Post Game Thread - Lions Edition

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Post Game Thread - Lions Edition

Post by Texas Vike »

YikesVikes wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:32 pm Matt is Matt. Hes the best QB in the league when against the clock.
He's not even the best in our division against the clock. I hate Rodgers, but he's the best by a country mile.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

CharVike wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:13 pm Maybe our OL has improved. Maybe it was the defenses we played against. IMO the teams we have played helped them look better than they really are. We'll see when we face a tough D front. That will come at some point.
PA’s take is that the installation of the new blocking scheme, Bradbury, and the new position for Elflien took some time to work out and is firming up now. I think there is some truth to that.

No sacks today and only one punt. Nice!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Watching the NO CHI game. Feels like a Vikings game. Bridgewater TD, Patterson TD, hand of to Murray...

Big win today. Big diff between 4-3 and 5-2, esp with GB winning.

Offense looked good. Cousins played well, making good decisions for the most part. I'd like to see him process quicker but he had so much time today, it didn't matter. Cook was the MVP today. He made so many plays where it looked like there was none. Rudolph with a bunch of key plays too

Defense. A lot of miscommunication which is surprising with this veteran team. Didn't like the push DET was getting on runs. Rhodes is becoming a liability. Vikings may need to scheme to protect him more. Kendricks with a big game.

I think this game was one of those anomalies where both offenses could move the ball at will. Win is a win. Short week to prepare. Hope they don't overlook WAS.
Last edited by 808vikingsfan on Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:15 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:34 pm

Nah. He only had 2 but not back to back. False start on 3rd and 23 and then the blow to the head.
The guy gets so many penalties at the worst times. The blow to the head came on third down, after we had stopped them.
He does, but he's having a great year. Glad to see him back.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Texas Vike wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:18 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:32 pm Matt is Matt. Hes the best QB in the league when against the clock.
He's not even the best in our division against the clock. I hate Rodgers, but he's the best by a country mile.
He's not better than Matt. I have to give him credit, the final 2 mins, no one is better to get in position.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:25 pm Watching the NO CHI game. Feels like a Vikings game. Bridgewater TD, Patterson TD, hand of to Murray...

Offense looked good. Cousins played well, making good decisions for the most part. I'd like to see him process quicker but he had so much time today, it didn't matter. Cook was the MVP today. He made so many plays where it looked like there was none. Rudolph with a bunch of key plays too

Defense. A lot of miscommunication which is surprising with this veteran team. Didn't like the push DET was getting on runs. Rhodes is becoming a liability. Vikings may need to scheme to protect him more. Kendricks with a big game.

I think this game was one of those anomalies where both offenses could move the ball at will. Win is a win. Short week to prepare. Hope they don't overlook WAS.
Rhodes was the same last year. I don't see that changing. But that's up to our coaches. Maybe he's playing great for the scheme and the play call.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Stafford has almost a thousand more yards and 10 more TDs in the last 6 minutes of the game than Rodgers has.

I take Rodgers 10 out of 10 times over Pat Statford when needing a play in the 4th, but he is absolutely right when you include garbage time.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

StumpHunter wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:45 pm

Stafford has almost a thousand more yards and 10 more TDs in the last 6 minutes of the game than Rodgers has.

I take Rodgers 10 out of 10 times over Pat Statford when needing a play in the 4th, but he is absolutely right when you include garbage time.
Pat statford.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

CharVike wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:02 pm
S197 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:38 pm This was a really important win, to go down 3 games in the division would be tough to overcome. Now they have the remainder of the NFC North games at home, which is huge. Seriously though, who schedules 3 road games in conference? C'mon NFL.

Anyway, loved the aggressiveness on offense. Everyone stepped up with AT out. Defense needs to clean up some things, especially penalties but it was nice to have the offense bail them out for once.
I thought the same thing at first look but not going to Chi and GB at the end is a good thing for us. Weather can get bad there.
I mentioned this when the schedule came out, our only potential cold weather game is KC. Everything else is in a dome or in CA. That bodes well for a team that struggles outside. Still a weird way to schedule but if the Vikings can fare well through KC, the schedule starts to tip in their favor.
The negotiator
Backup

Post by The negotiator »

808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:25 pm Watching the NO CHI game. Feels like a Vikings game. Bridgewater TD, Patterson TD, hand of to Murray...

Why process quicker when your line gives you the time. Allows Cousins to go through his progressions. Washington is a trap game for sure. Keenum coming home, the redskins will be jacked. By all accounts we should beat them, but this is one you don’t want to look past. SF was favored by a bunch today and it was
9-0 for SF. Weather was terrible but both teams had to play in the conditions. You can’t look past anyone
cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by cstelter »

Saw Zach Line with a carry too!
Craig S
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

cstelter wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:15 pm
Saw Zach Line with a carry too!
And a blocked punt.

Teddy kinda picking the Bears apart now. He should have two TDs on the day if not for a dropped 30 yard TD pass.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Purple Domination wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:22 pm
CharVike wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:13 pm Maybe our OL has improved. Maybe it was the defenses we played against. IMO the teams we have played helped them look better than they really are. We'll see when we face a tough D front. That will come at some point.
PA’s take is that the installation of the new blocking scheme, Bradbury, and the new position for Elflien took some time to work out and is firming up now. I think there is some truth to that.

No sacks today and only one punt. Nice!
I believe that. If they keep playing like this our team will be hard to stop. Cousins is very good when he has all day to throw. Maybe it will gel for us. I've been waiting for a SB since the last one. I was a young man at that point.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

The negotiator wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:10 pm

Why process quicker when your line gives you the time. Allows Cousins to go through his progressions. Washington is a trap game for sure. Keenum coming home, the redskins will be jacked. By all accounts we should beat them, but this is one you don’t want to look past. SF was favored by a bunch today and it was
9-0 for SF. Weather was terrible but both teams had to play in the conditions. You can’t look past anyone
I would say he should process quicker because he makes better throws when he does. It seemed like when he made quick decisions to throw it was almost always for a big play, when he held it it was typically a check down.
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

I think there were some that posted that last week was Cousins best performance as a Viking. I thought this week was his best performance. He gave himself more time to throw by his movement in the pocket. He threw well on the run. He had a very very good game. I will repeat what I said after last weeks game...this is not a championship defense. They will have to make a lot of improvements.