2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 354

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by VikingsVictorious » Mon May 04, 2020 3:36 pm

Since nobody has done it yet let me be the first today.
MAY THE 4th be with you. :rock:
1 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 354

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by VikingsVictorious » Tue May 05, 2020 11:30 am

Beware the Revenge of the 5th.
1 x

User avatar
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2874
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Location: Seattle, Wa
x 132

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by PacificNorseWest » Fri May 08, 2020 6:11 pm

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
2h
Source: The #Saints have cut guard Larry Warford, who will be one of the top FAs available.
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 278

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by RandyMoss84 » Fri May 08, 2020 7:01 pm

PacificNorseWest wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:11 pm
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
2h
Source: The #Saints have cut guard Larry Warford, who will be one of the top FAs available.
Vikings have no cap space to afford him
0 x

User avatar
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2874
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Location: Seattle, Wa
x 132

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by PacificNorseWest » Fri May 08, 2020 7:37 pm

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:01 pm
PacificNorseWest wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 6:11 pm
Vikings have no cap space to afford him
They were in on Trent Williams who would have been more expensive, so I don't see why Warford is off the table.
0 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 354

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by VikingsVictorious » Fri May 08, 2020 7:41 pm

PacificNorseWest wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:37 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 7:01 pm


Vikings have no cap space to afford him
They were in on Trent Williams who would have been more expensive, so I don't see why Warford is off the table.
Because Reiff would have been part of the trade and Williams was a LT. My understanding is that Warford made the pro bowl, but he actually isn't very good.
0 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 354

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by VikingsVictorious » Sat May 09, 2020 12:22 pm

Good Morning Football personality talks about his favorite player in the NFL Kirk Cousins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY0AL_TJMJE
0 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 354

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by VikingsVictorious » Sat May 09, 2020 12:23 pm

Eric Wilson signs Vikings RFA tender
Posted by Josh Alper on May 8, 2020, 5:09 PM EDT


Getty Images
The deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets with other teams passed last month, so we knew linebacker Eric Wilson wouldn’t be leaving the Vikings as a free agent.

He still had to sign his tender in order to officially be back with the team, however. Wilson took care of that on Friday.

The Vikings announced Wilson signed the tender. He was tendered at the second-round level, so he’ll make a salary of $3.259 million.

Wilson signed as an undrafted free agent in 2017 and has played in every game for the Vikings over the last three years. He started six times last season and ended the year with 62 tackles and three sacks.
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 278

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by RandyMoss84 » Sat May 09, 2020 12:31 pm

VikingsVictorious wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:23 pm
Eric Wilson signs Vikings RFA tender
Posted by Josh Alper on May 8, 2020, 5:09 PM EDT


Getty Images
The deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets with other teams passed last month, so we knew linebacker Eric Wilson wouldn’t be leaving the Vikings as a free agent.

He still had to sign his tender in order to officially be back with the team, however. Wilson took care of that on Friday.

The Vikings announced Wilson signed the tender. He was tendered at the second-round level, so he’ll make a salary of $3.259 million.

Wilson signed as an undrafted free agent in 2017 and has played in every game for the Vikings over the last three years. He started six times last season and ended the year with 62 tackles and three sacks.
He is not really great but he is better than nothing
0 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 354

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by VikingsVictorious » Sat May 09, 2020 12:46 pm

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:31 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:23 pm
Eric Wilson signs Vikings RFA tender
Posted by Josh Alper on May 8, 2020, 5:09 PM EDT


Getty Images
The deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets with other teams passed last month, so we knew linebacker Eric Wilson wouldn’t be leaving the Vikings as a free agent.

He still had to sign his tender in order to officially be back with the team, however. Wilson took care of that on Friday.

The Vikings announced Wilson signed the tender. He was tendered at the second-round level, so he’ll make a salary of $3.259 million.

Wilson signed as an undrafted free agent in 2017 and has played in every game for the Vikings over the last three years. He started six times last season and ended the year with 62 tackles and three sacks.
He is not really great but he is better than nothing
If he were great we would be signing him for over $10 million a year. He is solid and $3.259 million is fair.
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 278

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by RandyMoss84 » Sat May 09, 2020 1:04 pm

VikingsVictorious wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:46 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:31 pm


He is not really great but he is better than nothing
If he were great we would be signing him for over $10 million a year. He is solid and $3.259 million is fair.
He is mediocre, I guess you rather have a mediocre linebacker over a great linebacker :confused:
0 x

User avatar
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee
Posts: 4518
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
x 272

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by fiestavike » Sat May 09, 2020 1:41 pm

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:04 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 12:46 pm

If he were great we would be signing him for over $10 million a year. He is solid and $3.259 million is fair.
He is mediocre, I guess you rather have a mediocre linebacker over a great linebacker :confused:
What on earth are you talking about?
0 x

User avatar
RandyMoss84
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 746
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 pm
x 278

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by RandyMoss84 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:18 pm

fiestavike wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:41 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:04 pm


He is mediocre, I guess you rather have a mediocre linebacker over a great linebacker :confused:
What on earth are you talking about?
I am saying that VikingsVictorious would rather see Vikings sign a mediocre linebacker for cheap than sign a great linebacker for over 10 million :confused:
1 x

User avatar
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2874
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 am
Location: Seattle, Wa
x 132

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by PacificNorseWest » Sat May 09, 2020 4:31 pm

VV seemed in agreement.
0 x

User avatar
VikingsVictorious
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 pm
x 354

Re: 2020 Offseason News Thread (Signings, Coaching changes, etc.)

Post by VikingsVictorious » Sun May 10, 2020 12:48 am

RandyMoss84 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 2:18 pm
fiestavike wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 1:41 pm


What on earth are you talking about?
I am saying that VikingsVictorious would rather see Vikings sign a mediocre linebacker for cheap than sign a great linebacker for over 10 million :confused:
I'm saying exactly what I said. No more or no less. Wilson is decent. Is decent and mediocre the same thing? Teams can't sign only great players for over $10 million a year. Not enough salary cap to do that. I hope that helps you. Do you want us to have Wilson and Harris or lose Harris and get a better linebacker than Wilson. I would personally side with Harris and Wilson unless that linebacker is the best in the NFL right now and I'm not even sure I would want to do it then. Every move a team makes is with the salary cap in mind. Why would you even want to argue this RandyMoss84????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
0 x