Training Camp question

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Training Camp question

Post by VikingPaul73 »

And you know those same aholes will now just be paying some kid $5 to go and get the autograph for them :rofl:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

VikingPaul73 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:31 pm And you know those same aholes will now just be paying some kid $5 to go and get the autograph for them :rofl:
Exactly.
What does the team care if someone sells an autographed football for a profit?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:36 pm
VikingPaul73 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:31 pm And you know those same aholes will now just be paying some kid $5 to go and get the autograph for them :rofl:
Exactly.
What does the team care if someone sells an autographed football for a profit?
The players care, the team cares, the parents of kids who miss out on autographs because a 40 year old without a real job pushes ahead of them care.
CharVike
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by CharVike »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:51 am
CharVike wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:13 am
Never say never. If a person offered 100 million that ball is gone. That's alot of coin to help the family and your own well being. Including health. I know that's unrealistic but you get the point. A 2 year old could get a ball today and sell it 60 years from now. Works both ways. I wouldn't want any autograph. I have no use for it. I want a Super Bowl again. Through out my pro career I have seen older people let go mainly because they were old. Be nice to have an autograph to salvage something. Chasing autographs is more real than making 8 bucks an hour some place. At least it gives you a chance.
You think it is okay to make your living harassing athletes for autographs? That is a more noble profession than working at a fast food joint?
Harassing is a criminal offense. Athletes are protected. We have laws. A noble profession is up to an individuals view. I didn't express my view very well. I wasn't knocking a person making 8 an hour or a fast food worker or a bus driver or doctor or whatever and that was my bad. But I do agree with most let the kids have them. Then they can do with them what they wish. I shouldn't have gotten involved with this one because I don't care about autographs they have zero value to me.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I posted this many weeks ago. Checking back in now to see if anyone had answered my original question. Looks like everyone knows a lot about the autograph policy and tendencies among Vikings fans (something I never asked about and have zero interest in), but no one knows when the Offense vs. Defense scrimmage is? Sigh.

I've already got my tickets anyways. I hope this board rallies come August/September, because right now it's a shadow of its former self and it bums me out.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:58 am I posted this many weeks ago. Checking back in now to see if anyone had answered my original question. Looks like everyone knows a lot about the autograph policy and tendencies among Vikings fans (something I never asked about and have zero interest in), but no one knows when the Offense vs. Defense scrimmage is? Sigh.

I've already got my tickets anyways. I hope this board rallies come August/September, because right now it's a shadow of its former self and it bums me out.
Isn't that on the website? It's possible the schedule isn't finalized yet.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018