Browns plan to hire Stefanski

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Browns plan to hire Stefanski

Post by fiestavike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:37 pm
RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:17 pm

I was thinking the same, I am really hoping Vikings would hire Shurmur back, he was a damn good offensive coordinator with Vikings
The problem with that is, you now implement the 3rd different offense in 3 years. That’s not an offense cousins played in. I’d rather promote Clint Kubiak and keep some consistency
I think that's what'll happen.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Thanks for thinking about the browns during your biggest game of your career. Welcome back Shurmer.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

I am looking forward to see who will new offensive coordinator will be
Last edited by RandyMoss84 on Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:37 pm
Mothman wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:18 pm :lol: They must have watched yesterday's performance by the Vikings offense and thought "Now THAT looks like Cleveland Browns football!".
While funny, Browns do have talent on offense, it will be interesting to see how Stefanski will do with Browns, from what I have been reading, Brown fans are not happy with Stefanski
I wish him well. It seems like a premature step to me but Stefanski has practically been groomed to become a head coach so maybe he'll do well. The Browns do have some talent he can work with but what they don't seem to have is patience so for his sake, I hope he gets off to a fast start.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:17 pm

I was thinking the same, I am really hoping Vikings would hire Shurmur back, he was a damn good offensive coordinator with Vikings
The problem with that is, you now implement the 3rd different offense in 3 years. That’s not an offense cousins played in. I’d rather promote Clint Kubiak and keep some consistency
I do not know if Clint is ready to be offensive coordinator but he could prove me wrong, we will see what happens
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I don't see this as a good thing. Kevin would have given us stability and he did good work here. His ability to work with Kubiak was impressive, especially in the NFL where so many egos proliferate.

Speaking of egos, his transition from working with Cousins to Baker Mayfield is a drastic one. Baker is the opposite of Kirk in so many ways. Kevin will have to manage OBJ too. Even so, if he hires a good DC, I could imagine him doing well.

I hope he doesn't hire any of our talented staff away. If I'm not mistaken, many came with Kubiak, so they're unlikely to leave.
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

Are we all convinced that Kubiak Sr. wouldn't be interested in the OC job? My take on the season, as far as the Stefanski/Kubiak Sr. relationship, I always felt Kubiak had the larger roll as far as setting up our Offense. I would love to see 'Senior' take the job. Hell, I wouldn't be disappointed if he took the Head coaching job.
Don't pick a fight with an old Viking. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

This move doesn't faze me. Good luck to Stefanski, but I don't think this is a huge loss. The offense was great at periods this year. However, during the big-time games? The offense was confusing to downright awful. Case in point: Green Bay MNF, San Fransisco yesterday.

Now the question becomes: Gary or Clint? Or maybe a small outside chance of Pat Shurmur coming back? Personally, I think Clint will become the OC, with Gary being the 'shadow' offensive coordinator.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Fran the Man wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:20 pm Are we all convinced that Kubiak Sr. wouldn't be interested in the OC job? My take on the season, as far as the Stefanski/Kubiak Sr. relationship, I always felt Kubiak had the larger roll as far as setting up our Offense. I would love to see 'Senior' take the job. Hell, I wouldn't be disappointed if he took the Head coaching job.
Kubiak has said he does not want to be head coach again due to his health issues so that is not happening
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Mothman wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:18 pm :lol: They must have watched yesterday's performance by the Vikings offense and thought "Now THAT looks like Cleveland Browns football!".
While funny, Browns do have talent on offense, it will be interesting to see how Stefanski will do with Browns, from what I have been reading, Brown fans are not happy with Stefanski
Browns fans are always happy with the new coach they get every 2 years.
RandyMoss84
All Pro Elite Player

Post by RandyMoss84 »

Cliff wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:45 pm

Browns fans are always happy with the new coach they get every 2 years.
That is true except for Stefanski, they think he is another Kitchens
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:40 pm
Fran the Man wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:20 pm Are we all convinced that Kubiak Sr. wouldn't be interested in the OC job? My take on the season, as far as the Stefanski/Kubiak Sr. relationship, I always felt Kubiak had the larger roll as far as setting up our Offense. I would love to see 'Senior' take the job. Hell, I wouldn't be disappointed if he took the Head coaching job.
Kubiak has said he does not want to be head coach again due to his health issues so that is not happening
I don't understand the Kubiak love.

The offense got back to 2017 levels after spending the entire draft to "fix it", struggled more than the defense in the playoffs, and was ultimately not even close to being good enough.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

:lol:

It really is a factory of sadness there. Our two fan bases should start a joint support group.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

S197 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:39 pm
:lol:

It really is a factory of sadness there. Our two fan bases should start a joint support group.
I don't think they even come close to matching our levels of sadness. You actually have to have some success to experience real disappointment. All they know is badness, and are used to it by now.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

RandyMoss84 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:49 pm

I do not know if Clint is ready to be offensive coordinator but he could prove me wrong, we will see what happens
I mean if his father is still involved with the team, I wouldn’t see why he wouldn’t be ready
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri