Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:47 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:30 pm
Thanks for the article. Very long, but I read it.

And I ask again, what is the Steelers' leverage? What on earth makes them think they're going to get a first-rounder for this guy? The Steelers take the cap hit this year, but the trade partner would be on the hook for the rest of his contract, in his 32- and 33-year-old contract years. It's huge money, quarterback money for an aging receiver with questionable behavior.

I just don't see why anyone would trade for this guy, other than desperation. We're not desperate, especially when it comes to receiver.
I don't think a trade happens because the Steelers are probably asking too much. They probably would rather make it work with Brown than essentailly pay 20 million for a HOF caliber WR to play for another team.

He doesn't make sense for the Vikings, but they could afford him if they really needed him and I have no doubt he would make the team better.
And then ... he gets traded to the Raiders.

Shows what I know!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.