Diggs Traded

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingsVictorious
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Diggs Traded

Post by VikingsVictorious » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:08 pm

fiestavike wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:55 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:40 pm

We will see how he fares with Allen this coming season. I'm confident that whether he gets 600 yards or 1600 yards his efficiency will go down.
Yes, it'll be interesting to see how he does on the bills, but its really and truly beside the point.
I'm mildly vindictive towards Diggs. I do derive some pleasure that he was traded to a run first team with a so far horrible QB who might get better. I just don't appreciate people who sign contracts for many millions of dollars and then want to weasel their way out of those contracts.
1 x

StumpHunter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by StumpHunter » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:39 am

VikingsVictorious wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:08 pm
fiestavike wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:55 pm

Yes, it'll be interesting to see how he does on the bills, but its really and truly beside the point.
I'm mildly vindictive towards Diggs. I do derive some pleasure that he was traded to a run first team with a so far horrible QB who might get better. I just don't appreciate people who sign contracts for many millions of dollars and then want to weasel their way out of those contracts.
You have to remember that teams break those contracts all the time and the players have very little power.

The Viking essentially "weaseled" out of Joseph's and Rhodes' contracts because they weren't living up to their contracts.

I do like that teams can do that since I have seen what fully guaranteed contracts have done to the NBA, but I also understand a player being upset that they are outperforming their deal and can't get a raise.
0 x

Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:33 am

StumpHunter wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:39 am
VikingsVictorious wrote:

You have to remember that teams break those contracts all the time and the players have very little power.

The Viking essentially "weaseled" out of Joseph's and Rhodes' contracts because they weren't living up to their contracts.

I do like that teams can do that since I have seen what fully guaranteed contracts have done to the NBA, but I also understand a player being upset that they are outperforming their deal and can't get a raise.
Also, regarding Diggs, has anyone heard that any of it had to do with money? I have not.

NFL players are well paid compared to us normal people, so it's hard to feel sorry for any of them, but you are correct that they are at a major disadvantage compared to the owners. If I was good enough to play in NFL, I would want to get the best deal I could too. It's a very small window of opportunity for most players.
0 x
Damian

VikingsVictorious
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by VikingsVictorious » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:26 am

StumpHunter wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:39 am
VikingsVictorious wrote:

The Vikings didn't weasel out. They paid the signing bonus and after that it was a year by year basis that they had the right according to the contract to terminate. No weaseling. The players protection is the guaranteed money. If they want to get all the money they just need to play well.
0 x

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:35 am

For whatever reason(s) Diggs wanted out, and they got as good a haul as they could possibly have hoped for in return. What comes next?
0 x

VikingsVictorious
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by VikingsVictorious » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 am

fiestavike wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:35 am
For whatever reason(s) Diggs wanted out, and they got as good a haul as they could possibly have hoped for in return. What comes next?
LMAO what comes next is Tajae Sharpe. :hitfan:
0 x

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:23 am

VikingsVictorious wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 am
fiestavike wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:35 am
I mean, he's a young guy who will be at least WR 4 and hopefully competing to be WR2 or 3. I don't think he's meant to "replace" Diggs.

Anyhow, what I meant by 'what comes next' is, let's talk about how to make the best of the reality currently facing this team.
1 x

VikingsVictorious
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by VikingsVictorious » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:28 am

fiestavike wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:23 am
VikingsVictorious wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 am

I mean, he's a young guy who will be at least WR 4 and hopefully competing to be WR2 or 3. I don't think he's meant to "replace" Diggs.

Anyhow, what I meant by 'what comes next' is, let's talk about how to make the best of the reality currently facing this team.
Yeah I knew what you meant, but I couldn't resist. What's next is getting 1 great and 1 good WR from this years draft. With the abundance of picks we have we should be able to do that. :rock:
0 x

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:52 am

VikingsVictorious wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:28 am
fiestavike wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:23 am

Yeah I knew what you meant, but I couldn't resist. What's next is getting 1 great and 1 good WR from this years draft. With the abundance of picks we have we should be able to do that. :rock:
Do you have any favorites in this draft, other than the 3 who are locks to go before 22?
1 x

VikingsVictorious
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by VikingsVictorious » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:11 pm

fiestavike wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:52 am
VikingsVictorious wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:28 am

Do you have any favorites in this draft, other than the 3 who are locks to go before 22?
I've barely started looking into it and I assume you mean Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs will be gone. Right now I wouldn't hate Justin Jefferson in the first or 2nd and Chase Claypool in the 2nd or 3rd. I'd actually be thrilled if it was 2nd and 3rd on those 2. Wouldn't mind Tyler Johnson either.
0 x