Sloter

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Sloter

Post by VikingPaul73 »

If Sloter had started today, Vikings would have won

there, I said it.
Purplepain2018
Backup

Re: Sloter

Post by Purplepain2018 »

I was in the Kyle Sloter camp and I posted something that the Vikings should have kept him and I got slaughtered on this board for saying it. Look, Cousins cannot win a big game. If he cannot win a big game, then we cannot win in the playoffs or the Super Bowl if he is the QB. Sloter was young, good arm and could move. I mean if the fans can see it, but the coaches cannot that tells me that it was a personality clash. Cousins is who we got for two more years. Vikings fans do not have much to look forward too.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Who could the Vikings realistically trade for now to perhaps be a QB for the future, and to replace Cousins before his contract is up?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Purplepain2018 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:31 pm I was in the Kyle Sloter camp and I posted something that the Vikings should have kept him and I got slaughtered on this board for saying it. Look, Cousins cannot win a big game. If he cannot win a big game, then we cannot win in the playoffs or the Super Bowl if he is the QB. Sloter was young, good arm and could move. I mean if the fans can see it, but the coaches cannot that tells me that it was a personality clash. Cousins is who we got for two more years. Vikings fans do not have much to look forward too.
Exactly - chokers can’t win big games and cousins is a classic choker
He seems like a nice guy and I really feel bad for the guy when he chokes - but he is what he is

Probably great in practice which is why zimmer loves him so much

Sloter would have won this game
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

fiestavike wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:37 pm Who could the Vikings realistically trade for now to perhaps be a QB for the future, and to replace Cousins before his contract is up?
Just cut him and eat the salary
Bring back sloter for this year and then draft a qb next year

I really wish it wasn’t true but cousins is an absolute joke
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Here we go. Again with Sloter.

Cousins was terrible today. Calling his play a dumpster fire would be an insult to dumpster fires.

But Kyle Sloter is not a member of the Minnesota Vikings. Please stop.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

Sloter can't even make an NFL team. He is not an NFL QB. We have problems across the board. 21-0 had nothing to do with Cousins. Yes a fumble. Stop the rush. But I seen Rodgers on drive 1 stand there all day. All day, Zero pass rush. You can't beat a team like that. Nothing was going right for us. Some dump off pass and the guy marches into the end zone. Stuff him. Sloter is a joke and won't be a quality starter.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

lol why is this a thread? You’re saying a guy that never played a meaningful NFL snap would somehow come back on the road against the packers and win the game yesterday? This is just laughable.

The Vikings lose and here come the overreactions :roll: Fire Zim, cut cousins, sloter this sloter that, hell.... blow up the stadium, fold the franchise, quit life.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

fiestavike wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:37 pm Who could the Vikings realistically trade for now to perhaps be a QB for the future, and to replace Cousins before his contract is up?
The NFL needs QBs. There's nobody to trade for that has the ability to be a starter. The young guys teams are developing won't be traded. Drew Lock should have been drafted but we passed. I said that during the draft. The cupboard is empty. Cousins was overpaid but there were other teams after him. Why was that? Because teams need QBs. Plus we didn't have a starting QB that was worth anything including this bum Case Keenum who also was overpaid by Denver who wanted Cousins. Found this article below.

There is a quarterback crisis in the NFL.

How do I know? Just look at what the Houston Texas did on Wednesday. They reportedly spent $72 million over four years — with $37 million of that guaranteed — on Brock Osweiler, the now-former Broncos quarterback with seven starts in a four-year career.

I’m no general manager, but that seems like an awful lot of money to pour into a small sample size, one that the Broncos seemed just fine with letting go.

But that’s the state of the NFL today.

See how bad it is. No QB is available. Some on here like Sloter. Come on. He's a body nothing more. I don't have the answer except maybe tanking a season and get the 1st pick. Maybe we should try and trade for Luck if he will play again. Use Cousins as part of the trade. Luck would cost a few no 1 and no 2 picks. That's the only guy I see. But dose he want to play and if so can he still play.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

CharVike wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:11 am
The NFL needs QBs. There's nobody to trade for that has the ability to be a starter. The young guys teams are developing won't be traded. Drew Lock should have been drafted but we passed. I said that during the draft. The cupboard is empty. Cousins was overpaid but there were other teams after him. Why was that? Because teams need QBs. Plus we didn't have a starting QB that was worth anything including this bum Case Keenum who also was overpaid by Denver who wanted Cousins. Found this article below.

How do I know? Just look at what the Houston Texas did on Wednesday. They reportedly spent $72 million over four years — with $37 million of that guaranteed — on Brock Osweiler, the now-former Broncos quarterback with seven starts in a four-year career.

I’m no general manager, but that seems like an awful lot of money to pour into a small sample size, one that the Broncos seemed just fine with letting go.

See how bad it is. No QB is available. Some on here like Sloter. Come on. He's a body nothing more. I don't have the answer except maybe tanking a season and get the 1st pick. Maybe we should try and trade for Luck if he will play again. Use Cousins as part of the trade. Luck would cost a few no 1 and no 2 picks. That's the only guy I see. But dose he want to play and if so can he still play.
There is no QB crisis. is super bowl winning QB just signed a $20 contract to play for Jacksonville because nobody wanted him.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

The fact of the matter is in this draft we need to draft a first round QB. coming out of college this year will be tons of talented QB's and we need to find a way to get one of them. This will allow Kirk to play out the last year of his contract and we can decide based on his play if he gets re-signed or if we move onto our QB in year 2.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

YikesVikes wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:17 pm
CharVike wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:11 am

There is no QB crisis. is super bowl winning QB just signed a $20 contract to play for Jacksonville because nobody wanted him.
Whatever you think. Like the AFC east is loaded with HOF QBs. They have one guy and the rest suck. That's just the start.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

YikesVikes wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:18 pm The fact of the matter is in this draft we need to draft a first round QB. coming out of college this year will be tons of talented QB's and we need to find a way to get one of them. This will allow Kirk to play out the last year of his contract and we can decide based on his play if he gets re-signed or if we move onto our QB in year 2.
I’m not opposed to this. At least come year 3 for cousins we aren’t forced to keep him because we have no options. I would like to take a first round QB and resign cousins. The rookie can take over when ready and not forced into action. Because I will say I do like this QB class
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

CharVike wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:03 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:17 pm

Whatever you think. Like the AFC east is loaded with HOF QBs. They have one guy and the rest suck. That's just the start.
All of the Qbs in the AFC West is better than ours. All of the Qbs in the NFC West is better than ours. All of the Qbs in the NFC South is better than ours. There isn't a QB shortage. We are just awful at finding said QBs. We need to draft guys and groom them.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

sLOLter