Giants Pre-Game thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Tark
Starter

Re: Giants Pre-Game thread

Post by Tark »

Purple Domination wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:46 am
Tark wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:27 pmAnd before anyone gives me crap about being a first time poster, I've been following this Board for years and have been a Vikings fan since the early 70's. How about you?
We need more first time posters, welcome.
Thank you
Tark
Starter

Predict the score

Post by Tark »

Giants 21, Vikings 13, sorry, I've checked out.... :spanking: We'll be lucky to go 2-4 over the next six games. :( If this is covered in another thread please disregard, I'm new here....
Alaskan
Starter

Post by Alaskan »

StumpHunter wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:31 pm
Alaskan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:15 pm They should win this game. Like others have pointed out already, it kind of worries me Shurmur knows this defensive scheme very well. He’s getting quite a bit out his offense given the personal he has available to him. I still feel the vikes D is too much for a rookie QB even with Shurmurs guidance. The offense should rebound this week even if they cans get the passing game going they will be able to run the ball. Unless they don’t show up they should win this game. If they don’t.......I see $$$$ hitting the fan
They will run the ball well and pass well.

I predict Cousins throws for 400 and 3 TDs and Cook has another 100 yard game. 45-20 will be the final score.
It wouldn’t surprise me.......if wouldn’t t surprise me if they lost either.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Tark wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:33 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:57 pm
Take it easy friend. Nobody said anything.
Thank you.
Welcome aboard man. Almost 55 and been a Vikes fan since I knew what football was. Thanks to my dad. So you are among friends here bud.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Tark
Starter

Post by Tark »

I'm with you, man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

This is a tough game to predict. Two road games in a row are tough. The team appears to be splitting based on comments. The Giants have a young QB who is playing very well and after watching a press conference he appears to have his head straight. Shurmur needs to keep this going and it appears he has a young QB that has a great set of tools. As many have said Cousins appears to be broken. If true can you fix it quickly. The Bears beat our crappy OL to death. They couldn't open a hole if their life depended on it. So now the ground game appears to be broken. I think the Giants win this one not because they are a good team but I think our team is broken. We will come out flat, fall behind and play catch up all day. The beating the Bears laid on us will take time to get over and they may have knocked the will out of our team.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I have a bad feeling about this game and fear the aftermath if they lose.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

It could be worse.

Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Well did Good Morning Football not hit this on the head or what? They spoke my exact thoughts regarding this offense, Diggs, Thielen, Cousins, etc.

https://www.vikings.com/video/gmfb-look ... gs-offense

Here they mention the fact of us running it too much, just needing to balance the offense, that Diggs and Thielen are taking shots more at the OC and the game plan than they are cousins and the fact that cousins is too good to not be throwing the ball or playing the way he is.

Again, it’s deeper than blaming Kirk cousins. I’m starting to think it’s stefanski/Kubiak and even partially Zim because I imagine he’s holding this pass game back
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

808vikingsfan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:25 pm It could be worse.

You right...That was by far the worst played NFL game I've ever seen in my life. Truly pitiful.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

The running game should be strong to and that should help the WR get open.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I expect a win here. The Giants are an average or below average defense/team, I think. As such, I expect Kirk to light them up.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Tark wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:27 pm
mansquatch wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:16 pm At this point in this season the only thing that matters is how Cousins plays. This is a terrible defensive unit. Cousins need to show up and prove it. Everything else is window dressing.

Even if Cousins puts up 400 yards passing and 4 TDs it won't matter. Giants are a bad defensive team. Until he beats a team with a winning record, he will have a cloud over his head.
And before anyone gives me crap about being a first time poster, I've been following this Board for years and have been a Vikings fan since the early 70's. How about you?
I've been a fan during the same time frame. I used to live and die but as I have aged I don't get that way anymore. When we had Doleman ect we had a very competitive team. And we made a wonderful run. We had the same problem as we do now. Our QB isn't good enough. (Kramer, Wilson, Cousins) not much difference. Journeyman bums. But IMO Cousins is better. And we always stick with this ####. However that D would blow circles around this current bunch. At least when they did get to the championship game they stood their ground even though our O couldn't do anything until late in the game. That D created TOs. Rutland ran an interception back for a TD against the 49ers in the playoffs. That's why I preach TOs. Browner was always looking for the TO and got them. We don't have one defensive secondary guy that is close to his skill level or Carl Lee level. Plus I feel our current O lacks that true difference maker. An Anthony Carter or a Randy Moss. Teams shook in there shoes over those two. Our current guys are good no doubt. But neither are close to those two. No they both are blowing there mouths. Play some ball. Especially that fumbling Diggs. Plus this OL we have is beyond bad. It's not even functional against a stud team. They get overwhelmed. Can't block at all. Some feel our talent level is at the top of the heap besides QB. Look objectively. Who is the biggest difference maker on both sides. I'm talking top or close of the heap. If for example Mack is the best D guy there isn't one guy in our front 7 that is close to him. He changes things. Does anyone think Giff changes things? Hello. Or Hendricks? Or whoever? No. Talent level is part of the problem but we have coaching issues also. Cook trying to block? He can't do it. So don't ask him to do it.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I think the defense dominates and creates a few turnovers. I also see the offense producing on the ground and through the air. A nice bounce back win. 31-13 Vikings
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:00 pm I think the defense dominates and creates a few turnovers. I also see the offense producing on the ground and through the air. A nice bounce back win. 31-13 Vikings
I don't doubt you. You're almost making me believe. Oh wait I just thought about the Bear game. We don't have a chance.