And we’re in!!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

And we’re in!!

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

With that Rams loss, we are officially in the playoffs! Good time to get cook and mattison rested up. Still have something to play for though. Good thing is, we can no longer be eliminated
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Re: And we’re in!!

Post by Fran the Man »

Yeah Baby! We're in. A chip and a chair, that's all we need. On another note, does anyone think that Steve Smith Sr. will be back next year on anyone's NFL program. The guy is just horrible.
Don't pick a fight with an old Viking. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
kidfozzy.
Starter

Post by kidfozzy. »

Fran the Man wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:31 pm Yeah Baby! We're in. A chip and a chair, that's all we need. On another note, does anyone think that Steve Smith Sr. will be back next year on anyone's NFL program. The guy is just horrible.
Well, he’s better than Emmitt Smith and Jason Witten lol.

I’m drinking some egg nog liquor tonight! SKOL!
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Happy we are in but looking at the matchup essentially barring huge upsets they're staying at 6 it would seem. If we beat the packers we probably play them in the wild card and if we lose we play the saints probably right?
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

Well we are in, but I still want to win out going into the playoffs.I would guess our most likely seeding is the 6 seed, unless we win out and Seattle beats SF next week, we can get the 5 seed. 3 seed is still in play if we win out and GB loses both remaining games, don't want to limp into playoffs with key players missing, but also need to build momentum in these last two games.
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:23 pm With that Rams loss, we are officially in the playoffs! Good time to get cook and mattison rested up. Still have something to play for though. Good thing is, we can no longer be eliminated
Would be cool to have a home game and a 1st round bye, but it's good to be in
For those with wings, fly to your dreams
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Very good job Zim and his staff did. I don't think the seed really matters. I'd rather not go to Lambo but if we do we do. We have to hit the road no matter what. We should try and get the team as healthy as possible. Sit both Cook and Matti for the remainder. Give Hunter some rest also. He's the stud of our D. Plus it gives the backups some time and allows them to get into live action. Just my thoughts. I can't argue with anything they do at this point. Some will feel that's limping in but teams do rest guys once there in. If we were fighting for the title then yea. But that Lion squad won't beat the Pack so that's out the window at this point. That Lion team will lay down. Draft spot is the priority at this point.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Never say never, guys.

Look, we lost Thielen for the better part of 6 weeks. Now we've got Cook and Mattison banged up. Those are integral parts of our offense. Who's to say Green Bay won't lose Rodgers or Adams for a game, then go to Detroit and lose? This is the NFL.

You NEVER throw in the towel. I guarantee you, Zimmer is not thinking of these next two games as "nothing to play for." The 3 seed is still in play as long as we beat Green Bay. Take care of that, and then let's talk.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

The two seed is still a possibility. Requirements:

- Vikings beat Packers
- Vikings beat Bears
- Lions beat Packers
- Panthers beat Saints

Considering all four games in question are division games, I think all four could go either direction. The Vikings play great at home, so I could see them winning both games. The Packers have to play the Lions in Detroit and the Lions should have won when they played in GB. The Saints have to play in Carolina and only won by 3 with they played in NO. Division games late in the year where one team is already eliminated often set up huge disappointments for the “better team”. The eliminated team just wants to stick it to the divisional foe. As such, I think there’s a decent chance the Vikings not only win the NFC North, but also get the 2 seed.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:50 am Never say never, guys.

Look, we lost Thielen for the better part of 6 weeks. Now we've got Cook and Mattison banged up. Those are integral parts of our offense. Who's to say Green Bay won't lose Rodgers or Adams for a game, then go to Detroit and lose? This is the NFL.

You NEVER throw in the towel. I guarantee you, Zimmer is not thinking of these next two games as "nothing to play for." The 3 seed is still in play as long as we beat Green Bay. Take care of that, and then let's talk.
My thoughts exactly ! :thumbsup:
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Anything can happen.

I might still bet on GB with Rodgers and Adams out against that Detroit team. Boy are they bad.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:55 pm

Anything can happen.

I might still bet on GB with Rodgers and Adams out against that Detroit team. Boy are they bad.
Anything is right.

Arizona just beat Seattle.

If we win out, we suddenly become 49ers fans. It’s a not-too-unlikely scenario that even if Green Bay beats Detroit, we could still move up to No. 5. That would give us a Wild Card game at Philly (most likely). Man, the NFC is wild.

Plenty to play for, guys.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Vikings control their own destiny for the 5th seed. Win twice and it’s a done deal. Doesn’t matter about Seattle or SF as Vikings would have a better record than Sea or the tie breaker over SF.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

S197 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:23 pm Vikings control their own destiny for the 5th seed. Win twice and it’s a done deal. Doesn’t matter about Seattle or SF as Vikings would have a better record than Sea or the tie breaker over SF.
Then the question becomes... would we rather play @ GB or @ PHI? Even though the records are way different, I may rather play @ GB especially if Philly gets healthy.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

TSonn wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:34 am
S197 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:23 pm Vikings control their own destiny for the 5th seed. Win twice and it’s a done deal. Doesn’t matter about Seattle or SF as Vikings would have a better record than Sea or the tie breaker over SF.
Then the question becomes... would we rather play @ GB or @ PHI? Even though the records are way different, I may rather play @ GB especially if Philly gets healthy.
It is funny how people heard the announcers talk about Philly's championship pedigree at the end of the game yesterday, and now are afraid of them.

They are an NFL team and odd things can happen in the playoffs, but if we play Philly in the first round we win that game 9 times out of 10. They will be the by far the worst team in the playoffs this year, assuming they make it, and we want to play the worst team.