Is this Zimmer's last year with the Vikings as head coach?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Is this Zimmer's last year with the Vikings as head coach?

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Mothman wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:39 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:47 pmOk and again, why are we discussing it after 2 games? One of which we dominated Atlanta. We’re discussing it because of the GB game. We all know what has happened in the past in zimmers tenure. It’s nothing new to anyone. It’s being discussed because of the GB game hence why the thread was started after that game. Yeah it seemed they were unprepared early. Especially the defense. But you can look across the league and even the best teams in the nfl have games where they flop. The patriots got blown out 3 times last year by average to below average teams. Not just beat, blown out. Jags, lions and titans. Granted they won a SB but that’s my point. You could look at the patriots early last year and say no way they win a SB. And they did. This thread was starting because of the GB game. Sugar coat it however you want. But questioning Zimmer /‘d if he’ll be fired this year after one bad game in week 2, is as premature as it gets. Period
If you think it's premature and unworthy of discussion, you can simply ignore the subject.
I know I can. But I’m not gonna sit here and read garbage either. If I think it’s unrealistic (like I know others do), I’m gonna say it’s unrealistic. Not sure why that’s such a crime. If I sit here and say, “let’s trade for Philip rivers”, guys are gonna hop all over that and agree? I guarantee you that at least a few guys would say, “no dude that unrealistic”. And on top of it, the guys we are “asking for” (sloter, teddy and Keenum) are fricken terrible. Which makes it that much more unrealistic, because they’re simply not good.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:24 pmI know I can.
Then do it.
But I’m not gonna sit here and read garbage either. If I think it’s unrealistic (like I know others do), I’m gonna say it’s unrealistic. Not sure why that’s such a crime.
It's not a "crime". Please stop being melodramatic, take a step back and relax. If you have an opinion about whether Zimmer should be retained after this season or not, that's fine. If you think it's premature or unrealistic to discuss the subject, you can simply say so and then stand by that view by NOT discussing the subject. However, you don't get to shut down the discussion just because you don't like it and you shouldn't hijack the thread by repeatedly telling everybody they shouldn't be talking about this. You are not the arbiter of what qualifies as appropriate discussion on this board.

If it's not obvious to you that your belligerence is annoying other board members, just take a look at the responses it receives.
Purple Martin
Starter

Post by Purple Martin »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:15 pm
Purple Martin wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:19 pm

Do you do anything but complain about other members? :deadhorse:
I’m “complaining about other members” because I called trading for sloter or Keenum unrealistic? Sorry but it is. Not complaining. I’m expressing that it’s unrealistic. Nor a good idea for the team to do
You complain incessantly about members and degrade them for holding the opinions that they hold. There's a distinct difference between that and arguing against their opinions. You are apparently unable to make that distinction.
Mothman wrote:... a good completion percentage in a performance like that is like putting lipstick on a pig.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Purple Martin wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:18 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:15 pm I’m “complaining about other members” because I called trading for sloter or Keenum unrealistic? Sorry but it is. Not complaining. I’m expressing that it’s unrealistic. Nor a good idea for the team to do
You complain incessantly about members and degrade them for holding the opinions that they hold. There's a distinct difference between that and arguing against their opinions. You are apparently unable to make that distinction.
... and that distinction lies at the heart of the board rule: "Disagree and respond to the post, do not attack the poster."

Let's move on now. This thread has been completely derailed and we should get back to it's subject (or at least to football).