2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
RandyMoss84
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 955
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 315

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by RandyMoss84 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:03 pm

S197 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:34 pm
Cam Smith had heart surgery and is out for the season. Sounds like he is very lucky they caught it when they did.
I hope he will be okay!
0 x

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 12278
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii
x 432

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by S197 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:07 pm

Sorry, will undergo surgery. Hasn’t had it yet. Wishing him the best.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41097022-4
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 955
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 315

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by RandyMoss84 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:37 pm

S197 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:07 pm
Sorry, will undergo surgery. Hasn’t had it yet. Wishing him the best.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41097022-4
My prayers goes out to him
0 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 399

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by VikingsVictorious » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:24 am

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:37 pm
S197 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:07 pm
Sorry, will undergo surgery. Hasn’t had it yet. Wishing him the best.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41097022-4
My prayers goes out to him
Mine too. Also I request we all pray regularly for an end to this COVID-19 crisis.
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 955
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 315

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by RandyMoss84 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:35 am

VikingsVictorious wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:24 am
RandyMoss84 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:37 pm


My prayers goes out to him
Mine too. Also I request we all pray regularly for an end to this COVID-19 crisis.
Amen!
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 955
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 315

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by RandyMoss84 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:17 pm

Everson signed with Cowboys, yuck but I am glad he did not sign with Packers
0 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 399

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by VikingsVictorious » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:51 am

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:17 pm
Everson signed with Cowboys, yuck but I am glad he did not sign with Packers
Yep it sucks. Just one year deal. $6 Million.
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 955
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 315

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by RandyMoss84 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:21 am

VikingsVictorious wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:51 am
RandyMoss84 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:17 pm
Everson signed with Cowboys, yuck but I am glad he did not sign with Packers
Yep it sucks. Just one year deal. $6 Million.
I knew Everson was not going to return to Vikings, he will be missed, now it is time for Ifeadi to step up
0 x

User avatar
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3180
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:07 pm
x 93

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by VikingPaul73 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:28 am

When Pierce opted out, I thought there was a chance we would bring him back. Oh well, at least it wasn't the Packers.

DL will be interesting this year, with only Hunter a proven star. Stephen has been average at best, and the rest are young an unproven. Hopefully the young guys can step up!
0 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 399

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by VikingsVictorious » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:09 am

VikingPaul73 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:28 am
When Pierce opted out, I thought there was a chance we would bring him back. Oh well, at least it wasn't the Packers.

DL will be interesting this year, with only Hunter a proven star. Stephen has been average at best, and the rest are young an unproven. Hopefully the young guys can step up!
Stephen has statistically been the least productive DL in the NFL of all those getting a decent amount of snaps. He supposedly does a good job tying up linemen and preventing them from blocking on the second level. I personally think he's terrible.
0 x