Vikings/Saints Post-Game

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Vikings/Saints Post-Game

Post by halfgiz »

They can complain all they want....game is in the books :govikes:
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:44 pm
40for60 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:35 pm Harrison and Dungy looked and sounded disgusted like it was as bad as the Rams-Saints game last year. Can't believe it. Harrison is usually anti-Vikings and Cousins (the throw to Thielen was all him and no credit to Kirk) but Dungy is usually pro-Vikings. Why is there always something where the Vikings can't get credit for an awesome game? They slowed the replay way down - see how the defensive back's head goes back? Well, he was looking up at the ball morons... C :govikes: :govikes: ould it have been called? Maybe but that would have been very weak. Recalled? No.
They probably sound disgusted because they all look like idiots for saying the saints will win by 100. I’ve been following the game all week like most of us have. I have not seen one single person predict the Vikings to win (other than on here)

I said all week I had a weird feeling about this game and that we play so much better when we’re viewed as underdogs. I called 27-24 Vikings but 26-20 sounds way better.

Maybe this will finally put the Kirk cousins and big game narrative to an end. Because that was by FAR the biggest game of his career and he couldn’t have played better on that final OT drive
I called it 28-10 Vikings but I'll take the win either way. And yeah, this should shut the 'Kirk-can't-win-the-big-ones' crowd up. I am so stoked about the momentum we seem to have on our way thru the playoffs. I believe we are the healthiest team still in the game. Look out SF, Good Kirk is on his way to the west coast.
Don't pick a fight with an old Viking. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

fiestavike wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:21 pm Great game! Cousins showed up and was composed throughout. The defense played really well. The running game was strong...though I wish they would have been stronger down the stretch. Good to see the vikings willing to take some chances offensively in overtime. Stefanski...enough with the stupid double reverse plays and the toss sweep wasnt working. Why keep losing yards and letting the pressure off the defense with that nonsense?
Save that ssshite for the 4th quarter dagger when you are up two scores.
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

I am SO hoping we get the Packers in the NFCC game. Would that be fantastic, or what? Because nobody loses to the same team 4 times in a season, right??
Don't pick a fight with an old Viking. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:32 pm
Texas Vike wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:24 pm Tony Dungy just expressed his opinion that Rudy's TD should have been flagged, so I guess that's the narrative we have to hear going forward.

Honestly, I thought for sure it would get called on replay, given our history.
It is funny because the Saints fans aren't even complaining about it.

I am shocked the NFL had the good sense to not review that play. Should have been called on the field, but since it wasn't, taking away that TD would have been the worst thing the NFL could have done.
They did review it. There was a statement from the NY officials, who said there was contact by both players and nothing that rose to the level of PI. It was a very fast review, which they credited to FOX for providing lots of angles (and which tells you how easy a call it was). They just didn’t announce it on the field.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
40for60
Starter

Post by 40for60 »

Tark wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:49 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:32 pm

It is funny because the Saints fans aren't even complaining about it.

I am shocked the NFL had the good sense to not review that play. Should have been called on the field, but since it wasn't, taking away that TD would have been the worst thing the NFL could have done.
Agreed. Maybe it’s payback for bountygate.
Karma is a b!tch. Ever since bountygate they have had bad things happen to them in playoff games. It's the Farve Curse!
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:44 pm
40for60 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:35 pm Harrison and Dungy looked and sounded disgusted like it was as bad as the Rams-Saints game last year. Can't believe it. Harrison is usually anti-Vikings and Cousins (the throw to Thielen was all him and no credit to Kirk) but Dungy is usually pro-Vikings. Why is there always something where the Vikings can't get credit for an awesome game? They slowed the replay way down - see how the defensive back's head goes back? Well, he was looking up at the ball morons... C :govikes: :govikes: ould it have been called? Maybe but that would have been very weak. Recalled? No.
They probably sound disgusted because they all look like idiots for saying the saints will win by 100. I’ve been following the game all week like most of us have. I have not seen one single person predict the Vikings to win (other than on here)

I said all week I had a weird feeling about this game and that we play so much better when we’re viewed as underdogs. I called 27-24 Vikings but 26-20 sounds way better.

Maybe this will finally put the Kirk cousins and big game narrative to an end. Because that was by FAR the biggest game of his career and he couldn’t have played better on that final OT drive
Sadly not. One stellar performance out of twenty chances won’t do it for most. String together three more big wins this season might.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

Purple Domination wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:48 pm

Speaking of Diggs melt down. I wasn’t a fan of Rhodes melt down and apparent blame game with Harry and others.
I am pretty tired of both of their whining. The OC shouldn't change the calls because Diggsy isn't getting his spotlight. And Rhodes "oh look I got an owey" or pointing fingers at his team mates when things don't happen his way gets real thin. Just play your game, and when things go well (which they probably will in time) we will all say "Dang, glad he is in purple".
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

I know I have ragged on Zim but I tip my hat to him with that D he created. He out coached that team big time. This D played dam good. I couldn't believe my eyes. This was no joke O they faced and they buried their rear. Putting pressure on Brees was key. They all crumple when the heat is on. Hunter is a beast. I'm also happy for Griff. He played lights out. The heat is was did it or should I say they controlled the LOS big time. Even our OL played great. This Cook is the key. Man he looked like the quickess guy on the field. I feel good for Cousins. Heavy road dog and he gets the win. That's hard to do. Late drive for the winner. Plus he gave the team credit. The great winner Brees takes another dump at home. Can't handle pressure. Good job for the team.
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

You can bet the 49er's have practiced all week for either Seahawks or the Saints and now, all of a sudden, they're playing the Vikings. I'd bet they're scrambling, as I write, getting the film out and changes practice for tomorrow. Essentially, if I'm right, they have one week to prepare, just like us.
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

If Seattle beats GB next weekend and we beat the niners, where would the Seattle/Viking game be played?
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Fran the Man wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:00 pm If Seattle beats GB next weekend and we beat the niners, where would the Seattle/Viking game be played?
I'm assuming Seattle because the Vikings were the last seed.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
StanM
Veteran

Post by StanM »

4mnvikings82 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:23 pm Media is already saying it should have been offencive interference. Just can't give us any props for a good win
I'm confident that they'd have made the field goal so their protesting the TD is a moot point. There was some contact but the fact that they didn't review and flag Rudy tells me that my observations aren't too far off for being just a fan.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

At first I was pissed at all the butthurt in the media about the so-called OPI that wasn’t called.

But y’know what? Let ‘em cry. I’m going to enjoy listening to it. Just like I enjoyed listening to all the Bayou Ballbabies last year when they actually DID get jobbed. It’s fun to watch Ain’ts fans whine.

Saint-slobbering media Fanboys think it was OPI? Call a Wahmbulance, ya bunch of crybaby Louisiana Losers. You’re never gonna win another title as long as your fat headed coach is on the payroll. Need to get used to the idea that you’ll still be paying for 2009 when your grandchildren’s grandchildren are born.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

We're the only team that has to play the next game on a short week.