Vikings @ Eagles Pregame Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Vikings @ Eagles Pregame Thread

Post by Cliff »

EAGAN, Minn. — The road isn’t getting much, if any, easier for the Vikings this week.

Minnesota (1-2-1) must travel to Philadelphia (2-2) for Week 5, its first rematch against the Super Bowl LII Champion Eagles since the NFC Championship Game.

The game between defending NFC North and NFC East winners will be televised nationally by FOX and kick off at 3:25 p.m. (CT).

Minnesota’s offense bounced back nicely from its Week 3 struggles against Buffalo by scoring on its first possession at Los Angeles in the Week 4 opener on Thursday Night Football.

The problem, however, was that the defense gave up repeated big plays and 38 points to the high-octane Rams, who scored three touchdowns (70, 19 and 47 yards) in the second quarter. Jared Goff, the first overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft, completed 26 of 33 passes for 465 yards and five touchdowns for an NFL maximum passer rating of 158.3.

The Eagles are 2-2 after falling 26-23 in overtime to the Titans in Tennessee on Sunday. Corey Davis caught a 10-yard touchdown pass from Marcus Mariota with five seconds left in overtime after Philadelphia settled for a 37-yard field goal in the extra session. The Eagles led 17-3 midway through the third quarter before the Titans rallied.

A 30-yard field goal with 16 seconds remaining in regulation forced overtime.

Here’s a look at the Vikings Week 5 road game against the Eagles:

Read more
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Vikings @ Eagles Pregame Thread

Post by Cliff »

Cook said Monday that the hamstring has not fully healed at this point.

“This thing is still healing up,” Cook said, via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press. “I want to be 100 percent as bad as everybody else wants me to 100 percent. But I’m just not there yet. I just got to keep chipping away. But I’m going to be ready when the time comes, though.”

The Vikings rank last in the league with 252 rushing yards through their first four games and a healthy Cook would be a big part of improving those results. It seems the wait is going to continue at least a little while longer, however.

Read more
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Hamstrings are notorious for this. They can nag and nag, just like foot injuries.

This is a must win game for the Vikings and very important for the defense to get some footing and show it hasn't completely lost it's identity. If they give up 30 points again things are going to get BAD.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I feel great about this game Sunday. Just have a feeling we beat them. Philly is a couple plays away from being 0-4. They havent looked great this year.

3 things going for us:

-Kirk Cousins saw this team twice a year and has a 4-2 record against them.
-Flip knows everything about this team. Offense, defense, Wentz, etc.
-We just ran toe to toe with the best team in football. This Eagles team doesnt have an offense anywhere near the talent of the Rams
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

34-24 eagles.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:40 am I feel great about this game Sunday. Just have a feeling we beat them.
Same. I'm only a little hesitant because Philly is always a tough place to play and Vikings have trouble there.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Lets put it this way, I'm not nearly as worried about this game as I was about the Rams game
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Alas, the season has come to this:

If the game is a shoot out I will be upset, even if we win. If the defense shows up I will be happy, even if we lose.

Defense really needs to show up on Sunday and get back to playing like we all know they can. If they have another bad performance the wheels will come off big time.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Cliff wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:25 am
Anyone happen to know how he had his ACL reconstructed? Whether they harvested his new one from his hamstring or his patella tendon? If the former, this wouldn't be terribly surprising. (I'm assuming he did autograft and not allograft).
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Texas Vike wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:52 pm Anyone happen to know how he had his ACL reconstructed? Whether they harvested his new one from his hamstring or his patella tendon? If the former, this wouldn't be terribly surprising. (I'm assuming he did autograft and not allograft).
Looks like it was autograft

Last edited by PacificNorseWest on Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

mansquatch wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:51 pm
Defense really needs to show up on Sunday and get back to playing like we all know they can. If they have another bad performance the wheels will come off big time.
Unfortunately this will be the team that cut their wheels off at the lug nuts last season, and they have only been running on spares since...
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

:lol:

I should've known better than to ask this crew!

Also, it's highly unlikely anyone outside of the organization knows this and given Zim's penchant for keeping mum on player injuries, I would guess this info is not widely known.

So my speculation is that if his hamstring injury is in the same leg as his ACL reconstruction, it is likely he opted for a hamstring harvest. This leaves the hamstring shorter and more tender and it takes a bit of time to rebuild hamstring strength and range of motion. In short, we may be w/o Cook for a while.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Oh, you meant cook? :lol: Dang.

Fixed.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:04 pm Oh, you meant cook? :lol: Dang.

Fixed.
:lol:

I think I can tell from the photo that they harvested from his hamstring... definitely an autograft/ autograph. :lol:
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I think the Titans had a good recipe for beating the Eagles. Pressure Wentz, limit mistakes, and keep it close with a chance to win it at the end. The main thing is coming out strong, we can't be put in a hole like the last two games. Philly may not be playing great but they can turn it on in an instant. They looked pretty bad at the end of the regular season last year only to tear up the playoffs.