Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6133
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:58 am

StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:56 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:52 am
Regardless it would be a complete waste. He would do nothing but complain that he isnt targeted enough when Cousins is hitting Diggs and Thielen right and left. And then create a ton of drama here. I'd rather trade a first round pick away for a punter then trade a 7th for Antonio Brown.
Gotta disagree. The WR's weren't good enough for Cousins last year. We need a big upgrade to improve the offense.
What? That literally makes zero sense. The WRs werent good enough? They both had career years under Cousins. We were 1 of 3 teams with TWO 1,000 yard WRs last year (Other teams were Pitt and LAR). How in any way is that "not good enough"? Yeah sure it would be nice to have a decent #3, but that would be all we need is a decent #3. Not a $20+ million dollar #3 (not saying the #3 would be Brown but clearly either Diggs or Thielen would and they are making big money). Our #3 WR last year played 51% of the snaps. Under pass happy Flip no less. So we should trade for Brown and have Thielen or Diggs play 50% of the snaps (will be even less in this new offense) because our WRs werent good enough for Cousins??.....yeah makes total sense :confused:

But go ahead....somehow make this into another "Kirk sucks" argument :roll:
0 x
Image

User avatar
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7217
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:04 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:17 am
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:05 pm

Won't work.

Cap space gained by cutting:
Griffen: $10.54 million
Rudolph: $7.25 million
Laquon Treadwell: $0 (his entire salary and bonus would be dead money)

Total cap space gained: $17.79 million.

Brown's contract for 2019: $22.16 million.

You're short $4.37 million.
I don't think the Vikings would have to pay all of that 22.16. I believe the Steelers are on the hook for much of his salary whether they trade him or keep him, and that is why their asking price is so high.
What? Steelers on the hook? Where do you get this stuff? This isn't baseball. It's rare that NFL teams pick up salary on a guy they trade away. Why? Because it would still count against the cap.

This is about CAP HIT. If the Steelers were "on the hook" for AB's salary even if they traded him, then they'd just cut him. They're trying to dump both his attitude and his salary. He counts $22 million against the cap if he's on their roster, and he counts $21 million if they cut him. They HAVE to trade him. It's the only way to get out of cap hell. Which means they have ZERO leverage.

Their asking price is high because they want to have their cake and eat it, too. But it's not going to work. As time goes on, they'll find that they're not going to get their asking price. And then you'll see the price go down. Way down.

My guess is that AB ends up wearing black and gold in 2019, and I wouldn't bet against 2020, as well (nearly $15 in dead money if they cut him after 2019). If they cut him after 2020, it's "only" $7 million in dead money, which is the best they're going to do.

They need a team that's desperate enough to take on his salary and his attitude. If they get a bag of balls in return, they should feel lucky.
1 x
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

StumpHunter
Franchise Player
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by StumpHunter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:33 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:58 am
StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:56 am


Gotta disagree. The WR's weren't good enough for Cousins last year. We need a big upgrade to improve the offense.
What? That literally makes zero sense. The WRs werent good enough? They both had career years under Cousins. We were 1 of 3 teams with TWO 1,000 yard WRs last year (Other teams were Pitt and LAR). How in any way is that "not good enough"? Yeah sure it would be nice to have a decent #3, but that would be all we need is a decent #3. Not a $20+ million dollar #3 (not saying the #3 would be Brown but clearly either Diggs or Thielen would and they are making big money). Our #3 WR last year played 51% of the snaps. Under pass happy Flip no less. So we should trade for Brown and have Thielen or Diggs play 50% of the snaps (will be even less in this new offense) because our WRs werent good enough for Cousins??.....yeah makes total sense :confused:

But go ahead....somehow make this into another "Kirk sucks" argument :roll:
Thielen is making #3 money and is at his best out of the slot. Plus, Brown wouldn't cost over 20 million this year, and the salary would only start hurting the team trading for him in 2020.

This isn't a Kirk Cousins sucks argument, it is the reality of the situation. The WRs, particularly the #3 WR, weren't good enough for Cousins last year, just like the line and the run game weren't. If they were, Cousins would have been able to find open receivers quicker, he would have been pressured and sacked less, and the offense wouldn't have been 22nd in scoring. You think that I am wrong about that?
0 x

StumpHunter
Franchise Player
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by StumpHunter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:35 pm

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:04 pm
StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:17 am


I don't think the Vikings would have to pay all of that 22.16. I believe the Steelers are on the hook for much of his salary whether they trade him or keep him, and that is why their asking price is so high.
What? Steelers on the hook? Where do you get this stuff? This isn't baseball. It's rare that NFL teams pick up salary on a guy they trade away. Why? Because it would still count against the cap.

This is about CAP HIT. If the Steelers were "on the hook" for AB's salary even if they traded him, then they'd just cut him. They're trying to dump both his attitude and his salary. He counts $22 million against the cap if he's on their roster, and he counts $21 million if they cut him. They HAVE to trade him. It's the only way to get out of cap hell. Which means they have ZERO leverage.

Their asking price is high because they want to have their cake and eat it, too. But it's not going to work. As time goes on, they'll find that they're not going to get their asking price. And then you'll see the price go down. Way down.

My guess is that AB ends up wearing black and gold in 2019, and I wouldn't bet against 2020, as well (nearly $15 in dead money if they cut him after 2019). If they cut him after 2020, it's "only" $7 million in dead money, which is the best they're going to do.

They need a team that's desperate enough to take on his salary and his attitude. If they get a bag of balls in return, they should feel lucky.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/can- ... l-in-2019/

Hope this helps.
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6133
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:29 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:33 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:58 am


What? That literally makes zero sense. The WRs werent good enough? They both had career years under Cousins. We were 1 of 3 teams with TWO 1,000 yard WRs last year (Other teams were Pitt and LAR). How in any way is that "not good enough"? Yeah sure it would be nice to have a decent #3, but that would be all we need is a decent #3. Not a $20+ million dollar #3 (not saying the #3 would be Brown but clearly either Diggs or Thielen would and they are making big money). Our #3 WR last year played 51% of the snaps. Under pass happy Flip no less. So we should trade for Brown and have Thielen or Diggs play 50% of the snaps (will be even less in this new offense) because our WRs werent good enough for Cousins??.....yeah makes total sense :confused:

But go ahead....somehow make this into another "Kirk sucks" argument :roll:
Thielen is making #3 money and is at his best out of the slot. Plus, Brown wouldn't cost over 20 million this year, and the salary would only start hurting the team trading for him in 2020.

This isn't a Kirk Cousins sucks argument, it is the reality of the situation. The WRs, particularly the #3 WR, weren't good enough for Cousins last year, just like the line and the run game weren't. If they were, Cousins would have been able to find open receivers quicker, he would have been pressured and sacked less, and the offense wouldn't have been 22nd in scoring. You think that I am wrong about that?
Your logic just baffles me sometimes. Look at the updates man. We're currently in contract talks with Thielen. Do you really think he's going to be making #3 money much longer? No.

As for Brown's contract, in no way, shape or form would Brown's salary not effect us this year. We dont just get him for free. We would have to pay him roughly $12-$15 million this year. Not sure how you think we are going to land that cap space and still assess other needs. Which makes this trade unrealistic and foolish to even try and pull off.

And yeah, I think you're dead wrong about that. But this is just another nitpicky argument by you. Of course the #3 wasnt good enough. Nobody is questioning that. But as for Thielen and Diggs, they are two of the best route runners in the league. With them being good route runners doesnt just mean they are always open and Cousins shouldnt be getting sacked. That literally doesnt even make sense. Jared Goff was sacked 33 times this year and had the best trio of WRs in the league before Kupp went down. So does that mean they should be dumb and trade for Brown so they dont get sacked as much? No. If your line sucks at pass blocking, it sucks at pass blocking. Deshaun Watson had one of the better WR groups in the NFL. Granted both Coutee and Fuller got hurt but not early in the year. And he was getting sacked 5-7 times a game. Having 3 near elite WRs doesnt mean you're going to be sacked less. Never has that been a truth in the NFL.

Randall Cunningham had arguably the best WR core in the NFL in Moss, Carter and Reed. He also had an elite offensive line. And he was still sacked 20 times in 15 games. That's more than Andrew Luck was sacked in 16 games this year and he didnt have near the receiving core Cunningham did. And as good as Lucks OL was, they still werent as good as ours in 98 IMO. Another top WR group ever in the NFL was the 99 Rams. Warner was sacked 29 times with an elite OL and Holt, Bruce, Hakim and Proehl too.

So in the end, your argument literally makes no sense. We need a serviceable and consistent WR for a #3. Not a high priced, selfish, attention-wanting, whine as* cancer like Antonio Brown. No less it would not only cost us a lot of money that we dont have, it would prevent us filling other needs in free agency AND lose us draft picks. I literally cant believe I actually had to explain that to someone. :confused:
0 x
Image

StumpHunter
Franchise Player
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by StumpHunter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:04 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:29 pm
StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:33 pm

Thielen is making #3 money and is at his best out of the slot. Plus, Brown wouldn't cost over 20 million this year, and the salary would only start hurting the team trading for him in 2020.

This isn't a Kirk Cousins sucks argument, it is the reality of the situation. The WRs, particularly the #3 WR, weren't good enough for Cousins last year, just like the line and the run game weren't. If they were, Cousins would have been able to find open receivers quicker, he would have been pressured and sacked less, and the offense wouldn't have been 22nd in scoring. You think that I am wrong about that?
Your logic just baffles me sometimes. Look at the updates man. We're currently in contract talks with Thielen. Do you really think he's going to be making #3 money much longer? No.

As for Brown's contract, in no way, shape or form would Brown's salary not effect us this year. We dont just get him for free. We would have to pay him roughly $12-$15 million this year. Not sure how you think we are going to land that cap space and still assess other needs. Which makes this trade unrealistic and foolish to even try and pull off.

And yeah, I think you're dead wrong about that. But this is just another nitpicky argument by you. Of course the #3 wasnt good enough. Nobody is questioning that. But as for Thielen and Diggs, they are two of the best route runners in the league. With them being good route runners doesnt just mean they are always open and Cousins shouldnt be getting sacked. That literally doesnt even make sense. Jared Goff was sacked 33 times this year and had the best trio of WRs in the league before Kupp went down. So does that mean they should be dumb and trade for Brown so they dont get sacked as much? No. If your line sucks at pass blocking, it sucks at pass blocking. Deshaun Watson had one of the better WR groups in the NFL. Granted both Coutee and Fuller got hurt but not early in the year. And he was getting sacked 5-7 times a game. Having 3 near elite WRs doesnt mean you're going to be sacked less. Never has that been a truth in the NFL.

Randall Cunningham had arguably the best WR core in the NFL in Moss, Carter and Reed. He also had an elite offensive line. And he was still sacked 20 times in 15 games. That's more than Andrew Luck was sacked in 16 games this year and he didnt have near the receiving core Cunningham did. And as good as Lucks OL was, they still werent as good as ours in 98 IMO. Another top WR group ever in the NFL was the 99 Rams. Warner was sacked 29 times with an elite OL and Holt, Bruce, Hakim and Proehl too.

So in the end, your argument literally makes no sense. We need a serviceable and consistent WR for a #3. Not a high priced, selfish, attention-wanting, whine as* cancer like Antonio Brown. No less it would not only cost us a lot of money that we dont have, it would prevent us filling other needs in free agency AND lose us draft picks. I literally cant believe I actually had to explain that to someone. :confused:
36.8 million over 3 years for a possible HOF WR, none of it guaranteed past this season. That is some great value that you said you wouldn't want for a 7th round pick. Bad take.
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6133
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:54 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:04 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:29 pm


Your logic just baffles me sometimes. Look at the updates man. We're currently in contract talks with Thielen. Do you really think he's going to be making #3 money much longer? No.

As for Brown's contract, in no way, shape or form would Brown's salary not effect us this year. We dont just get him for free. We would have to pay him roughly $12-$15 million this year. Not sure how you think we are going to land that cap space and still assess other needs. Which makes this trade unrealistic and foolish to even try and pull off.

And yeah, I think you're dead wrong about that. But this is just another nitpicky argument by you. Of course the #3 wasnt good enough. Nobody is questioning that. But as for Thielen and Diggs, they are two of the best route runners in the league. With them being good route runners doesnt just mean they are always open and Cousins shouldnt be getting sacked. That literally doesnt even make sense. Jared Goff was sacked 33 times this year and had the best trio of WRs in the league before Kupp went down. So does that mean they should be dumb and trade for Brown so they dont get sacked as much? No. If your line sucks at pass blocking, it sucks at pass blocking. Deshaun Watson had one of the better WR groups in the NFL. Granted both Coutee and Fuller got hurt but not early in the year. And he was getting sacked 5-7 times a game. Having 3 near elite WRs doesnt mean you're going to be sacked less. Never has that been a truth in the NFL.

Randall Cunningham had arguably the best WR core in the NFL in Moss, Carter and Reed. He also had an elite offensive line. And he was still sacked 20 times in 15 games. That's more than Andrew Luck was sacked in 16 games this year and he didnt have near the receiving core Cunningham did. And as good as Lucks OL was, they still werent as good as ours in 98 IMO. Another top WR group ever in the NFL was the 99 Rams. Warner was sacked 29 times with an elite OL and Holt, Bruce, Hakim and Proehl too.

So in the end, your argument literally makes no sense. We need a serviceable and consistent WR for a #3. Not a high priced, selfish, attention-wanting, whine as* cancer like Antonio Brown. No less it would not only cost us a lot of money that we dont have, it would prevent us filling other needs in free agency AND lose us draft picks. I literally cant believe I actually had to explain that to someone. :confused:
36.8 million over 3 years for a possible HOF WR, none of it guaranteed past this season. That is some great value that you said you wouldn't want for a 7th round pick. Bad take.
It's actually not a bad take at all. You just dont look into anything. All money aside, do you TRULY believe he will be a great pickup for this team when we already have two stud WRs. Have you read anything (at all) about him since he's been ticked off at Pitt?? You clearly missed the "high priced, selfish, attention-wanting, whine as* cancer" part that I just posted. And do you TRULY think Brown will be okay making $12 million a year after he's traded? Didnt think this needed to be explained or posted but I guess you can educate yourself a little reading this:
MMQB's Albert Breer reports Antonio Brown wants to be the highest-paid receiver in the league.
According to Breer, the deal with the Bills dissolved in part because of Brown's contract demands, and the same thing happened with another potential suitor earlier in the week. Brown recently said he is "going to play by [his] rules," and those rules seem to include a raise on the little over $12 million per year he is scheduled to make the next three seasons. Unless he is willing to walk back those contract demands, the Steelers will have a tough time moving him despite his immense talent.
So again....trading for him would be foolish on our part. He wants all the money he can possibly get, will quit on you at any time, will complain to the media, wants all the attention, wants all the rewards, etc. He is a cancer. I dont care how good he is. I mean his quote says is all "I'm going to play by my rules". Of course you are, because you're a selfish, money hungry, drama queen that is a terrible teammate. No thanks.
0 x
Image

StumpHunter
Franchise Player
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by StumpHunter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:12 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:54 pm
StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:04 pm

36.8 million over 3 years for a possible HOF WR, none of it guaranteed past this season. That is some great value that you said you wouldn't want for a 7th round pick. Bad take.
It's actually not a bad take at all. You just dont look into anything. All money aside, do you TRULY believe he will be a great pickup for this team when we already have two stud WRs. Have you read anything (at all) about him since he's been ticked off at Pitt?? You clearly missed the "high priced, selfish, attention-wanting, whine as* cancer" part that I just posted. And do you TRULY think Brown will be okay making $12 million a year after he's traded? Didnt think this needed to be explained or posted but I guess you can educate yourself a little reading this:
MMQB's Albert Breer reports Antonio Brown wants to be the highest-paid receiver in the league.
According to Breer, the deal with the Bills dissolved in part because of Brown's contract demands, and the same thing happened with another potential suitor earlier in the week. Brown recently said he is "going to play by [his] rules," and those rules seem to include a raise on the little over $12 million per year he is scheduled to make the next three seasons. Unless he is willing to walk back those contract demands, the Steelers will have a tough time moving him despite his immense talent.
So again....trading for him would be foolish on our part. He wants all the money he can possibly get, will quit on you at any time, will complain to the media, wants all the attention, wants all the rewards, etc. He is a cancer. I dont care how good he is. I mean his quote says is all "I'm going to play by my rules". Of course you are, because you're a selfish, money hungry, drama queen that is a terrible teammate. No thanks.
Not getting along with accused rapist Ben Roethlisberger is a plus for me, not a negative.
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6133
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:46 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:12 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:54 pm


It's actually not a bad take at all. You just dont look into anything. All money aside, do you TRULY believe he will be a great pickup for this team when we already have two stud WRs. Have you read anything (at all) about him since he's been ticked off at Pitt?? You clearly missed the "high priced, selfish, attention-wanting, whine as* cancer" part that I just posted. And do you TRULY think Brown will be okay making $12 million a year after he's traded? Didnt think this needed to be explained or posted but I guess you can educate yourself a little reading this:



So again....trading for him would be foolish on our part. He wants all the money he can possibly get, will quit on you at any time, will complain to the media, wants all the attention, wants all the rewards, etc. He is a cancer. I dont care how good he is. I mean his quote says is all "I'm going to play by my rules". Of course you are, because you're a selfish, money hungry, drama queen that is a terrible teammate. No thanks.
Not getting along with accused rapist Ben Roethlisberger is a plus for me, not a negative.
Lol out of all that, since he doesn’t like Big Ben who supposedly raped a girl, that’s a big reason we should trade for him?? :confused: Ok this conversation has done its course.
0 x
Image

StumpHunter
Franchise Player
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by StumpHunter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:49 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:46 pm
StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:12 pm


Not getting along with accused rapist Ben Roethlisberger is a plus for me, not a negative.
Lol out of all that, since he doesn’t like Big Ben who supposedly raped a girl, that’s a big reason we should trade for him?? :confused: Ok this conversation has done its course.
I don't think we should trade for Brown. The Steelers are probably asking for at least a 1st and that isn't worth it. I would give up a 7th in a minute for him though, as would any GM who had any sense at all.
0 x

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3276
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by Raptorman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:42 pm

Not even going to read 3 pages. But not only NO! But HELL NO!.
0 x
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

User avatar
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7217
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:30 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:35 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:04 pm

What? Steelers on the hook? Where do you get this stuff? This isn't baseball. It's rare that NFL teams pick up salary on a guy they trade away. Why? Because it would still count against the cap.

This is about CAP HIT. If the Steelers were "on the hook" for AB's salary even if they traded him, then they'd just cut him. They're trying to dump both his attitude and his salary. He counts $22 million against the cap if he's on their roster, and he counts $21 million if they cut him. They HAVE to trade him. It's the only way to get out of cap hell. Which means they have ZERO leverage.

Their asking price is high because they want to have their cake and eat it, too. But it's not going to work. As time goes on, they'll find that they're not going to get their asking price. And then you'll see the price go down. Way down.

My guess is that AB ends up wearing black and gold in 2019, and I wouldn't bet against 2020, as well (nearly $15 in dead money if they cut him after 2019). If they cut him after 2020, it's "only" $7 million in dead money, which is the best they're going to do.

They need a team that's desperate enough to take on his salary and his attitude. If they get a bag of balls in return, they should feel lucky.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/can- ... l-in-2019/

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the article. Very long, but I read it.

And I ask again, what is the Steelers' leverage? What on earth makes them think they're going to get a first-rounder for this guy? The Steelers take the cap hit this year, but the trade partner would be on the hook for the rest of his contract, in his 32- and 33-year-old contract years. It's huge money, quarterback money for an aging receiver with questionable behavior.

I just don't see why anyone would trade for this guy, other than desperation. We're not desperate, especially when it comes to receiver.
0 x
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6133
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:57 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:49 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:46 pm


Lol out of all that, since he doesn’t like Big Ben who supposedly raped a girl, that’s a big reason we should trade for him?? :confused: Ok this conversation has done its course.
I don't think we should trade for Brown. The Steelers are probably asking for at least a 1st and that isn't worth it. I would give up a 7th in a minute for him though, as would any GM who had any sense at all.
You’re really taking that comment I made to heart. It was sarcasm. But regardless, even if we got him for free, his attitude and selfishness would be bad news for this team. So again, no matter how you look at it, he’s not worth it
0 x
Image

StumpHunter
Franchise Player
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by StumpHunter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:47 pm

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:30 pm
StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:35 pm

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/can- ... l-in-2019/

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the article. Very long, but I read it.

And I ask again, what is the Steelers' leverage? What on earth makes them think they're going to get a first-rounder for this guy? The Steelers take the cap hit this year, but the trade partner would be on the hook for the rest of his contract, in his 32- and 33-year-old contract years. It's huge money, quarterback money for an aging receiver with questionable behavior.

I just don't see why anyone would trade for this guy, other than desperation. We're not desperate, especially when it comes to receiver.
I don't think a trade happens because the Steelers are probably asking too much. They probably would rather make it work with Brown than essentailly pay 20 million for a HOF caliber WR to play for another team.

He doesn't make sense for the Vikings, but they could afford him if they really needed him and I have no doubt he would make the team better.
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 6133
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:19 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:47 pm
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:30 pm

Thanks for the article. Very long, but I read it.

And I ask again, what is the Steelers' leverage? What on earth makes them think they're going to get a first-rounder for this guy? The Steelers take the cap hit this year, but the trade partner would be on the hook for the rest of his contract, in his 32- and 33-year-old contract years. It's huge money, quarterback money for an aging receiver with questionable behavior.

I just don't see why anyone would trade for this guy, other than desperation. We're not desperate, especially when it comes to receiver.
I don't think a trade happens because the Steelers are probably asking too much. They probably would rather make it work with Brown than essentailly pay 20 million for a HOF caliber WR to play for another team.

He doesn't make sense for the Vikings, but they could afford him if they really needed him and I have no doubt he would make the team better.
I take a good teammate and an unselfish player any day of the week over skill
0 x
Image