Playoffs...Isn't this why we paid Kirk Cousins all that money!!!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purplepain2018
Backup

Playoffs...Isn't this why we paid Kirk Cousins all that money!!!

Post by Purplepain2018 »

I will just go ahead and say it if nobody else will. When you give a quarterback $84million over 3 years guaranteed shouldn't we as fans expect that there should be some playoff wins included in the deal? I mean we as fans have had 16 games to evaluate just what kind of quarterback Kirk Cousins is. Always remember, there was a reason that the Washington Redskins let him go. There are some things over these last two years that we have learned about Kirk Cousins:

1. He has to have a clean pocket to be successful
2. When faced with pressure he usually folds
3. He does really well against bad teams
4. He has NEVER won on Monday night
5. He puts up really big numbers, until it counts
6. He is not very mobile
7. He throws a really nice deep ball
8. Has never won a playoff game

Cousins, this Sunday, will have one more chance to silence all of his critics. He has all the tools around him that he needs. Great running backs, top duo wide receiver, productive TE's, and an adequate OL. This is his moment to shine or to shrink. It is hard to say if it is a mental hurdle that Cousins cannot get over or what it is, but on Sunday, in the Superdome, the world will be watching. It is, once again, all up to him!!! For this game, it is time to leave bad Kirk in Minnesota and only bring good Kirk!!!!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Playoffs...Isn't this why we paid Kirk Cousins all that money!!!

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Can I make a suggestion?

Stop making new threads about topics that already exist.

You’ve started seven threads in six days. That’s more threads than I’ve started in the past year, and I’ve been part of this board since 2006. Two of your topics bash Cousins. Another bashes the kicker. All the others are various reasons why you think the Vikings can’t win, even though there’s already a Vikings-Saints pregame thread.

I’m not trying to be a jerk. Just making a friendly suggestion. You’ll get more traction on this board by commenting on threads that exist than you will by constantly starting new threads.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Cousins won 10 out of 15 starts. Had a rating of 107.4 26 td 6 int. That's a good year 28 mill
M Ryan won 6 out of 16 start. Had a rating of 92.1 26 td 14 int. That's a good year. Loser though 30 mill
R Wilson won 11 out of 16 starts. Had a rating of 106.3 31 td 5 int. That's the best of the 3. 35 mill

Bottom line QBs cost money. We could have kept Keenum and signed a LT if one was available. Wait we already did that. Then we could have signed someone else. Who I don't know. I'm not sure who we cut because of the contract. I think we kept our stars especially Hunter. Not sure what we would have if we cut him. There's no QB available.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:03 pm Can I make a suggestion?

You’ve started seven threads in six days. That’s more threads than I’ve started in the past year, and I’ve been part of this board since 2006. Two of your topics bash Cousins. Another bashes the kicker. All the others are various reasons why you think the Vikings can’t win, even though there’s already a Vikings-Saints pregame thread.

I’m not trying to be a jerk. Just making a friendly suggestion. You’ll get more traction on this board by commenting on threads that exist than you will by constantly starting new threads.
I'm the jerk. I already responded. I like talking Vikings.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I second this.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

CharVike wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:08 pm

I'm the jerk. I already responded. I like talking Vikings.
You're not a jerk.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

YES. And he delivered. Carry on.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi