Patrick Peterson?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

cmoss84
Veteran

Patrick Peterson?

Post by cmoss84 »

Seems like a long shot, but is there any way we can pull off a trade with the Cardinals? Do we have the money to make it work? He is still only 28 and is signed for 3 more years under a decent contract.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Patrick Peterson?

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Hmmm... Any word in Rhodes?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I'd be all for this. Especially if Rhodes is out for a while.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Yes!!!!! Although it would take a cap miracle. The Rams will probably get him lol. More realistically the Saints.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Nothing on Rhodes yet. Not sure we could swing it with our cap. Only if Rhodes is out for the season (or longer) do I think they consider it. It'd shock me.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

It will probably take a 1st round pick
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

S197 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:43 pm It will probably take a 1st round pick
Would be worth it.
mael·strom

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I dunno ... this team is heavily invested at CB already and Waynes is looking to be expensive if we want to keep him too. Zimmer is good at coaching up DBs ... hopefully we get some decent play from the bench.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Cliff wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:54 pm I dunno ... this team is heavily invested at CB already and Waynes is looking to be expensive if we want to keep him too. Zimmer is good at coaching up DBs ... hopefully we get some decent play from the bench.
I think I'd let Waynes walk at this point. Especially if he wants big bucks.
mael·strom

S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cliff wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:54 pm I dunno ... this team is heavily invested at CB already and Waynes is looking to be expensive if we want to keep him too. Zimmer is good at coaching up DBs ... hopefully we get some decent play from the bench.
Exactly. It would be nice to be able to get some later round contributors rather than having 5 1st round picks invested in our secondary.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Rhodes is fine...He's always fine. He never misses time. I felt he kinda sold that play he got injured on because their feet got tangled and he wanted to oversell that idea so much as so not to draw the PI penalty. Probably looking to deeply into that, but Rhodes does this...Looks like he gets hurt and will be out, but trots on the field the very next series. The only difference this time is the game was well in hand and he really didn't need to. I'm fairly certain he's fine. And even if he did sprain his ankle, he's one of the toughest dudes around. Non-issue.
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

Just wanted to share this theory from ESPN
Arizona would send Peterson to the Vikings for cornerback Trae Waynes, plus 2019 first- and third-round picks, with the Cardinals agreeing to keep Sam Bradford on their roster so that Minnesota will remain eligible for a 2019 third-round compensatory pick that would otherwise vanish.
Last edited by Grashopa on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly AADPFan
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Grashopa wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:01 pm Just wanted to share this from ESPN
Arizona would send Peterson to the Vikings for cornerback Trae Waynes, plus 2019 first- and third-round picks, with the Cardinals agreeing to keep Sam Bradford on their roster so that Minnesota will remain eligible for a 2019 third-round compensatory pick that would otherwise vanish.
No thanks.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:45 pm Rhodes is fine...He's always fine. He never misses time. I felt he kinda sold that play he got injured on because their feet got tangled and he wanted to oversell that idea so much as so not to draw the PI penalty. Probably looking to deeply into that, but Rhodes does this...Looks like he gets hurt and will be out, but trots on the field the very next series. The only difference this time is the game was well in hand and he really didn't need to. I'm fairly certain he's fine. And even if he did sprain his ankle, he's one of the toughest dudes around. Non-issue.
Good post. I had the same thoughts at the time.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Grashopa wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:01 pm Just wanted to share this theory from ESPN
Wow. What genius came up with this theory?

Waynes IS a first-round pick who happens to be playing great football.

Please tell me the Vikings' front office isn't actually considering this.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.