Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3253
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: Sebastian, FL

Re: Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

Post by Raptorman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:39 pm

halfgiz wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:44 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:12 pm
Maybe this will put some of the Keenum garbage to bed other than me giving my opinion. This is PFF's current write up on Keenum. I'm not the only one seeing it!

And as I said I will keep my opinion until Cousins puts up a 13-3 record...
Broncos games
Seahawks
Raiders
Chiefs
Jets
Rams
Cardinal
Chiefs
Texans
Chargers
Next up Steelers
2 games he put the team in to position to win but has no control over missed FG.


I'm done....You keep your opinion of Keenum and I will keep mine :govikes:
Yup. Keenum killing it this year. 11 TD's 10 Int's. When Case has another 13-3 season......................
1 x
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966

User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1853
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

Post by halfgiz » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:37 pm

Raptorman wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:39 pm
halfgiz wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:44 pm


And as I said I will keep my opinion until Cousins puts up a 13-3 record...
Broncos games
Seahawks
Raiders
Chiefs
Jets
Rams
Cardinal
Chiefs
Texans
Chargers
Next up Steelers
2 games he put the team in to position to win but has no control over missed FG.


I'm done....You keep your opinion of Keenum and I will keep mine :govikes:
Yup. Keenum killing it this year. 11 TD's 10 Int's. When Case has another 13-3 season......................
Denver has had a tougher schedule than the Vikings

The Vikings’ victories this season have come against San Francisco, Philadelphia, Arizona, the New York Jets and Detroit. None of those teams have a winning record and the five are a combined 15-35 this season. There was a time when a win over the defending Super Bowl champion Eagles on the road looked impressive but it’s clear this Philadelphia team is a complete mess.

In addition to the embarrassing loss to Buffalo in September at U.S. Bank Stadium, the Vikings defeats have come against the Los Angeles Rams, New Orleans and Chicago.
0 x

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11487
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

Post by S197 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:35 pm

I like Zimmer and I think he's a good coach. The problem is he and Spielman built a team to win in 2000. In the 2018 fantasy football hyped, can't touch the QB, defenseless receiver, illegal contact, no running start kickoff, concussion protocol world... defenses do not win championships. Who are the best teams in the NFL right now? The Chiefs, Saints, and Rams. All have explosive offenses. None of them are particularly exceptional on defense. The Rams are good but they're a bit anomalous because of the contract with Goff that allows them to sign a bunch of guys to short deals.

Don't get me wrong, a good defense will definitely help you to win but putting most of your draft capital and cap space into a defense is fighting an uphill battle. The NFL is about adaptation and I think this team is suffering from failing to adapt to the new NFL. Whether we like the new NFL or not is irrelevant. Trubisky is going to get that flag every time. So the return on having an all-star secondary and DL is greatly diminished because there's only so much they can do within the confines of the rules.

This is why the Mike Hughes pick was dumb. He's NOT BPA. Not in 2018. Sheldon Richardson is a luxury you don't need in 2018 either. What's not a luxury is a top tier QB and an above average O-line. A good defense and a god awful O-line is a poor strategy. This defense played decently against the Bears but it's not sustainable for 16 games. They're going to give up points. We saw it against the Eagles last year, the Saints, the Rams... You need an offense to win a shootout once in a while.

Adapt or die. Right now the Vikings front office looks like a bunch of dinosaurs hoping the days of the Purple People Eaters is coming back. It's not.
3 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5729
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:56 pm

halfgiz wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:44 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:12 pm
Maybe this will put some of the Keenum garbage to bed other than me giving my opinion. This is PFF's current write up on Keenum. I'm not the only one seeing it!

And as I said I will keep my opinion until Cousins puts up a 13-3 record...
Broncos games
Seahawks
Raiders
Chiefs
Jets
Rams
Cardinal
Chiefs
Texans
Chargers
Next up Steelers
2 games he put the team in to position to win but has no control over missed FG.


I'm done....You keep your opinion of Keenum and I will keep mine :govikes:
Lol dude he’s been one of the worst QBs in the league. That’s obvious. And you’re defending him but are against Kirk cousins? Let me know the next time Case Keenum has a 13-3 season or better yet a winning record again and maybe I’ll change my mind. He’ll be lucky if he’s a starting QB by next year. He might be by default because Denver will have limited options. Not sure how the numbers show it, PFF has noticed it and analysts have noticed it but you can’t all because he had one good miracle season out of 7 seasons. You must think Nick Foles is good too because he won a super bowl....
0 x
Image

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5729
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:02 pm

Raptorman wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:39 pm
halfgiz wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:44 pm


And as I said I will keep my opinion until Cousins puts up a 13-3 record...
Broncos games
Seahawks
Raiders
Chiefs
Jets
Rams
Cardinal
Chiefs
Texans
Chargers
Next up Steelers
2 games he put the team in to position to win but has no control over missed FG.


I'm done....You keep your opinion of Keenum and I will keep mine :govikes:
Yup. Keenum killing it this year. 11 TD's 10 Int's. When Case has another 13-3 season......................
Exactly. One good miracle season and back to reality and fans defend him and Teddy like they top 10 QBs in this league. They’ve been buried at the bottom every year they have started outside of the miracle year. That’s who fans are defending. Below average starting quarterbacks. Just baffles me
0 x
Image

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5729
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:16 pm

halfgiz wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:37 pm
Raptorman wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:39 pm


Yup. Keenum killing it this year. 11 TD's 10 Int's. When Case has another 13-3 season......................
Denver has had a tougher schedule than the Vikings

The Vikings’ victories this season have come against San Francisco, Philadelphia, Arizona, the New York Jets and Detroit. None of those teams have a winning record and the five are a combined 15-35 this season. There was a time when a win over the defending Super Bowl champion Eagles on the road looked impressive but it’s clear this Philadelphia team is a complete mess.

In addition to the embarrassing loss to Buffalo in September at U.S. Bank Stadium, the Vikings defeats have come against the Los Angeles Rams, New Orleans and Chicago.
Yeah we’ve lost to the 3 best teams in the nfc currently. 2 of the 3 on the road. By 7 points, 10 points and 5 points. Losing to Buffalo was embarrassing. The patriots getting smoked by the lions and titans was embarrassing. The Steelers tying the browns was embarrassing. The saints getting smoked by the bucs was embarrassing. The jaguars being 3-7 is embarrassing. The defending super bowl champions with their star quarterback being below .500 is embarrassing. Sh!t happens!!! But those 3 nfc teams are teams we can beat. I truly believe it. We had our shots in every one of those games. Keenum is riding a decent defense and a running game in Denver right now. He’s not winning them games. They beat LA and he was horrible this week. Thank Philip Lindsey and the defense.

Again, I’m taking the true QB talent any day over the one year wonder or a below average QB that hasn’t played in 3 years. Yeah we aren’t repeating last years success. Not easy to do. Last year the nfc had 4-5 new playoff teams. It’s a different year. It’s far from being all on cousins
0 x
Image

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18720
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN

Re: Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:53 am

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:56 pm
halfgiz wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:44 pm


And as I said I will keep my opinion until Cousins puts up a 13-3 record...
Broncos games
Seahawks
Raiders
Chiefs
Jets
Rams
Cardinal
Chiefs
Texans
Chargers
Next up Steelers
2 games he put the team in to position to win but has no control over missed FG.


I'm done....You keep your opinion of Keenum and I will keep mine :govikes:
Lol dude he’s been one of the worst QBs in the league. That’s obvious. And you’re defending him but are against Kirk cousins? Let me know the next time Case Keenum has a 13-3 season or better yet a winning record again and maybe I’ll change my mind. He’ll be lucky if he’s a starting QB by next year. He might be by default because Denver will have limited options. Not sure how the numbers show it, PFF has noticed it and analysts have noticed it but you can’t all because he had one good miracle season out of 7 seasons. You must think Nick Foles is good too because he won a super bowl....
Why can't you just let people have their opinion? He literally just tried to end the argument with you and you had to go on and on like some kind of obsessed teenager talking about his favorite actress. All you have to do here is say "Tha k you for your points, you are right. We won't see eye to eye let's just focus on the season" or something. Drop it. Leave it alone.
You used to post awesome summaries of players and contribute to discussions without being in attack or "I'm right and you're stupid" mode.
I don't come in here nearly as often as I do because I feel like my posts will be torn apart, and I know I am not the only one who feels that way. If you don't agree with someone, great. Say it and move on. But your inability to let things go really gets tired. I'll probably get a warning for this post but frankly I don't care at this point. One of the drawbacks about the foe function is you can still see what the person you foed posts if someone quotes it. And no, this isn't an attack on you. It's a plea for you to relax and let people have their opinions. Even if your opinion works out for the better... Just let it go.
2 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11487
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

Post by S197 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:22 am

I think tonight's Rams/Chiefs game proves my point. We are in a new era.
1 x

User avatar
VikingPaul73
Career Elite Player
Posts: 2929
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:07 pm

Re: Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

Post by VikingPaul73 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:17 am

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:53 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:56 pm


Lol dude he’s been one of the worst QBs in the league. That’s obvious. And you’re defending him but are against Kirk cousins? Let me know the next time Case Keenum has a 13-3 season or better yet a winning record again and maybe I’ll change my mind. He’ll be lucky if he’s a starting QB by next year. He might be by default because Denver will have limited options. Not sure how the numbers show it, PFF has noticed it and analysts have noticed it but you can’t all because he had one good miracle season out of 7 seasons. You must think Nick Foles is good too because he won a super bowl....
Why can't you just let people have their opinion? He literally just tried to end the argument with you and you had to go on and on like some kind of obsessed teenager talking about his favorite actress. All you have to do here is say "Tha k you for your points, you are right. We won't see eye to eye let's just focus on the season" or something. Drop it. Leave it alone.
You used to post awesome summaries of players and contribute to discussions without being in attack or "I'm right and you're stupid" mode.
I don't come in here nearly as often as I do because I feel like my posts will be torn apart, and I know I am not the only one who feels that way. If you don't agree with someone, great. Say it and move on. But your inability to let things go really gets tired. I'll probably get a warning for this post but frankly I don't care at this point. One of the drawbacks about the foe function is you can still see what the person you foed posts if someone quotes it. And no, this isn't an attack on you. It's a plea for you to relax and let people have their opinions. Even if your opinion works out for the better... Just let it go.
LOL. You just described perfectly why I never post here anymore (made an exception for your post)

Mothman’s Post was perfectly said. All excellent excellent points . Kirk “garbage time ” Cousins

Ok - back to lurking .....
0 x

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18720
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN

Re: Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:17 am

S197 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:22 am
I think tonight's Rams/Chiefs game proves my point. We are in a new era.
I still think the vikinfs defense could slow those offenses, but you are right. Goodell is getting his asinine arena league results he's been trying for a few years now. I don't like college football much anymore other than Oklahoma because no one outside of Alabama plays defense (especially Oklahoma).
When this CBA is up I see a very lengthy players strike coming.
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018

User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1853
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

Post by halfgiz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:02 am

Pondering
For the record I like Kirk Cousins, He has one heck of an arm and is a good person.
I'm glad he's our QB!

S197 I totally agree with what your saying. That was why I asked when was the last time we put up 50 points. And the new rule changes in the NFL are helping the offenses.
0 x

User avatar
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7119
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:57 pm

Re: Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

Post by J. Kapp 11 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:45 am

S197 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:22 am
I think tonight's Rams/Chiefs game proves my point. We are in a new era.
That's for sure ... 50+ points for both teams. Seriously?

I honestly hate this. Call me an old-school Purple People Eater, but I don't find a 54-51 track meet enjoyable to watch at all. Aaron Donald and Ndomukong Suh must be so proud of their efforts.
0 x
Image
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.

User avatar
halfgiz
All Pro Elite Player
Posts: 1853
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

Post by halfgiz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:59 am

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:45 am
S197 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:22 am
I think tonight's Rams/Chiefs game proves my point. We are in a new era.
That's for sure ... 50+ points for both teams. Seriously?

I honestly hate this. Call me an old-school Purple People Eater, but I don't find a 54-51 track meet enjoyable to watch at all. Aaron Donald and Ndomukong Suh must be so proud of their efforts.
Was looking at the stats,they are crazy.
KC 135 yards in penalties flagged 13 times.
Neither team had 100 yards rushing
Passing Rams 379, KC 448
0 x

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5729
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:31 am

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:53 am
Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:56 pm


Lol dude he’s been one of the worst QBs in the league. That’s obvious. And you’re defending him but are against Kirk cousins? Let me know the next time Case Keenum has a 13-3 season or better yet a winning record again and maybe I’ll change my mind. He’ll be lucky if he’s a starting QB by next year. He might be by default because Denver will have limited options. Not sure how the numbers show it, PFF has noticed it and analysts have noticed it but you can’t all because he had one good miracle season out of 7 seasons. You must think Nick Foles is good too because he won a super bowl....
Why can't you just let people have their opinion? He literally just tried to end the argument with you and you had to go on and on like some kind of obsessed teenager talking about his favorite actress. All you have to do here is say "Tha k you for your points, you are right. We won't see eye to eye let's just focus on the season" or something. Drop it. Leave it alone.
You used to post awesome summaries of players and contribute to discussions without being in attack or "I'm right and you're stupid" mode.
I don't come in here nearly as often as I do because I feel like my posts will be torn apart, and I know I am not the only one who feels that way. If you don't agree with someone, great. Say it and move on. But your inability to let things go really gets tired. I'll probably get a warning for this post but frankly I don't care at this point. One of the drawbacks about the foe function is you can still see what the person you foed posts if someone quotes it. And no, this isn't an attack on you. It's a plea for you to relax and let people have their opinions. Even if your opinion works out for the better... Just let it go.
How many times on here have I said, ok agree to disagree and guys keep going and won’t drop it. Let’s not act like I’m the only one and call me out on it. I literally did it 5 different times with StumpHunter in the Cousins MVP thread and he continues to argue. And when you say, agree to disagree or I’ll keep my opinion you keep yours, that’s usually all you say. Not post, try to prove another point like strength of schedule and record and THEN say ok I’ll keep my opinion you keep yours. If he said that, I wouldn’t address him like I did. I couldn’t because I would have nothing to say. But he’s trying to prove another point and say that at the same time. It doesn’t work that way. With anyone on here. I’ve been guilty of it too. I mean I already said I’m done in the chat for the year due to the overreactions and negativity that is posted in there all game. So you aren’t the only one frustrated. We’re all vikings fans here and we are all frustrated in our own way. But like I said, if he straight up said yeah agree to disagree or whatever then it would be done but instead goes on another tangeant regarding scheduling along with it.

Also I haven’t really went back and forth with anyone in a while until the Teddy/Keenum conversation came along. I mean I’m the one that started this thread and gave an analysis on every position group from that game. And I’m guessing you’re referring to the mock offseasons I do and I continue to do one every year. The mods don’t need to give you a warning. I know I can be over the top at times. And that's my own fault

I’m just saying you have to see where I’m coming from too with a post like that. Saying you keep your opinion I keep mine but following it up with the 13-3 record and Denver’s current schedule, that’s like a teenager trying to get the last word in the argument. I said, I’m guilty for doing that at times too. Many on here are. But I’ve ended spats by simply saying agree to disagree and they’ve been done. Others have done it to me and it’s squashed too. But saying it along with continuing to push your point isn’t the same thing.

And a side note: the main reason I’m done with that chat during games is it drives me nuts when some fans on here literally only sign on when we’re playing bad just to bit**. Like I know you had some overreactions in there at times but you’re a consistent fan on here as well and contribute a lot to the board. It’s turned into a bit**ing ground for others and they know who they are. That’s exactly what Demi use to do on here. I don’t think Demi has been on here since like 2015 when we started getting good again and Zimmer was turning the team around. It doesn’t surprise me to be honest. I get it, not everyone is gonna be all rah, rah when we’re losing but show your face more when we’re winning like you do or I do. If you’re coming on here to complain and only complain (maybe throw a positive comment or two out to cover it up) then you’re simply trolling. Especially when they’re trying to call you out as theyre complaining when I haven’t even said anything in 20 minutes. I guess that’s what’s bothering me most with the chat.

Either way, sorry for the long post and cluttering up the thread and sorry for carrying that argument on. My bad guys :govikes:
Last edited by Pondering Her Percy on Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Mothman
Defensive Tackle
Posts: 37533
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

Post by Mothman » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:01 am

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:45 am
S197 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:22 am
I think tonight's Rams/Chiefs game proves my point. We are in a new era.
That's for sure ... 50+ points for both teams. Seriously?

I honestly hate this. Call me an old-school Purple People Eater, but I don't find a 54-51 track meet enjoyable to watch at all.
Yeah, that's not what I consider good football.
0 x