Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3665
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Location: Coon Rapids, MN

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by mansquatch » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:06 am

You really have to hand it to BB. Every year he takes in new players and coaches them up to excellence. They had a brand new LT starting this year. The Chiefs D had the 2nd most sacks in the league this year and the Pat's OL held them to ZERO sacks. On Defense he gets new guys in every year, and by the end of the season he has them executing like professionals.

They say in the NFL that the difference between good and great is small. BB has found a way to bridge that gap.

I predict another Patriot's win. I just do not see the suspect Rams Defense slowing down NE in any way.
0 x
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi

StumpHunter
Franchise Player
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 am

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by StumpHunter » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

mansquatch wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:06 am
You really have to hand it to BB. Every year he takes in new players and coaches them up to excellence. They had a brand new LT starting this year. The Chiefs D had the 2nd most sacks in the league this year and the Pat's OL held them to ZERO sacks. On Defense he gets new guys in every year, and by the end of the season he has them executing like professionals.

They say in the NFL that the difference between good and great is small. BB has found a way to bridge that gap.

I predict another Patriot's win. I just do not see the suspect Rams Defense slowing down NE in any way.
KC couldn't get to Brady because he gets rid of the ball quickly. It is the same reason we couldn't get to him when we played them. Great QB play can negate a great pass rush.

Things would have been different if KC had been able to do in the first half what they did in the second. Brady would have needed to hold the ball longer and pass more to keep up. Teams needing to do that is why KC had so many sacks this season.
0 x

User avatar
Demarates
Backup
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:45 am

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by Demarates » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:04 pm

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:25 am
I'd rather see Sean Payton blow out his knee running after the refs.
Damn right, I'd do a one-man Skol clap to celebrate that. :beerock:
0 x
Tene Quod Bene

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11640
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by S197 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:28 pm

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:21 am
S197 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:42 am
Brady was very average in today's game, the Pats running game was the real superstar but of course he'll get all the credit. And of course he gets another opportune phantom roughing call. Even after he got one he flops and tries to draw another.

If Ford lines up a half yard back the Chiefs are in the SB. Not to mention the overturn of the muffed punt. What happened to indisputable evidence?

I'm not one to complain about the refs often, they have tough jobs and the Chiefs had a lot of opportunities. But the Patriots get an inordinate amount of beneficial calls that go their way at crucial times.
I honestly don't know what game you were watching. They showed multiple angles that proved that he never touched the ball.
The first game was a travesty. The second game was much better. I suppose anytime new england wins its because of the refs for some. But whatever.
It was way too close to overturn. Even so, I don't understand why everyone is fawning over Brady, he had a very average game. If he doesn't get that roughing call the game is probably over. If Dee Ford is lined up onside, he throws his third pick and the game is definitely over. His QB rating was 77.

All I'm saying is give credit where it's due, and for NE it was the OL and their backs. I really wish we could find a FB like Develin. I give BB a lot of credit for constantly staying innovative and getting that team to the SB so many times. But the Brady love fest just makes no sense to me. Hes obviously one of the best, but not yesterday.
0 x

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3665
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Location: Coon Rapids, MN

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by mansquatch » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:38 pm

StumpHunter wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am
mansquatch wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:06 am
You really have to hand it to BB. Every year he takes in new players and coaches them up to excellence. They had a brand new LT starting this year. The Chiefs D had the 2nd most sacks in the league this year and the Pat's OL held them to ZERO sacks. On Defense he gets new guys in every year, and by the end of the season he has them executing like professionals.

They say in the NFL that the difference between good and great is small. BB has found a way to bridge that gap.

I predict another Patriot's win. I just do not see the suspect Rams Defense slowing down NE in any way.
KC couldn't get to Brady because he gets rid of the ball quickly. It is the same reason we couldn't get to him when we played them. Great QB play can negate a great pass rush.

Things would have been different if KC had been able to do in the first half what they did in the second. Brady would have needed to hold the ball longer and pass more to keep up. Teams needing to do that is why KC had so many sacks this season.
They didn't just throw short stuff. Case in point: The Flea Flicker late in the 4th Quarter. Protection was perfect. The Patriots are great because they execute just about everything well.
0 x
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 19021
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by PurpleMustReign » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:39 pm

Fat Stupid Loser wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:06 am
VikeFanInEagleLand wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:41 am


By the way, how amazing was Tony Romo yesterday on his calls, especially late in the game? The guy predicted play after play, based solely on what he saw when the quarterbacks were at the line. Makes you wonder why he couldn't win more as a player. Clearly the man knows the game, especially from the QB's point of view.
Hated Romo as a Cowpuke. Really like him as an announcer. He is the best one on the tube right now.
That was awesome to see. He literally called every one of their third down conversions. He makes the game fun to watch.
1 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018

User avatar
Raz
Starter
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by Raz » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:42 pm

ImageImage
image.jpg
Saint got what they deserved
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3665
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:44 pm
Location: Coon Rapids, MN

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by mansquatch » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:42 pm

S197 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:28 pm
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:21 am


I honestly don't know what game you were watching. They showed multiple angles that proved that he never touched the ball.
The first game was a travesty. The second game was much better. I suppose anytime new england wins its because of the refs for some. But whatever.
It was way too close to overturn. Even so, I don't understand why everyone is fawning over Brady, he had a very average game. If he doesn't get that roughing call the game is probably over. If Dee Ford is lined up onside, he throws his third pick and the game is definitely over. His QB rating was 77.

All I'm saying is give credit where it's due, and for NE it was the OL and their backs. I really wish we could find a FB like Develin. I give BB a lot of credit for constantly staying innovative and getting that team to the SB so many times. But the Brady love fest just makes no sense to me. Hes obviously one of the best, but not yesterday.
I agree with your take SI. The later years of their dynasty have done more to cement BB as the GOAT than Brady. Nothing against Brady, but the fact that BB has to basically rebuild significant parts of the team every year, while drafting in the last 4 slots every year for the past 8 and they STILL are going to the Superbowl speaks for itself. 8 consecutive AFCCG appearances. 3 straight SB. Just unbelievable.
0 x
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi

Dmizzle0
Transition Player
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:03 pm

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by Dmizzle0 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:11 pm

Raz wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:42 pm
ImageImageimage.jpg
Saint got what they deserved
Wow this pic right here made my day
0 x

User avatar
Maelstrom88
Pro Bowl Elite Player
Posts: 566
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by Maelstrom88 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:18 pm

I hate Sean Payton and am very happy they lost. Being from STL and growing up a Rams fan I hate Kroenke too so I'll be for the Pats. I'm numb yo them at this point. NFL seems rigged to be honest. Brady going out winning against the team he won his first one against? Get real. After he retires Brees will be the next "storybook" ending for the NFL. Man I hope the Vikings improve the line this off-season so they can prevent that from happening.
0 x
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers.

User avatar
Bowhunting Viking
Starter
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:39 am
Location: Convoy, Ohio

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by Bowhunting Viking » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:24 pm

After sleeping on it , and talking about it at work today, the magnitude of the no call against the Rams really did resonate with me.
I remember them talking on the pregame shows about how Sean Peyton was in the facility until 3:30 am several night game planning to try and get to the Super Bowl again. All that time and energy spent, only to have the chance taken away from you because of a horrible no call, on an obvious , blatant penalty RIGHT in front of 2 officials. In you home stadium
I thought alot about it today and realized just how devestating , not to mention how haunting, that will be to Peyton for the rest of his career, or life for that matter.
After I really put that in perspective, it just made it my feelings change about the situation. It actually made it SO MUCH SWEETER than I realized :lol:
3 x
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 19021
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by PurpleMustReign » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:25 pm

Bowhunting Viking wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:24 pm
After sleeping on it , and talking about it at work today, the magnitude of the no call against the Rams really did resonate with me.
I remember them talking on the pregame shows about how Sean Peyton was in the facility until 3:30 am several night game planning to try and get to the Super Bowl again. All that time and energy spent, only to have the chance taken away from you because of a horrible no call, on an obvious , blatant penalty RIGHT in front of 2 officials. In you home stadium
I thought alot about it today and realized just how devestating , not to mention how haunting, that will be to Peyton for the rest of his career, or life for that matter.
After I really put that in perspective, it just made it my feelings change about the situation. It actually made it SO MUCH SWEETER than I realized :lol:
It may legitimately be the worst no-call ever. It is legitimately the funniest.
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018

User avatar
Mothman
Defensive Tackle
Posts: 37764
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by Mothman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:55 pm

I take no satisfaction at all in the no-call against the Rams. It's bad for the sport.

The awful no-call and the inability to resolve an obvious mistake with instant replay reminded me of this infamous play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gCDIQ7_Nw

Different circumstances but another decisively bad call.
0 x

User avatar
Mothman
Defensive Tackle
Posts: 37764
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by Mothman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:58 pm

S197 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:28 pm
All I'm saying is give credit where it's due, and for NE it was the OL and their backs. I really wish we could find a FB like Develin. I give BB a lot of credit for constantly staying innovative and getting that team to the SB so many times. But the Brady love fest just makes no sense to me. Hes obviously one of the best, but not yesterday.
I give BB a lot of credit too but personally, I thought Brady illustrated exactly why he's the best yesterday. Late in the game, with the Super Bowl on the line, he made clutch throws, converted crucial third downs and the directed scoring drives that ultimately helped his team win. He did it on the road, in a very loud stadium and even some of the big runs the Pats had on those scoring drives came on audibles because he correctly read the defense and changed the play. The OL and RBs obviously deserve more credit on those plays but he was the proverbial "field general" the team needed in that situation, as he's been throughout his career. He's certainly had better games but regardless of how he did statistically, when his team needed him to come up big so they could return to the Super Bowl, he delivered. I believe it's that quality more than any other that's made him such a great and admired player. His ability to come through again and again in the biggest games and moments is almost preternatural. It's the quality the Vikes need Cousins to develop.
0 x

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 19021
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN

Re: Well, No Vikings in playoffs, so who you think now? Who advances to Super Bowl?

Post by PurpleMustReign » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:22 pm

Mothman wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:55 pm
I take no satisfaction at all in the no-call against the Rams. It's bad for the sport.

The awful no-call and the inability to resolve an obvious mistake with instant replay reminded me of this infamous play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gCDIQ7_Nw

Different circumstances but another decisively bad call.
I agree that it is bad for the sport. Like I said, it could legitimately be the worst blown call in NFL history.
I just like seeing Sean Peyton suffer from something he benefited years ago.
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018