Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

StumpHunter
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 210

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by StumpHunter » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:37 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:36 pm
Raptorman wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:09 pm

QB's who had more Int and Fumbles than Cousins last year.

Case Keenum
Jared Goff
Josh Rosen
Ben Roethlisberger
Derek Carr
Andrew Luck
Baker Mayfield
Jameis Winston
Patrick Mahomes
Dak Prescott
Josh Allen
Sam Darnold
Blake Bortles
Cam Newton

The following list is those that were within 5 turnovers of Cousins.

Deshaun Watson
Eli Manning
Mitchell Trubisky
Marcus Mariota
Matt Ryan
Matthew Stafford
Russell Wilson
Carson Wentz
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Lamar Jackson
Tom Brady
Philip Rivers
Ryan Tannehill
Raptor I even posted in depth stats on every QBs fumble rate throughout the league and Cousins sat right in the middle and he still argues it. Saying that he fumbles in different ways than other QBs do and so on. I said him losing more fumbles was simply bad luck because he didnt have any history of losing that many fumbles in one season.

He sits there and says Cousins is horrible at protecting the football when he fumbled 9 times in 16 games but defends Lamar Jackson when he fumbled 10 times and threw a whopping 6 tds in 7 games starting. But “just because he made the playoffs” (where he happened to fumble 3 times) that’s why he was worth it. No less Lamar Jackson went 6-1 as a starter but beat 1 team with a winning record (where he did next to nothing and it was a game that was won on defense). He doesn’t know which direction to go at this point other than trying to find every avenue to say signing Cousins was a mistake. It’s to the point where he is contradicting himself now
I defended Lamar Jackson's rookie stats as not being the definitive word on whether or not he could become a good NFL QB.

If we want to talk contradicting oneself, we have some awesome examples of you arguing with yourself in multiple threads.
0 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7596
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 475

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:04 am

StumpHunter wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:37 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:36 pm


Raptor I even posted in depth stats on every QBs fumble rate throughout the league and Cousins sat right in the middle and he still argues it. Saying that he fumbles in different ways than other QBs do and so on. I said him losing more fumbles was simply bad luck because he didnt have any history of losing that many fumbles in one season.

He sits there and says Cousins is horrible at protecting the football when he fumbled 9 times in 16 games but defends Lamar Jackson when he fumbled 10 times and threw a whopping 6 tds in 7 games starting. But “just because he made the playoffs” (where he happened to fumble 3 times) that’s why he was worth it. No less Lamar Jackson went 6-1 as a starter but beat 1 team with a winning record (where he did next to nothing and it was a game that was won on defense). He doesn’t know which direction to go at this point other than trying to find every avenue to say signing Cousins was a mistake. It’s to the point where he is contradicting himself now
I defended Lamar Jackson's rookie stats as not being the definitive word on whether or not he could become a good NFL QB.

If we want to talk contradicting oneself, we have some awesome examples of you arguing with yourself in multiple threads.
Lol you contradicting yourself has happened over the past few weeks to months. Not much happens in the off-season/spring that causes someone to change their mind on a player. Me disagreeing with something I said over a year and a half ago. I was able to witness an entire season on guys like cousins, Jackson, Keenum, etc. A lot can change within that time and it includes my opinion on players.

For example I don’t mind the Kline signing and think he’s a decent guard to fill in on an OL that had so many holes. The guy could end up being a giant flop. I don’t know. I could be completely wrong about him. I could be sitting here next offseason eating crow or I could be saying, I told you he wasn’t a bad signing.

What you’re doing is allowing for and making up excuses for every QB out there when it comes to fumbles, record, etc such as Keenum, Jackson, Teddy, etc. But when someone tries to defend Kirk cousins in any way you talk yourself in circles so wildly that you end up contradicting yourself. Because he’s put up next to guys like Jackson, Keenum, Teddy, etc and he blows them out of the water or is dead even with them in every category you’re ripping on Cousins for. Fumbles being just one example with Jackson and Case in 2018. Passing ability compared to all 3 of them is another.

Never did you see me say Jackson or any of the others are or will be a better QB than Kirk cousins a year and a half ago but I’m changing my mind now because he’s on the Vikings. I feel like at this point someone could come on here and say Kirk cousins went to Michigan state and you’d somehow find a way to argue that.

Like I said, you make excuses for any single QB out there but none of that can ever apply to Kirk cousins. You don’t take into consideration any cold hard facts that are out in front of you when it comes to cousins. You look for loop holes to somehow try and prove those facts to be false.

I’ve never seen a member in my existence on this board that is so determined to rip a player like you do with cousins. After 1 season of 3 no less. And argue facts, make excuses for other QBs and battle with so many others on here just to say “I’m right”. It’s pathetic if you ask me. And I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels that way
0 x
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri

StumpHunter
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 210

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by StumpHunter » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:39 am

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:04 am
StumpHunter wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:37 pm

I defended Lamar Jackson's rookie stats as not being the definitive word on whether or not he could become a good NFL QB.

If we want to talk contradicting oneself, we have some awesome examples of you arguing with yourself in multiple threads.
Lol you contradicting yourself has happened over the past few weeks to months. Not much happens in the off-season/spring that causes someone to change their mind on a player. Me disagreeing with something I said over a year and a half ago. I was able to witness an entire season on guys like cousins, Jackson, Keenum, etc. A lot can change within that time and it includes my opinion on players.

For example I don’t mind the Kline signing and think he’s a decent guard to fill in on an OL that had so many holes. The guy could end up being a giant flop. I don’t know. I could be completely wrong about him. I could be sitting here next offseason eating crow or I could be saying, I told you he wasn’t a bad signing.

What you’re doing is allowing for and making up excuses for every QB out there when it comes to fumbles, record, etc such as Keenum, Jackson, Teddy, etc. But when someone tries to defend Kirk cousins in any way you talk yourself in circles so wildly that you end up contradicting yourself. Because he’s put up next to guys like Jackson, Keenum, Teddy, etc and he blows them out of the water or is dead even with them in every category you’re ripping on Cousins for. Fumbles being just one example with Jackson and Case in 2018. Passing ability compared to all 3 of them is another.

Never did you see me say Jackson or any of the others are or will be a better QB than Kirk cousins a year and a half ago but I’m changing my mind now because he’s on the Vikings. I feel like at this point someone could come on here and say Kirk cousins went to Michigan state and you’d somehow find a way to argue that.

Like I said, you make excuses for any single QB out there but none of that can ever apply to Kirk cousins. You don’t take into consideration any cold hard facts that are out in front of you when it comes to cousins. You look for loop holes to somehow try and prove those facts to be false.

I’ve never seen a member in my existence on this board that is so determined to rip a player like you do with cousins. After 1 season of 3 no less. And argue facts, make excuses for other QBs and battle with so many others on here just to say “I’m right”. It’s pathetic if you ask me. And I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels that way
1) Your own post that made you think I "had no idea what I look at with a QB" was prefaced with it being an opinion from 2017. Not today, but at the end of the season when you yourself had that opinion. Yet you ripped it anyway. That is why it was so damn funny.

2) How have you watched an entire season of Jackson in the NFL?

3) Can you provide some examples of me contradicting myself? If I have done that, I would like the opportunity to address it, but you just make the claim and move on, without providing evidence.

4) Can you provide a quote where I say something really bad about Cousins? Apparently I have been incredibly hard on the guy, and I would like to see where I have unfairly attacked him.

5) I admit I do go overboard when I know I am right. Did the same thing with Bradford on Rubechat, and with Keenum, when people, including you apparently, felt he had proven he was a viable starter in the NFL. It is hard for me to let things go when I am right and others are so very wrong, but it is an incredibly slow part of the year for football, and what else is there really to talk about?
0 x

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3402
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL
x 66

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by Raptorman » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 am

StumpHunter wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:52 am
Raptorman wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:13 am
Let's do this instead. Turnovers by QB in 2018. Interceptions and fumbles. Not Fumbles given up, just fumbles. 8 QB had more Fumbles than Cousins, he just lost the most. That is mostly just bad luck, nothing else. BTW, how many rookies on the list?

Code: Select all

Case Keenum	26
Jared Goff	24
Josh Rosen	24
Ben Roethl	23
Derek Carr	22
Andrew Luck	21
B. Mayfield	21
J. Winston	21
P. Mahomes	21
Dak Prescott	20
Josh Allen	20
Sam Darnold	20
Blake Bortles	19
Cam Newton	19
Kirk Cousins	19
D. Watson	18
Eli Manning	18
M. Trubisky	18
M. Mariota	17
Matt Ryan	17
M. Stafford	17
R. Wilson 	17
Carson Wentz	16
R. Fitzpatrick	16
L. Jackson	15
Tom Brady	15
Philip Rivers	14
R.Tannehill	14
Andy Dalton	12
C.J. Beathard	12
Nick Mullens	12
Alex Smith	11
Drew Brees	10
Not all fumbles are turnovers or even necessarily had a chance at being recovered by the other team.

You can't just redefine the term turnover because you don't like what it says about your favorite QB.

Cousins turns the ball over a lot. 6th most since he became a starter.
Based on your standards, the following QB's should have been dumped..

Because they turned the ball over like a rookie. Whatever the hell that means.

Favre should have been dumped in year 7 or 8 because he turned the ball over like a rookie, 46 interceptions and 17 fumbles those two years.

Peyton Manning in his 5th year. 19 Interceptions. 6 fumbles. Damn rookie mistakes all over again.

Big Ben, 2008. 15 interceptions, 14 fumbles. My God, I can't believe they didn't' dump him.

Apply the standard that you want to use on Cousins to any QB over the years and see what you come up with.

And to top it off, the player with the second most fumbles in the history of the NFL. Tom Brady. A little perspective on that. Brady, 118 fumbles in 267 games. 2.2 per game. Cousins 46 in 78 games. 1.5 per game. But damn, Cousins, turning the all over like a rookie.
0 x
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

StumpHunter
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 210

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by StumpHunter » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:06 am

Raptorman wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 am
StumpHunter wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:52 am

Not all fumbles are turnovers or even necessarily had a chance at being recovered by the other team.

You can't just redefine the term turnover because you don't like what it says about your favorite QB.

Cousins turns the ball over a lot. 6th most since he became a starter.
Based on your standards, the following QB's should have been dumped..

Because they turned the ball over like a rookie. Whatever the hell that means.

Favre should have been dumped in year 7 or 8 because he turned the ball over like a rookie, 46 interceptions and 17 fumbles those two years.

Peyton Manning in his 5th year. 19 Interceptions. 6 fumbles. Damn rookie mistakes all over again.

Big Ben, 2008. 15 interceptions, 14 fumbles. My God, I can't believe they didn't' dump him.

Apply the standard that you want to use on Cousins to any QB over the years and see what you come up with.
Where did I say Cousins should be "dumped"?

You people are unbelievable. I even brought up Big Ben in my previous post and said that you can still be a good QB and turn the ball over.
And to top it off, the player with the second most fumbles in the history of the NFL. Tom Brady. A little perspective on that. Brady, 118 fumbles in 267 games. 2.2 per game. Cousins 46 in 78 games. 1.5 per game. But damn, Cousins, turning the all over like a rookie.
A fumble and a turnover are not the same thing no matter how much you wish they were. That is like arguing every pass broken up should be considered an interception because the CB got his hand on the ball.
0 x

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3402
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL
x 66

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by Raptorman » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:28 am

StumpHunter wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:06 am
Raptorman wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 am


Based on your standards, the following QB's should have been dumped..

Because they turned the ball over like a rookie. Whatever the hell that means.

Favre should have been dumped in year 7 or 8 because he turned the ball over like a rookie, 46 interceptions and 17 fumbles those two years.

Peyton Manning in his 5th year. 19 Interceptions. 6 fumbles. Damn rookie mistakes all over again.

Big Ben, 2008. 15 interceptions, 14 fumbles. My God, I can't believe they didn't' dump him.

Apply the standard that you want to use on Cousins to any QB over the years and see what you come up with.
Where did I say Cousins should be "dumped"?

You people are unbelievable. I even brought up Big Ben in my previous post and said that you can still be a good QB and turn the ball over.
And to top it off, the player with the second most fumbles in the history of the NFL. Tom Brady. A little perspective on that. Brady, 118 fumbles in 267 games. 2.2 per game. Cousins 46 in 78 games. 1.5 per game. But damn, Cousins, turning the all over like a rookie.
A fumble and a turnover are not the same thing no matter how much you wish they were. That is like arguing every pass broken up should be considered an interception because the CB got his hand on the ball.
So, let me get this straight. You think you are smarter than our Current GM because he shouldn't have traded away draft picks for Bradford. Should have run with Teddy after not having the intelligence to trade future draft picks for Mahomes because everyone knew he would do what he was going to do. Even though 50% of all 1st round QB's are bust. Meantime, when he did pick a QB in the first round, Ponder, your upset with that as well. AS well as giving an $84 million contract to a player that you think sucks. Meanwhile, you claim you have always wanted Mahomes, and claim you have said it from the start. Yet you have nothing to back up that claim since you didn't sign up on this board until Sept. of 2018. Well after he was drafted and was starting. BTW, Mahomes wasn't even the first QB drafted. Who's to say that they wouldn't' have traded up to take Trubisky? Or Watson?

I am curious about this statement.
Cousins MIGHT be the right move. The jury is still out on whether or not he was. History says paying a QB of his caliber that much money in FAs was the wrong move, but he could be the exception.
Exactly what history are you talking about? How many top FA QB have been available the last 20 years? I can think of one. Peyton Manning. Yeah, that didn't turn out well for the Broncos.

I hate to tell you this, but Cousins is our QB for the next 2 years. It's going to be a long 2 years for you.
1 x
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3402
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL
x 66

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by Raptorman » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:28 am

StumpHunter wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:39 pm
VikingsVictorious wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:28 pm

Yeah I thought it would be pretty much impossible to support he sucked badly. However, I don't even agree with sucking or playing average. I think he played quite well considering he had the pass rusher in his face about the second he received the snap on half the plays. IMO the stats do mean something and they showed a QB that played well.
The stats said he had an above average time to throw and rarely got sacked.

The stats said the offense was 22nd in scoring and that the QB turned the ball over like he was a rookie.

With an 8 in 7 record, which stats mattered the most? The passing yards or the ineffective QB play?
Okay, I see it now. The fact that Mahomes had 12 interceptions and 9 fumbles, only lost 2 is more impressive than Cousins 10 interception and 9 fumbles because he lost 7. Ineffective QB play. Because Mahomes, your guy put up 3 TDs per game on average. I have news for you. He won't be able to keep it up. No QB can. Unless KC can come up with a defense to stop other teams from scoring Mahomes will be like Aaron Rodgers. Maybe win 1 Super Bowl because the team depends on the QB to win all the time and to hell with the defense. The offense is great, and you can set records for scoring all you want. But no team that set a NFL record for most points scored in a season has ever won the Super Bowl. You need to be a top 10 offense. But you also need a top 10 defense.

In my book, the Vikings are closer to that than KC.
0 x
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

StumpHunter
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 210

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by StumpHunter » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:35 pm

Raptorman wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:28 am
StumpHunter wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:39 pm

The stats said he had an above average time to throw and rarely got sacked.

The stats said the offense was 22nd in scoring and that the QB turned the ball over like he was a rookie.

With an 8 in 7 record, which stats mattered the most? The passing yards or the ineffective QB play?
Okay, I see it now. The fact that Mahomes had 12 interceptions and 9 fumbles, only lost 2 is more impressive than Cousins 10 interception and 9 fumbles because he lost 7. Ineffective QB play. Because Mahomes, your guy put up 3 TDs per game on average. I have news for you. He won't be able to keep it up. No QB can. Unless KC can come up with a defense to stop other teams from scoring Mahomes will be like Aaron Rodgers. Maybe win 1 Super Bowl because the team depends on the QB to win all the time and to hell with the defense. The offense is great, and you can set records for scoring all you want. But no team that set a NFL record for most points scored in a season has ever won the Super Bowl. You need to be a top 10 offense. But you also need a top 10 defense.

In my book, the Vikings are closer to that than KC.
:shock:
0 x

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7596
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 475

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:39 am
1) Your own post that made you think I "had no idea what I look at with a QB" was prefaced with it being an opinion from 2017. Not today, but at the end of the season when you yourself had that opinion. Yet you ripped it anyway. That is why it was so damn funny.
I discussed Lamar Jackson pre-draft and Case Keenum days after the NFC championship. Opinions have drastically changed on both of them after seeing them play in 2018. No less I wanted Cousins when I found out he was going to be a FA. I just wasnt sure if we would actually pay the money or not. So take it however you want, but opinions change. Especially over a year and a half span.
2) How have you watched an entire season of Jackson in the NFL?
I have the NFL ticket and 5 mounted TV's in my finished basement. I have the Vikings on the 55", and then the redzone channel and 3 other games on the four 32" TVs. I am also in 4 dynasty fantasy football leagues. Two of which are over a $300 buy-in. So yes, I can just about guarantee I probably watched Lamar Jackson along with other teams more than most members on here, including you. I have always said, I follow the NFL just as close as I do the Vikings. When you are in that many fantasy leagues and have 4+ games on TV at a time on Sundays, you cant not follow other teams closely. Not trying to toot my own horn by any means but I'm practically obsessed with the NFL and the Vikings.
3) Can you provide some examples of me contradicting myself? If I have done that, I would like the opportunity to address it, but you just make the claim and move on, without providing evidence.
You're contradicting yourself by who you are defending and who you arent defending. You're complaining about Cousins record, fumbles

For example: You say Kirk Cousins is "horrible at protecting the football" but sit there and defend Lamar Jackson when he led the entire NFL with 15 fumbles in HALF the games Cousins played. You give this excuse and that excuse for why certain QBs fumbles but they dont apply to Cousins. You're defending Jackson but ripping Cousins.

Or defending Teddy or Jackson as a passer/decision maker but complaining about Cousins' but are now saying you think he's an above average passer. Teddy and Jackson are not good passers. And Jackson is someone that will never be a good passer. But since his coach had confidence in him, you think he will be? Pretty sad if you believe that. And I dont care if you just said you thought Cousins was an above average passer. For a guy that throws for 25+ TDs and 4,000 yards every year, he better be an above average passer in anyones book. But you still complain about different areas of his game as a passer. Go back to the game chats, you flooded them complaining about throws. You're defending Jackson/Teddy but ripping Cousins.

Or talking record with Teddy (when he was literally carried one season by an elite RB), something Cousins never had the luxury of. You know just as well as anyone, Teddy was carried by AP. But you tried to defend how Teddy was a good QB and wasnt carried by AP. He literally couldnt hold a stick to Cousins as a QB. You're defending Teddy Bridgewater but ripping Kirk Cousins.....

Or that you bring up Jackson's record and rip Cousins when you paid zero attention to who Jackson played in those 7 games starting. 1 team with a winning record. Cousins played 5 teams with a winning record plus Aaron Rodgers in his final 7 games. Jackon's 7 games consisted of Cincy (30th in points allowed), Oakland (32nd in PA), Atlanta (25th in PA), KC (24th in PA), TB (31st in PA), LAC (8th in PA) and Cleveland (21st in PA). So way to go Lamar, you "beat up" on all the pathetic defenses around the NFL and went 6-1 because of it (and still had terrible passing and fumble numbers). I could just about guarantee Cousins puts up the same record with that schedule. You're defending Jacksons record (paying no attention to schedule) but rip Cousins' record when he played as many playoff teams over the course of the year as Jackson did regular season games (7).

Or tried to compare Case to Cousins by record a while back. And dont consider Case's cupcake schedule, who he had at OC, how the OL played, how the D was #1 in the NFL, etc. Just.....record. Like some have mentioned on here, that's like saying Gary Cuozzo is a better QB than Fran Tarkenton in 1972 because he went 16-4 in two seasons with the Vikings and Tarkenton went 7-7 in his first year "with the same roster".

This is my point. All these excuses you make up for Jackson, Teddy, Case, etc dont ever apply to Cousins in your book. You love defending other QBs when someone on here calls you out but will respond immediately to someone that is defending Cousins saying how they are wrong.
4) Can you provide a quote where I say something really bad about Cousins? Apparently I have been incredibly hard on the guy, and I would like to see where I have unfairly attacked him.
:lol: I hope you didnt just ask this....
5) I admit I do go overboard when I know I am right. Did the same thing with Bradford on Rubechat, and with Keenum, when people, including you apparently, felt he had proven he was a viable starter in the NFL. It is hard for me to let things go when I am right and others are so very wrong, but it is an incredibly slow part of the year for football, and what else is there really to talk about?
lol you have wayyy too much confidence in yourself and your opinion. You might want to re-evaluate what being "right" is because you're currently basing it off of your hatred for Cousins. There isnt much "right" about your constant ripping of him 24/7. It's near impossible for you to have a conversation on here without mentioning Kirk Cousins and what he has done wrong. You have 3-4 members on here going back and forth with you about the same thing and you're over there all by yourself. But "you are right and others are so very wrong" :roll: Trust me, you arent nearly as "right" as you think you are pal.
0 x
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri

StumpHunter
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 210

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by StumpHunter » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:29 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 pm

I discussed Lamar Jackson pre-draft and Case Keenum days after the NFC championship. Opinions have drastically changed on both of them after seeing them play in 2018. No less I wanted Cousins when I found out he was going to be a FA. I just wasnt sure if we would actually pay the money or not. So take it however you want, but opinions change. Especially over a year and a half span.
That is fine, but I prefaced it with "in 2017", and you ripped the opinion, even though it was yours, "in 2017".
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 pm
I have the NFL ticket and 5 mounted TV's in my finished basement. I have the Vikings on the 55", and then the redzone channel and 3 other games on the four 32" TVs. I am also in 4 dynasty fantasy football leagues. Two of which are over a $300 buy-in. So yes, I can just about guarantee I probably watched Lamar Jackson along with other teams more than most members on here, including you. I have always said, I follow the NFL just as close as I do the Vikings. When you are in that many fantasy leagues and have 4+ games on TV at a time on Sundays, you cant not follow other teams closely. Not trying to toot my own horn by any means but I'm practically obsessed with the NFL and the Vikings.
Great. How have you watched a QB who has only started 8 games play an entire season in the NFL?
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 pm
You're contradicting yourself by who you are defending and who you arent defending. You're complaining about Cousins record, fumbles

For example: You say Kirk Cousins is "horrible at protecting the football" but sit there and defend Lamar Jackson when he led the entire NFL with 15 fumbles in HALF the games Cousins played. You give this excuse and that excuse for why certain QBs fumbles but they dont apply to Cousins. You're defending Jackson but ripping Cousins.

Or defending Teddy or Jackson as a passer/decision maker but complaining about Cousins' but are now saying you think he's an above average passer. Teddy and Jackson are not good passers. And Jackson is someone that will never be a good passer. But since his coach had confidence in him, you think he will be? Pretty sad if you believe that. And I dont care if you just said you thought Cousins was an above average passer. For a guy that throws for 25+ TDs and 4,000 yards every year, he better be an above average passer in anyones book. But you still complain about different areas of his game as a passer. Go back to the game chats, you flooded them complaining about throws. You're defending Jackson/Teddy but ripping Cousins.

Or talking record with Teddy (when he was literally carried one season by an elite RB), something Cousins never had the luxury of. You know just as well as anyone, Teddy was carried by AP. But you tried to defend how Teddy was a good QB and wasnt carried by AP. He literally couldnt hold a stick to Cousins as a QB. You're defending Teddy Bridgewater but ripping Kirk Cousins.....

Or that you bring up Jackson's record and rip Cousins when you paid zero attention to who Jackson played in those 7 games starting. 1 team with a winning record. Cousins played 5 teams with a winning record plus Aaron Rodgers in his final 7 games. Jackon's 7 games consisted of Cincy (30th in points allowed), Oakland (32nd in PA), Atlanta (25th in PA), KC (24th in PA), TB (31st in PA), LAC (8th in PA) and Cleveland (21st in PA). So way to go Lamar, you "beat up" on all the pathetic defenses around the NFL and went 6-1 because of it (and still had terrible passing and fumble numbers). I could just about guarantee Cousins puts up the same record with that schedule. You're defending Jacksons record (paying no attention to schedule) but rip Cousins' record when he played as many playoff teams over the course of the year as Jackson did regular season games (7).

Or tried to compare Case to Cousins by record a while back. And dont consider Case's cupcake schedule, who he had at OC, how the OL played, how the D was #1 in the NFL, etc. Just.....record. Like some have mentioned on here, that's like saying Gary Cuozzo is a better QB than Fran Tarkenton in 1972 because he went 16-4 in two seasons with the Vikings and Tarkenton went 7-7 in his first year "with the same roster".

This is my point. All these excuses you make up for Jackson, Teddy, Case, etc dont ever apply to Cousins in your book. You love defending other QBs when someone on here calls you out but will respond immediately to someone that is defending Cousins saying how they are wrong.
Can you provide actual contradictions? Maybe quote me instead of doing your weird interpretations of what people say.

Also, I think showed up in two game chats all season and rarely posted comments during those 2.
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 pm
:lol: I hope you didnt just ask this....
I did. Seems like it should be easy enough to find, yet you quote nothing. What unfair shots have I taken at Cousins?
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 pm

lol you have wayyy too much confidence in yourself and your opinion. You might want to re-evaluate what being "right" is because you're currently basing it off of your hatred for Cousins. There isnt much "right" about your constant ripping of him 24/7. It's near impossible for you to have a conversation on here without mentioning Kirk Cousins and what he has done wrong. You have 3-4 members on here going back and forth with you about the same thing and you're over there all by yourself. But "you are right and others are so very wrong" :roll: Trust me, you arent nearly as "right" as you think you are pal.
When you are so right while others are so very wrong, it tends to breed confidence. While you and other were praising Keenum's and Bradford's seasons, I was looking to trade Bradford while he still had value, and ready to move on from a guy with zero upside and a ton of downside.
0 x

User avatar
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 582
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:39 am
Location: Convoy, Ohio
x 244

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by Bowhunting Viking » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:16 pm

Man you guys need to just stop stoking the guys fire. He's obviously always right, KNOWS for sure that he's always right , isn't gonna ever admit the notion that his opinions aren't the gospel, and will never end his intense hatred of the guy wearing #8.
A buddy at work dealt with the same kind of person and finally just gave up. Oh man, what was it they called that person???? Oh yea.. an EX Wife :D
1 x
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7596
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 475

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:57 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:29 pm

That is fine, but I prefaced it with "in 2017", and you ripped the opinion, even though it was yours, "in 2017".
Ok? Regardless, a lot changed in a year and a half. Not sure what you're trying to prove. Quit hanging on so tight to something so meaningless.
Great. How have you watched a QB who has only started 8 games play an entire season in the NFL?
So the best you could come up with is critiquing my wording because I said "an entire season"? Remember a week or so ago when I said when you're proved wrong, all you do is critique people's wording or try and belittle them in some way because you have no other comeback? Yeah.....

Can you provide actual contradictions? Maybe quote me instead of doing your weird interpretations of what people say.
hahahaha no man I dont have enough time in a day to go back and hunt down quotes by you. But what kills me, is what I brought up are things your argued at one point or another and in turn, contradicted yourself. Some recent, some months ago. But stop playing dumb. No less I wouldnt be surprised if you went back and tried to delete some to cover your as#. Either way, you know what you were arguing, everyone on here knows what you were arguing and everyone on here knows how you feel about Cousins. Quit acting like people are putting words into your mouth. Instead of trying to dig up dirt on everyone else, why dont you go back and read your own posts as if you didnt write them. And just listen to how ridiculous and arrogant you sound.

I did. Seems like it should be easy enough to find, yet you quote nothing. What unfair shots have I taken at Cousins?
Again, I dont have enough time in the day to dig up dirt on you. But one off the top of my head was saying he was "horrible at protecting the football" and then I literally provided in depth facts that Cousins didnt fumble nearly as often as you thought he did but what did you do? Give excuses for everyone else and still disagreed with the FACTS I provided regarding Cousins.


When you are so right while others are so very wrong, it tends to breed confidence. While you and other were praising Keenum's and Bradford's seasons, I was looking to trade Bradford while he still had value, and ready to move on from a guy with zero upside and a ton of downside.
lol you were looking to trade Bradford and ready to move on from Case Keenum huh? Did you have your GM hat on and everything? Man I wish you were in Rick Spielman's position. Because you just have all the confidence and answers dont you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and Mr. Spielman I have one question, if you were ready to move on from Case Keenum at the end of 2017, what was your plan at the QB position for 2018?? I mean you said you wanted to trade Bradford and move on from Case so who was going to be the starter in 2018?? Let me guess, you would have somehow traded for #1 overall to draft Baker Mayfield..... because you're just gushing with confidence :rolling: :rolling:
1 x
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7596
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY
x 475

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:57 pm

Bowhunting Viking wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:16 pm
Man you guys need to just stop stoking the guys fire. He's obviously always right, KNOWS for sure that he's always right , isn't gonna ever admit the notion that his opinions aren't the gospel, and will never end his intense hatred of the guy wearing #8.
A buddy at work dealt with the same kind of person and finally just gave up. Oh man, what was it they called that person???? Oh yea.. an EX Wife :D
:lol: :lol: Great points BHV!
0 x
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri

StumpHunter
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 210

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by StumpHunter » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:03 pm

Bowhunting Viking wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:16 pm
Man you guys need to just stop stoking the guys fire. He's obviously always right, KNOWS for sure that he's always right , isn't gonna ever admit the notion that his opinions aren't the gospel, and will never end his intense hatred of the guy wearing #8.
A buddy at work dealt with the same kind of person and finally just gave up. Oh man, what was it they called that person???? Oh yea.. an EX Wife :D
Solid contribution man. Two posts in a month and both were to attack me.

I am honored.
0 x

StumpHunter
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am
x 210

Re: Who had the best draft class of 2019 in the NFC North?

Post by StumpHunter » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:20 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:57 pm


Ok? Regardless, a lot changed in a year and a half. Not sure what you're trying to prove. Quit hanging on so tight to something so meaningless.
It says a ton about your mentality.
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:57 pm

So the best you could come up with is critiquing my wording because I said "an entire season"? Remember a week or so ago when I said when you're proved wrong, all you do is critique people's wording or try and belittle them in some way because you have no other comeback? Yeah.....
Again, it says a lot about your mentality that you can decide 100% that a rookie QB is done based on 8 games, not even an entire season.
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:57 pm
hahahaha no man I dont have enough time in a day to go back and hunt down quotes by you. But what kills me, is what I brought up are things your argued at one point or another and in turn, contradicted yourself. Some recent, some months ago. But stop playing dumb. No less I wouldnt be surprised if you went back and tried to delete some to cover your as#. Either way, you know what you were arguing, everyone on here knows what you were arguing and everyone on here knows how you feel about Cousins. Quit acting like people are putting words into your mouth. Instead of trying to dig up dirt on everyone else, why dont you go back and read your own posts as if you didnt write them. And just listen to how ridiculous and arrogant you sound.
So nothing. Thought so.

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:57 pm
Again, I dont have enough time in the day to dig up dirt on you. But one off the top of my head was saying he was "horrible at protecting the football" and then I literally provided in depth facts that Cousins didnt fumble nearly as often as you thought he did but what did you do? Give excuses for everyone else and still disagreed with the FACTS I provided regarding Cousins.
Calling a player who is second in the NFL in turnovers terrible at protecting the football seems pretty fair. 6th in the NFL in turnovers since becoming a starters supports that. You can provide facts that don't actually contradict what I say all you want, doesn't change the FACT he turned the ball over a lot this year, and throughout his entire career.
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:57 pm
lol you were looking to trade Bradford and ready to move on from Case Keenum huh? Did you have your GM hat on and everything? Man I wish you were in Rick Spielman's position. Because you just have all the confidence and answers dont you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and Mr. Spielman I have one question, if you were ready to move on from Case Keenum at the end of 2017, what was your plan at the QB position for 2018?? I mean you said you wanted to trade Bradford and move on from Case so who was going to be the starter in 2018?? Let me guess, you would have somehow traded for #1 overall to draft Baker Mayfield..... because you're just gushing with confidence :rolling: :rolling:
Why would I have to worry about moving on from Case Keenum as the backup to Patrick Mahomes? You just don't make any sense sometimes.
0 x