Same Ole Vikes

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

purplenoway
Rookie

Re: Same Ole Vikes

Post by purplenoway »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:24 am
AngryVike wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:10 pm

I hear ya. I've been crying myself to sleep since 71 with no end in sight. But your thesis statement is spot on. I can't put my finger on it but I know that the Vikes will let me down 99% of the time when...........the game is on grass, against a solid opponent, at night and on one of the coasts. They are capable of outgaining their opposition, even dominating them but ALWAYS doing just enough stupid things to lose in big, much-needed games. WHY?????? It drives me nuts. This team actually invents ways to blow games.
Come on.

I've been a fan since '69, and from my vantage point, last year was one of the most enjoyable seasons I've ever experienced. It didn't end up the way we wanted, but the Vikings gave me and thousands of other fans a ton of joy for 18 weeks. I've seen this team win games like the Ahmad Rashad miracle over Cleveland and the Minneapolis Miracle. I've also watched every one of the four Super Bowl losses and five NFC Championship Game losses. Despite those disappointments, there's nothing anybody could ever do to get me to cheer for any other team in the league. If I die and the Vikings still haven't won a Super Bowl, I won't have regretted a minute of it.

Here's the other thing. Let's say the Vikings do win the Super Bowl. What then? Will it be enough? Will it really be "I can die in peace now"? For most of you, I seriously doubt it. Your comments don't indicate that. The minute they don't win it the next time, you'll be complaining again.

I see so many posts on here about "sustained excellence." As far as I'm concerned, 20 division titles IS sustained excellence. Would I love them to win the big one? Of course. But I'm not going to sit here and wallow in "they ALWAYS let me down." Because for me, that's simply not true.
Yes, that will be enough.
purplenoway
Rookie

Re: Same Ole Vikes

Post by purplenoway »

Purplectic wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:58 pm
purplenoway wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:33 pm As a lifelong fan, I'm sorry to see the same old Vikings, that no matter what the roster is, they always find a way to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory, I'm growing old and would just like a Super Bowl victory before I die. Is that too much to ask???
I find this rhetoric negatively charged. They don't owe you anything. Get younger, exercise, eat healthy and above all, try to stay positive. Don't grow old. It's already been done and I find it a tad overrated. Don't sit around. Move around.

Enjoy the team for what they've been accomplishing. Most fans of other teams are quite envious of what's been built here.

Moreover, they didn't have a chance in any of the Super Bowls. They were overwhelmed and Tark shrunk in 3 of them...didn't rise to the ocassion although they were outmanned in the trenches by steroid-rich teams from Pitssburgh and Oakland in two. Miami was way too much for them to handle.
Save it, you have no idea what my lifestyle is.