A little venting....

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purplepain2018
Practice Squad

A little venting....

Post by Purplepain2018 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:45 pm

Please excuse my sarcasm as I write this post, but after watching that PATHETIC effort of what was supposed to be a WIN and your in game by what appeared to be a not so interested in going to the playoffs Vikings team today: Enjoy....

1. It is pretty sad when one of the Vikings better players today was their punter: Matt Wile. He actually had some pretty good punts today one from the Vikings end zone for 65 yards plus a Bears penalty which backed the Bears up to their own 15 yard line.

2. I find it pretty ironic that members of the press will wait for hours to ask questions of a quarterback in Kirk Cousins about the game whose record I believe is now 4-26 against teams with winning records. I also find it pretty pathetic that in some of his answers Cousins tells the press what the defense he was going against was doing, but actually makes no adjustments during the game to help the Vikings win. It is pretty irritating that the press is hanging on this guys every word like he is Joe Montana when he cannot beat a team with a winning record.

3. This goes along with #2 in regards to the press with Zimmer. The press is asking him questions about the game and he is telling them what was happening, but yet he makes no adjustments during the game in order for the Vikings to win.

4. What is really distressing is that the only people who do not realize that is pretty important to get Dalvin Cook the football is the Vikings coaching staff. I believe that he only had ten to twelve touches today. Good job Zimmer!!!

5. It seems that the Vikings priority last offseason was with the kicking game by replacing both Forbash and the punter....but we kept that great offensive line together...yeah!!!!….probably the worst group in the NFL.
0 x

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: A little venting....

Post by PacificNorseWest » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:27 pm

You're right, Wile did have a really good game. That punt that flipped the field some 80 yards, including the penalty was awesome. A good team would have taken full advantage of that.

And since this is a venting thread...MIKE REMMERS....He's GOTTA GO!
1 x

Purplepain2018
Practice Squad

Post by Purplepain2018 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:31 pm

Yeah....Remmers and Compton....both of these guys are a disgrace to NFL guards. If we had won today, it would have been a blow out next week at Soldier Field. I was really surprised at how low energy the Vikings were today.
0 x

vikeinmontana
Career Elite Player

Post by vikeinmontana » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:38 pm

I don’t disagree. And I’m not trying to beat a dead horse.....

But everything you mentioned still starts with our abysmal line play. Remmers was owned. Compton was owned. They all were owned.

We tried to run. Dalvin got hit behind the line of scrimmage every time he touched the ball. He literally had zero chance to gain positive yardage on any play.

So what do you do as a coordinator? You know you’re screwed. You can try to run where you know you’ll be stopped a couple yards behind the line of scrimmage. Or you can get in shotgun where you know it probably won’t go well....but at least you know you bought yourself another 1-2 seconds to work.

We can get mad at cousins. Hate Dalvin. Get mad at all the receivers for never getting open but the common denominator is all the same. Every criticism of the offense comes with a grain of salt. Our line may have been the worst in the league.
0 x
i'm ready for a beer.

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:44 pm

I blame the offense as a whole...I think they did try to run the ball, but how many 3 and outs did they have the first half? Any rushing attempt number will be small when you only have 3 plays per series.
0 x

vikeinmontana
Career Elite Player

Post by vikeinmontana » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:49 pm

PacificNorseWest wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:44 pm
I blame the offense as a whole...I think they did try to run the ball, but how many 3 and outs did they have the first half? Any rushing attempt number will be small when you only have 3 plays per series.
Especially when 1-2 of those runs were for a loss of 3 yards.....
0 x
i'm ready for a beer.

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:54 pm

vikeinmontana wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:49 pm
PacificNorseWest wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:44 pm
Especially when 1-2 of those runs were for a loss of 3 yards.....
Yep...which means you're always throwing on 3rd down. Just wasn't good at all.
0 x

Raz
Starter

Post by Raz » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:03 pm

The line play is terrible. But the turn over at the coordinator position has to be hard to work with. We have some good players but they seem to be assembled randomly we have some nice west coast spread type receivers a fast back who can catch matched up with a poor line a qb that is better suited for a strong run game and play action without a pounding between the tackles back,
Rudolph is a decent te. Ham is solid they were utilized little for most of the season.

So after these ramblings in my opinion they mostly need to figure out what type of offense they are first and foremost and that is on Zimmer and Speilman
2 x

ERIK the PURPLE
Starter

Post by ERIK the PURPLE » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:38 am

Like I've said before, this was 1972 all over again. We bring in Cousins like we brought in Tarkenton in '72. We went 7-7 despite high expectations. We'll get the oline help and the defense will start stronger next year. 11-5 or 12-4. Bank on it.
4 x