Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Antonio Brown a Viking? (Hypothetical)

Post by Dmizzle0 »

If we were to get AB(hypothetically), how we gonna block long enough for Cousins to get him the ball?
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:05 pm If we were to get AB(hypothetically), how we gonna block long enough for Cousins to get him the ball?
Cousins on average had more time to throw than Big Ben did last season.
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:05 pm
cmoss84 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:23 pm Not looking at the "teammate" aspect of Brown here, just wanting to know about our financial situation. If we cut ties with Griffen, Rudolph and Treadwell, would it clear up enough money to make it work? I'm not a salary cap expert, and appreciate any responses.
Won't work.

Cap space gained by cutting:
Griffen: $10.54 million
Rudolph: $7.25 million
Laquon Treadwell: $0 (his entire salary and bonus would be dead money)

Total cap space gained: $17.79 million.

Brown's contract for 2019: $22.16 million.

You're short $4.37 million.
Thanks for showing this-much appreciated
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

StumpHunter wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:55 am
Dmizzle0 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:05 pm If we were to get AB(hypothetically), how we gonna block long enough for Cousins to get him the ball?
A tremendous amount of his pressure was due to Cousins himself. Riley Reiff in particular was hung out to dry repeatedly by Cousins not using his space appropriately. Reiff would get just enough of a push to create time and space for a clean ball, but Cousins couldn't manage it.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

cmoss84 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:19 pm
Won't work.

Thanks for showing this-much appreciated
Sendejo or Remmers would make up the difference, but ya, Brown to the Vikings makes no sense with Thielen on a team friendly deal and Diggs being an awesome WR in his own right. This team is going to be running a lot of 2TE sets and a lot less 3WR sets as they find a way to run the ball efficiently in 2019.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

fiestavike wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:30 pm
StumpHunter wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:55 am

A tremendous amount of his pressure was due to Cousins himself. Riley Reiff in particular was hung out to dry repeatedly by Cousins not using his space appropriately. Reiff would get just enough of a push to create time and space for a clean ball, but Cousins couldn't manage it.
Maybe at times but Reiff also played poorly in several games, especially the 2nd Chicago game. He even got destroyed by a backup DE in garbage time.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

S197 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:59 pm

Maybe at times but Reiff also played poorly in several games, especially the 2nd Chicago game. He even got destroyed by a backup DE in garbage time.
That's fair and true. And Reiff seemed to get worse as the year went on.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

S197 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:59 pm

Pass protection was not a big problem against Chicago in the second game. Cousins had enough time in that game and just couldn't find anyone to throw too.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I dont know why but I have a terrible feeling GB is going to trade for Antonio Brown. They are in the NFC which is where Pitt wants to send him, the Packers have 2 first round picks as ammo and there is a new staff there likely to take chances. If this happens, I'm going to be disgusted. Because in two years, the two most prize players to hit the trade market (Mack and Brown) land in our division. I hope to god some dud team trades for him. If I'm Pitt thats what I would do. Shove it right in his face. But if he can go to a crap team like that he doesnt effect us and can sit and whine that his team sucks. He has no idea how good he had it in Pitt. But if it's the Packers, I will 100% guarantee throw up
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

Purplepain2018 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:06 pm What do you think the prospect of the Vikings acquiring Antonio Brown from the Steelers? It sounds like the Steelers maybe willing to trade Antonio Brown in the offseason and the Vikings need another reliable and dangerous wide receiver. The Vikings know what they have in Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen. If Antonio Brown is added to this roster with Dalvin Cook at running back and Kyle Rudolph at tight end that is a very potent and dangerous offensive unit. Who would a defense double team like they were in the last half of the season? A defense could not double team Thielen and leave Diggs and Brown open...

Now I know this trade will probably not happen, but can you imagine how dangerous the Vikings offense would be with Diggs, Thielen and Brown...
Sounds awesome, but who would block? Still takes more than 2 seconds for a play to develop. Brown can't help there.
dcb284
Practice Squad

Post by dcb284 »

no offense, think this would be one of the last places he'd choose to go. He's a Miami boy; last place he would go is to a city where there is a state income tax and a good portion of the year is prob below 0. Unfortunately, that's an issue the Vikes face when it comes to free agency; unless they are throwing a ridiculous amount of money that would be foolish to turn down.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

I think everyone is past the assumption that he would choose here. I dont think anyone is thinking that to be honest. But it's concerning where he does go and how it effects us.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

cmoss84 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:23 pm Not looking at the "teammate" aspect of Brown here, just wanting to know about our financial situation. If we cut ties with Griffen, Rudolph and Treadwell, would it clear up enough money to make it work? I'm not a salary cap expert, and appreciate any responses.
Won't work.

I don't think the Vikings would have to pay all of that 22.16. I believe the Steelers are on the hook for much of his salary whether they trade him or keep him, and that is why their asking price is so high.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Regardless it would be a complete waste. He would do nothing but complain that he isnt targeted enough when Cousins is hitting Diggs and Thielen right and left. And then create a ton of drama here. I'd rather trade a first round pick away for a punter then trade a 7th for Antonio Brown.
-Chazz Palminteri
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:52 am Regardless it would be a complete waste. He would do nothing but complain that he isnt targeted enough when Cousins is hitting Diggs and Thielen right and left. And then create a ton of drama here. I'd rather trade a first round pick away for a punter then trade a 7th for Antonio Brown.
Gotta disagree. The WR's weren't good enough for Cousins last year. We need a big upgrade to improve the offense.