Vikings @ SEA - Pregame Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings @ SEA - Pregame Thread

Post by StumpHunter »

Dames wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:40 pm
CharVike wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:00 pm
The Packers winning does impact us. We are behind them. I want the division title. If we lose tonight it won't be good for us. It's not must win but it's dam close for the title.
I get where you're coming from. If we lose tonight, we still have 82% to make the playoffs but the chances of winning the division are down to about 25%. We would need help from the Bears or Lions at least. So, it's very important for seeding that's for sure. If we win, we are in great position to win the division. Even getting one home game would be important. Most important to me is getting to the playoffs of course. If we win tonight, then I'll start figuring out how we get to the 1 or 2 seed :) That would be nice.
The 2 seed is a real possibility if the Vikings win tonight while the 6th seed is pretty much the best we can do if we lose. Even if we can't take over the division lead and end up as the 5th seed with help from a win over Seattle, that is still huge. Facing Dallas or Philly in the wild card round versus GB, SF or Seattle? That is a big difference in competition right there.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

A lot of "pretenders" have lost the last two weeks. The Vikings can show they're true contenders by winning in a tough stadium in primetime.

At minimum they need to come out strong and keep it close. They've had two weeks to prepare for this game, coming out flat again would be unacceptable.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

To me, this game is a must win if they want a chance at a SB appearance.
Getting the 2 seed or possibly 1 seed would still be possible with a win tonight. Lose and the best is a 6 seed.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

I agree we need to come out of our bye week strong and put pressure on Wilson. Is it just me , or does it seem like most of our big time games in prime time are road games?, any way good teams are able to win on the road, let's do this!
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

This team is way too soft. I'm done.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:27 pm
VikingPaul73 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:13 pm I just don't see this one being close. I hope I am wrong but i think Wilson will absolutely destroy our secondary, which is actually pretty bad this year (not sure how this is possible with 4 1st rounders). And I think Zimmer is nervous on the road so will demand a very conservative offensive game plan.

Sorry to be pessimistic but I see this as 31-10 Seahawks.
Don't apologize for being pessimistic. Apologize when you're wrong.
Wish I could apologize.....but oh well. I guess the Vikes scored more than I thought they would ....as did Seattle

Zimmer is done.

8-4. 1 game ahead of the rams and 2 ahead of the bears. And Vikes still have to play they bears. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they don’t even make the 6 seed this year
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:46 pm
PacificNorseWest wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:27 pm

Don't apologize for being pessimistic. Apologize when you're wrong.
Wish I could apologize.....but oh well. I guess the Vikes scored more than I thought they would ....as did Seattle

Zimmer is done.

8-4. 1 game ahead of the rams and 2 ahead of the bears. And Vikes still have to play they bears. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they don’t even make the 6 seed this year
Who cares about the 6 seed. That will be another slaughter. The 6th seed is for a young developing team that is on the rise. We are the complete opposite. Maybe we should promote Stephanski to HC. At least it's something to look forward to. We know what we currently have. Horrible showing. These west coast trips are never easy. Wait till we go to SD. That will also be a loss. We'll beat another joke next. Who cares.That only hurts the draft slot. Good call by you though. I thought they would at least give some effort. Make a game of it. .