Pro Bowl Talk

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Pro Bowl Talk

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Well, the Pro Bowl players were announced. Cook, Hunter and Harry made it.

Eric Kendricks did not.

This is the very definition of a snub.

Thoughts?

(Please don't say the Pro Bowl doesn't matter.)
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Pro Bowl Talk

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Kendricks and Cousins deserved to go. Happy for the guys who did get voted in though. I'm going to have to vote next year.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:32 pm Kendricks and Cousins deserved to go. Happy for the guys who did get voted in though. I'm going to have to vote next year.
Totally agree. On NFL.com Cousins is listed as the #1 Snub. How the hell Kendricks wasn't named to the Pro Bowl is beyond me. Absolutely ridiculous.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:05 am
Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:32 pm Kendricks and Cousins deserved to go. Happy for the guys who did get voted in though. I'm going to have to vote next year.
Totally agree. On NFL.com Cousins is listed as the #1 Snub. How the hell Kendricks wasn't named to the Pro Bowl is beyond me. Absolutely ridiculous.
Two different ESPN writers listed Erin Rodgers as the biggest surprise. He ranks 17th in Total QBR. SEVENTEENTH! They talked a lot about undeserving “reputational” picks like Rodgers, Tyreek Hill and Jalen Ramsey.

Cousins and Kendricks sure obvious snubs, but Anthony Harris is an under-the-radar snub. He’s had an outstanding season.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:38 am
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:05 am

Two different ESPN writers listed Erin Rodgers as the biggest surprise. He ranks 17th in Total QBR. SEVENTEENTH! They talked a lot about undeserving “reputational” picks like Rodgers, Tyreek Hill and Jalen Ramsey.

Cousins and Kendricks sure obvious snubs, but Anthony Harris is an under-the-radar snub. He’s had an outstanding season.
Yes Harris was also on the list. I was pissed when I saw Rodgers on there. Not suprising though. He def isn't deserving this year.
Kendricks is the one that upsets me the most. Just like when Harry wasn't last season, or was it the year before.
I can't remember if it was on NFL Live yest on ESPN or on NFL Network NFL Now or Up to the minute, and who said it, but they talked about Kendricks and showed some of his highlights, and said he is one of the top 3 underrated players in the whole NFL.
I'm off work recovering from hand and elbow surgery so I've been watching NFL coverage all the time, so I'm forgetting who said what and on what show. Lol. Actually watching PFT right now, and of course as i am typing Florio, King and Simms are singing the praises of Erin and King just described Erin and Lefleur as butting heads early but are now making Beautiful Music in GB.
Ok I'm back , I had to go puke.
Anyhow it is an absolute joke that Kendricks isn't in the Pro Bowl.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Kendricks deserves it over Wagner.

Diggs deserves it over Evans and Jones. His QB has thrown the ball a 100+ fewer times than Atlanta's and TB's, and every defense is keyed on stopping him in the passing game with Theilen out. Despite that, he has the 3rd most big plays this season, and is 4th in YPR. Based on the numbers and the passing game they play in, it should have been MT, Godwin, Galloday and Diggs. In that order.

Based on the numbers, you could make the argument Cousins deserves the nod over Rodgers. Jimmy G probably does too. I think that we would all take Rodgers over both of those guys on our team though. Based on his play this year, not just his reputation, if you were really being honest with yourself.

Interesting that only 3 of the 8 (possibly only 2 of 8) WRs are on playoff teams. All of the QBs are playoff QBs, with the possible exception of Watson.

On defense you have a bunch of high priced outside linebackers who are going to be sitting at home in the playoffs, and possibly only one interior lineman who will be making the playoffs.
CanUDiggsIt?
Rookie

Post by CanUDiggsIt? »

Yes, Kendricks is having a great season, but I don't see him at the Khalil Mack, Luke Kuechly, Bobby Wagner level just yet.
Cousins DEFINITELY should have made it over crappy Rodgers. What a crock of ####.
I know Kyle Juszczyk is a great FB, but he was hurt most of the season. Ham would have been a nice nod to our run game.
It is nice to see Hunter get the recognition he deserves. He is an absolute stud and we have him on a very friendly contract.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

They end up using so many alternates in the end though. I wouldnt be surprised to see Kendricks and Cousins to sneak in then. But yes, they definitely got snubbed for sure.

This voting just annoys the crap out of me every year. So many guys go that are no longer relevant, had a down year, are just a popular name, etc. I almost wish fans werent allowed to vote. Because there are so many fans out there that literally dont know who half of these players even are. They know their name because they hear it on sportscenter. Luckily Hunter made it in (as he should) but how many football fans out there know who Danielle Hunter is?

Another guy that was very much snubbed was Brian O'Neill. The guys has NOT allowed a single sack in TWO YEARS!!! I dont care what anyone says, that is a pro bowler. But fricken Laremy Tunsil made it? The tackles that made it were Tyron Smith (agreed), Terron Armstead (agreed), Trent Brown (agreed), Ronnie Stanley (agreed), David Bakhtiari (agreed I guess but I think he gets away with so many holds) and Laremy Tunsil (which is a joke of a selection if you ask me). The only players out of that group that didnt allow a sack this year were Armstead and Stanley (which doesnt surprise me given Jackson is his QB).

How does a guy that plays an entire season (TWO no less) and doesnt allow a single sack not make the pro bowl? I will tell you why, because he's not a household name. He will be just like Danielle Hunter and not get recognized until his 4th year in the league :roll:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

CanUDiggsIt? wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:38 am Yes, Kendricks is having a great season, but I don't see him at the Khalil Mack, Luke Kuechly, Bobby Wagner level just yet.
Cousins DEFINITELY should have made it over crappy Rodgers. What a crock of ####.
I know Kyle Juszczyk is a great FB, but he was hurt most of the season. Ham would have been a nice nod to our run game.
It is nice to see Hunter get the recognition he deserves. He is an absolute stud and we have him on a very friendly contract.
Ham is maybe my favorite vikings player currently. I'd like to see him get a bit of run as a HB at some point this year. His combo of size, speed and agility could make a great 4th qtr bowling ball of a HB.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins