Free Agent OL

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Free Agent OL

Post by PurpleMustReign »

What OL will be available this off-season? Anyone who will be able to help us?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Free Agent OL

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Am I the only one who would consider trading Rhodes? He wasn't himself this year and always seemingly has a nagging injury. I don't see this team being active in free agency barring a big cap dump move. I don't see Barr or Richardson coming back nor do I think the team should allocate it's funds into the defense anymore than they have.
Last edited by Maelstrom88 on Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:06 am Am I the only one who would consider trading Rhodes? He wasn't himself this year and always seemingly has a nagging injury. I don't see this team being active in free agency barring a big cap dump move. I don't see Barr or Richardson coming back not do I think the team should allocate it's funds into the defense anymore than they have.
NO, others mentioned it too. I'm not totally against it, but I don't want it to happen.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 5v&ampcf=1

Best list I could find. They will probably have to address it in the draft.
mael·strom

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

We have the 18th pick in the draft by the way.
mael·strom

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

They just can't rely on free agency like they have the past few years. You just can't do it when you are paying your quarterback so much money and not to mention that so many of their other players are signed to contracts and its players that aren't going anywhere. They can definitely get a solid OL prospect with #18 and I think they will. I do think they sign someone as well, but I don't know how much of a splash it will be and they do need to free up cap space. Sendejo, Remmers and Treadwell will free up some money. Guys like Rhodes, Rudolph and Murray are guys that could be moved as well that would free up even more. It'll be interesting.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

We absolutely have to move on from Compton and Remmers, and possibly Reiff. At #18 we should have a shot at the top Guard in the draft or at least a very highly rated one. We could always also consider moving Elflein over to G if there is a center that they love. We do have an embarrassment of riches at CB now w/ Mac Alexander and Holton Hill showing promise at the end of this season. I wouldn't be against dealing someone for some OL help, but I find it very unlikely that Zimmer will want to trade anyone from his secondary.
MrPurplenGold
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by MrPurplenGold »

Andrew Norwell and Nate Solder were big free agent signings that didn't work out too well for the Jags and Giants. The Vikings need an identity along the offensive line that matches the skillset of their players and backups, good coaching and continuity. Coaching probably went down when sparano died. Continuity was shot with easton and Elflein being hurt, remmers being switched to guard and Compton never playing a down with the vikings prior to.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Its time to get better players on the O side of the ball. Zimmer has had his way with Rick in getting a lot of players in the draft for the D side of the ball. Although the players Zim got during the draft are MUCH better then anyone Rick got. Every year I am baffled by the offensive players Rick got us. Its embarrassing how bad our Oline has been for more then a decade. I mean really bad, horrible starting Oline, and the backups shouldnt even be playing. Even Elf has been sucking this year. Remmers and Comton would be ok if they were impersonating Laurel and Hardy as a comedy act.

Is there anyone who trusts Ricky boy to get new guys for the Oline in the draft or FA? Rick has GOT to go if we want a serious chance at a SB. Plus, we need a QB to learn under Cousins (I know, this doesnt make sense, but Cousins is with us for 2 more years, again thanks Ricky). An actual backup QB that will start as our #1 QB and not be a horrible backup that Rick usually get.
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:06 am Am I the only one who would consider trading Rhodes? He wasn't himself this year and always seemingly has a nagging injury. I don't see this team being active in free agency barring a big cap dump move. I don't see Barr or Richardson coming back nor do I think the team should allocate it's funds into the defense anymore than they have.
Id love to trade rhodes, if we could get a first it would be a win. The guy is slow off the start and needs to get his hands on the guy or he loses everytime. And the holds, at all the wrong times. Reminders me of peterson and his fumbles however rhodes isnt a first ballot hof breaking records, so yea trade him. I laughed when my buddy (a bears fan) told me Fuller would turn out better than rhodes.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I think the first thing we need to do after hiring an OC is get a decent Offensive line coach. Then let the OC and LC
Decide on a plan to protect Cousins.

Remmers was always a tackle and a middle of the road tackle. Moving him to guard someone should get a WTF award.
Last edited by halfgiz on Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

allday1991 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:56 pm
Maelstrom88 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:06 am Am I the only one who would consider trading Rhodes? He wasn't himself this year and always seemingly has a nagging injury. I don't see this team being active in free agency barring a big cap dump move. I don't see Barr or Richardson coming back nor do I think the team should allocate it's funds into the defense anymore than they have.
Id love to trade rhodes, if we could get a first it would be a win. The guy is slow off the start and needs to get his hands on the guy or he loses everytime. And the holds, at all the wrong times. Reminders me of peterson and his fumbles however rhodes isnt a first ballot hof breaking records, so yea trade him. I laughed when my buddy (a bears fan) told me Fuller would turn out better than rhodes.
Idk if we'd get a first for him though.
I think Rhodes is great when healthy 100%. The problem is he hasn't been for quite some time. I'm beyond sick of his "injuries" every time he gets beat. Waynes does it now too.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Ben Goessling

Verified account

@GoesslingStrib
Following Following @GoesslingStrib
More
Ben Goessling Retweeted Andrew Krammer
Reiff has now gone two full seasons without talking to reporters except after games.Ben Goessling added,
Andrew Krammer

@Andrew_Krammer
Riley Reiff, team captain, declined comment on way out of #Vikings locker room.
Reiff sounds like a champ of a leader and team captain.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Texas Vike wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:13 pm
Ben Goessling

Verified account

@GoesslingStrib
Following Following @GoesslingStrib
More
Ben Goessling Retweeted Andrew Krammer
Reiff has now gone two full seasons without talking to reporters except after games.Ben Goessling added,
Andrew Krammer

@Andrew_Krammer
Riley Reiff, team captain, declined comment on way out of #Vikings locker room.
Reiff sounds like a champ of a leader and team captain.
He probably feels picked on. Gee I wonder why.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Reiff sucks
mael·strom