure everyone can always get better or worse in the nfl. But I don’t get why you’re trying to defend Allen at all. He was downright pitiful when it came to deep ball accuracy, overall accuracy, etc. Like dead last bad. So until he proves otherwise he’s terrible in that regard and it sure doesn’t help diggs. Cousins on the other hand, was one of the best in that regard for 3 years running. Maybe more but I can’t find deep ball stats for 2015 and 2016
-Chazz Palminteri