Denver Broncos Pregame Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Denver Broncos Pregame Thread

Post by VikingLord »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:08 pm
VikingLord wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:02 pm

IIRC, there was a lot of head scratching going on with the Epps pick as most pre-draft analysts had him rated as not likely to be drafted. I figured Spielman had some insider info on him and took him based on that, and while he did make the roster, if he were really a better option, I doubt they would have made a move for Sendejo.

My guess is Epps will remain available and could easily be brought back if Spielman and Zimmer think that is their best move.
Eagles signed him immediately after we cut him.
:rofl:

That's too funny. We get Sendejo after he's cut by the Eagles and the Eagles get Epps after he's cut by the Vikings so they can sign Sendejo...

Other than being a healthy safety, was there something about Epps that you liked?

You have to remember - the coaches who worked with both Sendejo and Epps apparently would rather have Sendejo.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I assume Kearse will start or is he in jail?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

S197 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:38 pm I assume Kearse will start or is he in jail?
:lol:

Yes, according to Vikings.com, Kearse will start at safety.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:09 pm
S197 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:38 pm I assume Kearse will start or is he in jail?

I'm looking forward to seeing that. I think the guy is 6-4. Don't see too many S that tall. Will be hard to throw over him. Be nice if it turns out to be good. I just hope we get this win and stay healthy. Then we get a week off before a true test.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

VikingLord wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:58 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:08 pm
Eagles signed him immediately after we cut him.
:rofl:

That's too funny. We get Sendejo after he's cut by the Eagles and the Eagles get Epps after he's cut by the Vikings so they can sign Sendejo...

Other than being a healthy safety, was there something about Epps that you liked?

You have to remember - the coaches who worked with both Sendejo and Epps apparently would rather have Sendejo.
Mostly just would like a single healthy safety as a backup.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

CharVike wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:16 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:09 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing that. I think the guy is 6-4. Don't see too many S that tall. Will be hard to throw over him. Be nice if it turns out to be good. I just hope we get this win and stay healthy. Then we get a week off before a true test.
I am excited to see Kearse play too.

The guy has the size for sure.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

VikingLord wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:58 pm
OTOH - the coaches who worked with both Sendejo and Epps apparently would rather have Epps.

Same shoe on different feet?
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

8-3 sounds almost too good to be true. I think Denver's D will cause problems for the Vikings offense. A little worried about Brandon Allen. He's decisive, not afraid to run, lively arm, looks really good. I see both teams almost being equal but I have to believe the experience of Cousins will be the difference in this game. I think Cook will be held under 100yds but Diggs goes off. Vikings win with another game ending defensive stance, 20-16.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

How do we think Doctson is going to do today, if he's playing?
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:37 am How do we think Doctson is going to do today, if he's playing?
Some have mentioned him but I haven't seen a response. I forgot he was even on the team.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:37 am How do we think Doctson is going to do today, if he's playing?
He'll either make a huge play--long bomb/ TD, or he won't even see the field. I'm guess it's the latter, as he's coming off of an injury and I think he's pretty far down the depth chart.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:15 am 8-3 sounds almost too good to be true. I think Denver's D will cause problems for the Vikings offense. A little worried about Brandon Allen. He's decisive, not afraid to run, lively arm, looks really good. I see both teams almost being equal but I have to believe the experience of Cousins will be the difference in this game. I think Cook will be held under 100yds but Diggs goes off. Vikings win with another game ending defensive stance, 20-16.
The bottom line is our team has played good this year overall. Unfortunately we let some get away that will cost us in the end. Everything is pointing to wildcard even if we make the playoffs. That's a tough gig no matter how it's sliced. We need the Pack to lose a few games and we can't lose any. What's the chance of that? We lose one and it's wildcard city for us. We don't even have the ty breakers so I think.
UK Phil
Franchise Player

Post by UK Phil »

The was the worst first quarter at home I've seen in years, including the Bills game last year. No way they come back from that abomination on offense and defense.

How #### is Rhodes?!
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Same old story. D getting ripped. Don't they realize ah forget it.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

UK Phil wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:45 pm The was the worst first quarter at home I've seen in years, including the Bills game last year. No way they come back from that abomination on offense and defense.

How #### is Rhodes?!
No silver lining here.