Barr, Thielen, Smith, Hunter in pro bowl

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Barr, Thielen, Smith, Hunter in pro bowl

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Congrats... But I have to ask... Is it possible we are underestimating Anthony Barr? He's made the Pro Bowl every season I think. I g the Pro Bowl isn't what it used to be but considering votes are tallied from players, coaches and fans, he must be doing something right.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Barr, Thielen, Smith, Hunter in pro bowl

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Barr making the pro bowl is absurd. I guess he must have good name recognition. I dont think we would drop off much in production at all if Wilson was the starter. And have a nice little chunk of change left.

Grats to Thielen, Smith and Hunter though. They really are among the best in their positions.

Whens the last time Linval made the pro bowl?
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I'm pissed that Hunter wasn't named a starter. He's been the best 4-3 DE in the league all season. Nobody is a more complete DE, talking about rushing the passer AND playing the run, and it's proven by the stats. He's got more sacks, tackles, tackles for loss and assists than either Cameron Jordan or Demarcus Lawrence, who were named starters. In the case of Lawrence, LOTS more ... guess that's what happens when you're a Dallas Cowboy. Heck, he's got better numbers than Khalil Mack and Von Miller. Mack has all those forced fumbles, and I don't begrudge his selection as a starter, especially at linebacker. But Hunter should be starting at DE over either Jordan or Lawrence.

Once again, Harrison Smith is not a starter at safety. Not sure what the man has to do.

Diggs has a case to be on the team, but there's a lot of talent ahead of him. I'd love to see him make it as an alternate. Well, I take that back ... I'd rather see all four of our selections be ineligible because of playing in the SB.

Aaron Rodgers made the team. Sorry, but that's a joke. He's in the top 10 in the league in three volume stats -- yards, attempts, and completions (barely). Wilson has been better. Ryan has been better. Even Wentz and Trubisky have been better than Rodgers. But ... he's Rodgers. Brady made it in the AFC over Andrew Luck, which is a bigger joke than Rodgers making it.

Oh well. Whatever. Congrats to the Vikings who made it.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Pro Bowl is a popularity vote based on fan voting. Barr doesn't deserve it, in my opinion. There were a few snubs, as always.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Next year, look for Stephen Weatherly to be what Danielle Hunter was last year. He's been fantastic at doing his job, defending the run, keeping contain, and pressuring the QB. The Vikings have done a great job keeping the cupboard stocked with young DEs.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:04 pm I'm pissed that Hunter wasn't named a starter. He's been the best 4-3 DE in the league all season. Nobody is a more complete DE, talking about rushing the passer AND playing the run, and it's proven by the stats. He's got more sacks, tackles, tackles for loss and assists than either Cameron Jordan or Demarcus Lawrence, who were named starters. In the case of Lawrence, LOTS more ... guess that's what happens when you're a Dallas Cowboy. Heck, he's got better numbers than Khalil Mack and Von Miller. Mack has all those forced fumbles, and I don't begrudge his selection as a starter, especially at linebacker. But Hunter should be starting at DE over either Jordan or Lawrence.

Once again, Harrison Smith is not a starter at safety. Not sure what the man has to do.

Diggs has a case to be on the team, but there's a lot of talent ahead of him. I'd love to see him make it as an alternate. Well, I take that back ... I'd rather see all four of our selections be ineligible because of playing in the SB.

Aaron Rodgers made the team. Sorry, but that's a joke. He's in the top 10 in the league in three volume stats -- yards, attempts, and completions (barely). Wilson has been better. Ryan has been better. Even Wentz and Trubisky have been better than Rodgers. But ... he's Rodgers. Brady made it in the AFC over Andrew Luck, which is a bigger joke than Rodgers making it.

Oh well. Whatever. Congrats to the Vikings who made it.
If Trubiskey or Wentz were on the Packers, they might be bottom 10 QBs statistically. Rogers has very little to work with on that team.