Vikings at Jets pregame thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Vikings at Jets pregame thread

Post by PurpleMustReign »

FYI, we've never won in New York against the Jets.
They lead the all time series 8-2.
This will be the third time this season we face a rookie QB.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Vikings at Jets pregame thread

Post by Maelstrom88 »

They put up 40 points today. Granted the Colts defense is not that great.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

This is a vital part of the schedule, before it gets tricky again. We should beat all three of the Jets, Saints and Lions before we have the bye. And unless the Saints figure out their Defense, i think they will.
We need to keep pressure on the Bears to mess up. They couldn't beat an Oswieler led Dolphins team yesterday.
The division is ours for the taking, but i feel only 3 out of 3 before the bye will be acceptable.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

We should win this game handily. Should...

The Saints game will be a significant test. If they win that one, then the Purple Pain Train might be ready to leave the station.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Anyone worried about the Lions? I could see us losing to both the Saints and Lions.
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

720pete wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:30 pm Anyone worried about the Lions? I could see us losing to both the Saints and Lions.
I've been a Vikings fan too long. I could see us losing to the Jets as well. I don't look for wins, but I celebrate them when they happen. :thumbsup:
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

720pete wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:30 pm Anyone worried about the Lions? I could see us losing to both the Saints and Lions.
We worry one game at a time smh. Yes we worry about the Lions and the Saints as well especially playing the way we been playing.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Im worried about the Jets there are a mystery as well. Never know how they are going to play.
cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by cstelter »

I just did a quick look, but it seems the only team left on our schedule under .500 is Detroit and I wouldn't be shocked if they were at or above .500 by the time we play them. Last year we kicked off an 8 game winning steak in week 5 against CHI (sub .500), GB (sans Rodgers for most of the game), BAL (sub .500), and CLE (.000). So far this year starting in week 5 we've beaten PHI (.500) and AZ (.200). Not entirely unlike last season. Sadly our next 2 games are not against a struggling BAL and a winless CLE, but rather a currently .500 NYJ and 4-1 NO team.

Bottom line is we have to start winning and make a habit of it. On the road against an unfamiliar opponent is just one step. Things are only going to get tougher. Injuries are mounting on defense. It's going to be an uphill battle, but if the team does well enough to get to the playoffs, I like our chances as we'll be well battle tested. I just hope it's a fun ride.
Craig S
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

The Vikings should probably do well on defense against Darnold. He's mobile, but unlike Josh Allen of the Bills, he does not run. His mobility is mainly pocket movement and movement behind the LOS. This bodes well because he tries to make plays with this arm and he should not be able to do that against Minnesota's defense. Unless, of course, they forget to cover someone, like has happened in every single game this season. :lol:

As for the offense, I just want to see balance across the board. Good running game similar to what we just saw against Arizona. They don't have to do that well, but they need to be productive. Likewise, Cousins plays efficiently -- no fumbles, please -- and balance among pass distribution between Diggs, Thielen, Treadwell as well as Rudolph.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

We can't overlook this team. They are very Jekyll and Hyde. Let's hope Sunday they play awfully. They have a lot of injuries.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

I definitely don't see the Saints game as an easy win. That game scares me badly. Brees is an amazing QB, and they have ALOT of extra incentive to revenge the Miracle. I took a vac day the Monday after so I don't have to be up at 4 am for work... cuz either way i won't sleep. If we win, which I hope happens, I will be so jacked up, and if we lose... in will be so pissed off, and if we tie I will be crying... so in any case sleep isn't an option. So I will just wind down and get some sleep, then head for a treestand for the rest of the day. Unless my 2nd and final deer tag is filled by then, which I believe it will as I already filled the buck tag. In that case i will just watch NFL Network and savor it.. if we win. If we lose.. I will get a honey do list from the wife. I hope I'm watching NFL Network talking about how great we played
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

I definitely don't see the Saints game as an easy win. That game scares me badly. Brees is an amazing QB, and they have ALOT of extra incentive to revenge the Miracle. I took a vac day the Monday after so I don't have to be up at 4 am for work... cuz either way i won't sleep. If we win, which I hope happens, I will be so jacked up, and if we lose... in will be so pissed off, and if we tie I will be crying... so in any case sleep isn't an option. So I will just wind down and get some sleep, then head for a treestand for the rest of the day. Unless my 2nd and final deer tag is filled by then, which I believe it will as I already filled the buck tag. In that case i will just watch NFL Network and savor it.. if we win. If we lose.. I will get a honey do list from the wife. I hope I'm watching NFL Network talking about how great we played
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Oops sorry fellas it posted twice for some reason. My bad
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

Thaumaturgist wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:12 pmI've been a Vikings fan too long. I could see us losing to the Jets as well. I don't look for wins, but I celebrate them when they happen.
Well said.